XLaurentX

Zombies

Well, if you lived in a really remote place- like the Amazon, the South Pole or somewhere- then there wouldn't be enough people to turn into zombies to worry about. I think the native tribes of the world would survive, as they're used to moving about and living with electricity, modern medicine, the internet, etc. So all hope is not lost- people will get back once all the zombies have rotted away, or just adapt so that attacks by the dead are just ...ho-hum. You know? smile.gif

"Darling, a zombie just ate the dog."

"*sigh* I'll get the flamethrower out the shed."

Also, some people always burn their dead- no bodies equals no zombies!

*zombified thread rises for brains* /shot

are we talking solanum (or any other infection) living dead, mutations etc?

@ruins I agree completely

I don't think anyone in cities is going to survive more than a few months...

I personally go for a virus or some other pathogen, so infected peeps are still alive, which makes them as easy to kill as normal humans.

... but it's not as fun like that :<

Watched an actual footage case on Animal Planet about zombies once. (forgot the name of the show, but it's all about cryptids.)

Some guy used a neurotoxin, that basically shuts down the brain, and created a whole horde of zombies. One of the three cops got zombified, got killed by his partners, 'twas creepy.

Watched an actual footage case on Animal Planet about zombies once. (forgot the name of the show, but it's all about cryptids.)

Some guy used a neurotoxin, that basically shuts down the brain, and created a whole horde of zombies. One of the three cops got zombified, got killed by his partners, 'twas creepy.

ooooooh. if you remember please do tell! I'd like to watch this biggrin.gif

ooooooh. if you remember please do tell! I'd like to watch this biggrin.gif

Was smart enough to check the guide just now. It's called Lost Tapes.

Pretty freaky sh!t

Truefully I would not survive a zombie attack. I think people couldngo into space maybe unsure.gif.

If not I hope big%#€ guns will save us. But I would die anyway. I am a weak person.

Reg Shoe wouldn't bite us.

What's to say that they lack to "correct brain function" to swim? All it needs is a bit of coordination and the urge to stay near the surface.

They only truely have the urge to go after prey. No more. You're more likely going to see them flapping and flailing then doing the breaststroke. Zombies CAN'T swim. Any type except 1. It is the parasitic zombie. A parasite could have enough control of the brain to do things like use a gun, swim, or even drive vehicles. The most you can possibly see out of any zombie other then the parasitic is running.

Of course if the virus goes through a mutation............

There is always the possibility the virus mutates

in rhea's living zombie it is possible they could regain enough of the necessary functions to drive, shoot, swim, ext....

In a dead zombie you'd probably get your L4D zombies or RE1-3 Zombies but no swimming or driving or shooting (man made weapons). While they are rather illogical in reviving you need some logic and a dead body can float, possibly, but not swim.

Why not swim? The bloating might even help.

If a dead body can walk, why can't it swim?

Why not swim? The bloating might even help.

If a dead body can walk, why can't it swim?

Gasses would make it float and when those finally go away it sinks. A dead zombie mutates by just getting more powerful. It has no more brain function then it had before. It is just even harder to kill. They walk, attack, run but that is all.

Mutates by getting more powerful? Wait, what?

Your zombies sound very game-based, with artificial restrictions and... "pwer-ups".

Mutates by getting more powerful? Wait, what?

Your zombies sound very game-based, with artificial restrictions and... "pwer-ups".

It is. And the mutated gets more powerful not mutates after getting the power. I've grown up with these zombies and my opinions match the games because of it. Looking back in the gamecube remake of RE:DC a killed zombie would mutate into a more powerful, running, zombie. Looking forward into L4D there is the tank. Massively powerful. Witch, also massively powerful. It goes on.

This is of course IF they mutate.

In truth though? Zombies will not mutate. They can NOT swim. They can NOT run.

Good ole zombie survival guide.

That's only if the book is accurate to a T as well.

Ya gotta consider all possible sorts of zombies - Romero, Russo, and other various new kinds. "Our Zombies are Different" and all that jazz.

That's only if the book is accurate to a T as well.

Ya gotta consider all possible sorts of zombies - Romero, Russo, and other various new kinds. "Our Zombies are Different" and all that jazz.

