XLaurentX

Zombies

Apparently, zombies would be aiming at highly populated areas. So, my plan:

A) But three horses from the riding school - King Vuli, the fast reckless on, Jewel, the sweet one with the fast yet smooth canter, and Tom, the fast, bump canterer who will eventually listen to you. xd.png

cool.gif I'd take Vuli, mom on Jewel (the calmest and best canter) and my sister on Tom.

C) Pack kitty into a fabric bag and attack it to Tom's neckstrap once there.

D) Provisions in backpack - including lots of kitchen knives. (My mother has loads. O.O)

E) Tack up horses and get on, mother on lead rein attached to Vuli.

F) Make sure she's ready, and trot out, along the road and up the mountain.

G) Once at the top and near the forests, go into said forest. Teach mother how to canter.

H) Gallop away from any zombies, leave no traces of living in said forest behind.

Got it all worked out. o3o The forest goes high up a hill, so it'd be pretty safe. Of course, if my grandparents are still alive by then, I'd have to have my grandfather on Vuli with me leading him, and my grandmother on Tom with my sister leading her. Eheh. ;D It'd probably fail, but it sounds fun.

Edited by Chicogal

Build a space station.

Pretty sure zombies can't fly. :3

Problem solved.

In a situation like this I would probably live for awhile. I am very good at these types of things.

Reasons:

1)I am super PARINOID! It would save my butt. At night when the floor creaks I always look over my shoulder and I'm constanly forming plans on what to do in a zombie attack (and nuclear attacks, vampires, murder/ supernatural creature).I also plan all the funny zombie things. Droping bricks, cinder blocks, tires, chain saws, and other things on them from 5 story buildings.

2) I have easy access to guns

3) Watched tons of zombie movies. I know what and what not to do.

4) Have a few Zombie nut friends. They can help.

5) Have lots of lighters and Axe deoderant spray >:)

6) I'm a little out of shape but when I run for my Life I can beat all my friends in a footrace.(I have friends that play sports, go to a gym, and run track)

7) Already figured all the places to barricade my house.

My zombie test score: Z+

Edited by elidragon

I'm happy I don't have dreams that often. When I dream it's like a large mashup off a lot of things epsically that day.

I'm happy I don't have dreams that often. When I dream it's like a large mashup off a lot of things epsically that day.

You cant not have dreams while sleeping, dreaming is automatic, every human dreams every time he/she sleeps.

You can forget those dreams often but you can't not dream.... Impossible feat, at least according to the science wink.gif

You cant not have dreams while sleeping, dreaming is automatic, every human dreams every time he/she sleeps.

You can forget those dreams often but you can't not dream.... Impossible feat, at least according to the science wink.gif

So it may as well be that you're not dreaming, if you cannot remember it. After all, it only happens in your mind, and if you instantly do not have any recollection on the moment on waking up it may as well have never happened.

Cross bow - its easer to make and recover arrow shafts then bullits.

Machetty - running does no good if you get caught in the brush

Kitana - Thing is made for slicing head off

A mountain strong hold that requires one to first travil above the frost line befor traviling down - hopefully the dead move no better frozen then the living.

Hydroponics - Its safer to produce your food then it is to scavange for it

Chickens -easyer to raise in a confined situation then cattle or porcine animals and their refuse is easer to convert to a safe growth medeum for plants.

Goats - naturals to mountainiouse turain and can digest fodder that other ruminants cant.

A decent non-infected population - not much point in surviving if you do not have a next generation to continue the struggle! Otherwise your just another extinct speaces deluding itself.

One really must consider the long run.

It would also be nice to have a population of indeviduals who are resistant to the plague as they will be able to survive after initial infection and can be used to develope a vaccine.

Why is it that everyone wants to go for a katana for zombie slayage?

How many people who say that actually know how to use one? Or maintain it? Or would even be able to find one in the event of zombie attack?

I'd probably end up using or handguns and rifles as long as the ammo holds out, then I'd be forced to blunt objects. We've got some nice aluminum baseball bats in the garage...

How many people who say that actually know how to use one? Or maintain it? Or would even be able to find one in the event of zombie attack?

Given the choice of absolutely anything I'd want a minigun biggrin.gif

As that's rampantly unlikely to happen I'll have to stick with shotguns (easy find in a rural community, even in the UK) and one of the numeroud bladed weapons I do have in the house (The axe and kukri, which are both functional rather than just decorative, spring to mind).

Frankly, I don't see how people could be scared of zombies.

1. They walk slowly

2. They can't operate machinery

3. You can operate machinery

4. You can walk to your car and run them over.

Really, you would have to be really stupid or really unlucky to get infected, so they would all die pretty quickly. Easy as that.

Frankly, I don't see how people could be scared of zombies.

1. They walk slowly

2. They can't operate machinery

3. You can operate machinery

4. You can walk to your car and run them over.

Really, you would have to be really stupid or really unlucky to get infected, so they would all die pretty quickly. Easy as that.

Well. You have to sleep and eat regularly. They don't.

There are way more of them than there are of you.

What happens if your car gets stuck, or broken? Horde of zombies surrounds you and beats the thing in.

Also, you're facing the psychological trauma of the apocalypse, and either wondering if your friends and family are dead, or having watched some of them die.

And not all zombies fallow the slow-shambley archetype.

Well, they wouldn't survive the first day and they wouldn't gain hordes. There would be less of them than you, and those would die quickly.

How is the apocalypse supposed to start anyway?

Edited by -platinum-draco-

Well, they wouldn't survive the first day and they wouldn't gain hordes. There would be less of them than you, and those would die quickly.

How is the apocalypse supposed to start anyway?

Um They are already dead.

There is likely to be a large initial influx do to the surprise facter - ie

Medical pursonel who become infected trying to revive the infect when they rise.

Homeless people who get infected and go w/o treatment attacking the unsuspecting.

People getting infected by indeveduals who are infected that they know before realizing that they are infect.

As far as how it starts most versions hold to acts of terrorism with a geneticaly inganeared organism

Others radeation

And there is the ever populer end of days as predicted in revilation were hell is full and the dead shall walk the earth

what is not delt with are the other 3 catagories that people fall into with desease

all that is ever addressed ( with the exception of resident evil ) are the susceptible - those who die from infection, we do not see the resistant - people who get sick and recover ( the most important group as they produce antibodies from which vaccines can be made ) We do not see the immune - people who for some reason can not contract the disease or even the carriors - those who contract the desease but remain a-symtomatic while being contagiouse ( ie typhoid marry )

Now the forth catagory tend to be rare but cause a lot more problems then others.

For instance Small Pox first came to the Americas via a carrier on board one of the spanish ships with Cortez. Small Pox went on to wipe out entire tribes before they had ever encountered a white man.

Typhoid Marry was resposible for 3 major out breacks of Typhoid fever before she was locked up for the rest of her life. She worked in food service.

A carrier can infect dozens of people who go on to infect hundrids that can then infect thousands.

In both of these cases the illness is spread by contact with an infected person, infected items or infected food. Nither illness has ever been air born.

Additionaly, if animals can carry the illness then the likely hood of infection is greatly incressed. Before we could vacinate pets agenst rabies it was a lot more comon for people to become exposed to it.

Yes, I did train with them. They cut better than most other swords as they are made for simply slashing, while a lot of western swords are more for crushing than clean-cutting.

And they look cool.

Personally I would prefer a shotgun, but the problem with projectile weapons is they are more fragile and become useless without ammo.

And by "initial influx," you mean 10-20 people in a rural area, 20-40 people in a populated area. All in one area, of course.

They would still re-die quickly.

Quickly enough that one mutated disease could not be passed along to cause any respectable apocalypse.

A "Typhoid Mary" is the only thing that would be slightly worrying, but I don't know the likeliness of that. Again, I think the zombie apocalypse would only gain about 100 carriers, tops, which is far less than typhoid had. Even a carrier like that would be identified and locked up, after only a few quickly dealt-with infections.