They all have a thing in common. Lack of higher brain functions. WEEEEEEEEEEEELLLLLLLLLL all but a few, but the few that did still kept their minds. Meaning in truth none but the few could swim. Stay afloat? Sure, waving your arms wildly can keep you on the surface. Move? Sure you can move flailing in the water. Fast? Oh most definitely not. A pro swimmer can hardly move FAST let alone a flailing zombie. Pit a human V.S zombie water match and the human will live.

Bring in a fish zombie though and there could be problems.

... pro swimmers can swim plenty fast. And, using your zombie base (undead), they don't need to breathe. They have an advantage.

... pro swimmers can swim plenty fast. And, using your zombie base (undead), they don't need to breathe. They have an advantage.

By fast I mean FAST. Faster then most yes. If say they can stay surfaced a human swimming away from a fflailing zombie is 99.99% possible. Flailing in the water is not fast enough to catch someone actually swimming. Underwater swimming is impossible for any zombie. As long as you are on the surface you can EASILY keep away from a underwater zombie.

Add in a fish zombie and there will be a few problems.

How is underwater swimming impossible?

And what speed is "fast", exactly? (I'm a swimmer and was a bit peeved by your comment, I'll admit).

How is underwater swimming impossible?

And what speed is "fast", exactly? (I'm a swimmer and was a bit peeved by your comment, I'll admit).

Flailing is going to get you nowhere underwater but down. You have to actually swim and zombies can't do that.

Cars, motor boat, stuff like that is FAST. Top runners or swimmers are fast sure but not FAST.

Why can't they swim? If they can walk, I don't see why they can't swim. Bipedal movement on land is actually fairly difficult - hence why humanoid robots don't move so fast.

Stuff that runs on gas isn't as reliable. You run out, and then what?

Why can't they swim? If they can walk, I don't see why they can't swim. Bipedal movement on land is actually fairly difficult - hence why humanoid robots don't move so fast.

Stuff that runs on gas isn't as reliable. You run out, and then what?

Hence why they can't run. They might as well be bipedal robots. Walking, moving their jaws, is the most they can do.

Swimmin requires the constant, and uniform I will add, movement of the arms and legs in the water. Something zombies just can't do. They would try to run (This says they can run) in the water, exactly what you aren't supposed to do. Saying they would swing their arms and stay afloat is giving them the benifit of the doubt. With that swimming is out of the question.

I never said they were. I said they were faster then a human.

I keep thinking live zombies, and you undead ones, so I think at this point it's mostly "agree to disagree."

... (dog paddle, anyone?)

I keep thinking live zombies, and you undead ones, so I think at this point it's mostly "agree to disagree."

... (dog paddle, anyone?)

I will put it in a different way.

Swimming requires calm, focus, and uniformity.

Live or undead zombies are eratic are have no focus. While you can kick, flap, and flail to stay afloat you can't swim very far, very fast.

Yeah sure I can agree to disagree but first I want to hear why you think a zombie can swim. I have explained why I think they can't but have not heard why you think they can.

Live zombies in various portrayals have coordination. Ex. running, or in Zombieland the ability to open doors. That's pretty coordinated.

For walking/swimming... they can walk, which implies some sort of memory or retained ability, since something completely brainless would be unable to do much. If they can "recall" how to walk, why can't they "recall" how to swim?

Live zombies in various portrayals have coordination. Ex. running, or in Zombieland the ability to open doors. That's pretty coordinated.

For walking/swimming... they can walk, which implies some sort of memory or retained ability, since something completely brainless would be unable to do much. If they can "recall" how to walk, why can't they "recall" how to swim?

Zombieland is a spoof, not-to-be-taken-serious, interpretation. A zombie is more likely to break a door down then open it.

That implies they can "recall" how to fire a gun or "recall" how to drive or "recall" how to use any weapon or "recall" how to ride a bike........................ The list goes on. You can sleep standing up or even walk, possibly run, but swimming is impossible yes? I would assume a sleep walker has more brain function then a zombie does.

Of course we will probably disagree so agreeing to disagree is the best option.

Edited by crazywargod