Yes, I suppose an initial influx would be stopped quite quickly, if the hypothetical 'zombie virus' was some random disease that suddenly cropped up in the ass end of nowhere. Even in a city, I guess it would be easily stopped.

But what about the ever popular 'terrorist engendered super virus' that infects hundreds of people in thousands of different location in a systematic attack where the only goal of the group is to watch the world burn?

Or the T-Virus, if we want to go with easily recognizable zombie genre cannon. It's incredibly easy to catch, easily mutates, and if it's controlled is a wonder drug(I think? The games are so confusing sometimes). It's very destructive, but the developers want to believe it's a viable resource(hmmmm...). Am I mixing up game and movie stuff?

Sure, the CDC would most likely contain a viral outbreak when the infected show such obvious signs. The panic levels would be ridiculous in proportions if word was leaked while they worked to do it though. Entire nations enforce martial law until they are positive it's not there, and that where it is it has been fully contained?

This is of course going with the ever classic zombies turn within hours and can only transfer the disease through direct fluid contact.

A zombie virus with an incubation period until it if fully realized(a week, two?), that is air born, with flu like symptoms? Coughing transfers it, thousands of people could be infected before the first few people start to turn. No one connects the strange new flu strain to the outbreak for a few days, allowing even more people to get infected. By this point containment is almost impossible, not impossible, but chances are slim.

Completely off the topic of whatever you guys are discussing now… the Sci Fi club at my high school proclaimed today as Zombie Love Day (as an Anti-Valentine's Day thing.) We made heart shaped, green-frosted sugar cookies to sell to people.

I never really understood the zombie craze. They don't really interest me that much.

You will be the first to fall. ;~)

Some people call me crazy. But I have plans in case of a zombie apocalipse, I have some weapons (not guns, I don't know how to say it but... not a weapon, not a sword xd.png), I ALWAYS have a bag ready to take in case of.. and well that's all. I read both books of Max Brooks and I think that I'm close to be ready. Also my family knows all about zombies (guilty!) and well. And yes, I have dreams with zombies all the time. At the first I died all the time, but then... I SURVIVE!! YAAY :b

A detailed zombie apocalypse plan is one of the hallmarks of a geek. Some of us on here have *very* detailed plans.

A detailed zombie apocalypse plan is one of the hallmarks of a geek. Some of us on here have *very* detailed plans.

For everywhere they frequent more than once in their life. For one-off visits I do construct emergency plans.

Yeah, I've got a pretty detailed plan for my house, my grandparent's house, my OTHER grandparent's house in Oklahoma... never hurts to be prepared.

Yes, I suppose an initial influx would be stopped quite quickly, if the hypothetical 'zombie virus' was some random disease that suddenly cropped up in the ass end of nowhere. Even in a city, I guess it would be easily stopped.

But what about the ever popular 'terrorist engendered super virus' that infects hundreds of people in thousands of different location in a systematic attack where the only goal of the group is to watch the world burn?

Or the T-Virus, if we want to go with easily recognizable zombie genre cannon. It's incredibly easy to catch, easily mutates, and if it's controlled is a wonder drug(I think? The games are so confusing sometimes). It's very destructive, but the developers want to believe it's a viable resource(hmmmm...). Am I mixing up game and movie stuff?

Sure, the CDC would most likely contain a viral outbreak when the infected show such obvious signs. The panic levels would be ridiculous in proportions if word was leaked while they worked to do it though. Entire nations enforce martial law until they are positive it's not there, and that where it is it has been fully contained?

This is of course going with the ever classic zombies turn within hours and can only transfer the disease through direct fluid contact.

A zombie virus with an incubation period until it if fully realized(a week, two?), that is air born, with flu like symptoms? Coughing transfers it, thousands of people could be infected before the first few people start to turn. No one connects the strange new flu strain to the outbreak for a few days, allowing even more people to get infected. By this point containment is almost impossible, not impossible, but chances are slim.

True. But really, killing people could be easier.

You would have to engineer some serious mind control virus that somehow kills someone AND THEN animates their corpse? Or simply controls their mind, which is much more feasible but then they die quicker.