XLaurentX

Zombies

No you're not. Just divide by zero.

What good is surviving the zombie apocolypse if I destroy the very fabric of reality in the process?

What good is surviving the zombie apocolypse if I destroy the very fabric of reality in the process?

You get to go out with a bang?

Actually, a knife isn't all that useful against zombies, though it would be great for wilderness survival.

Just think about it; you have to run up to a bloodthirsty zombie, sit a ew inches away from it, and saw off its head with that knife while it can to whatever you want to your helpless, defenseless head. Stabbing probably isn't enough; you need to absolutely DESTROY the brain, 100%.

Guns and bombs are your friends.

Actually, a knife isn't all that useful against zombies, though it would be great for wilderness survival.

Just think about it; you have to run up to a bloodthirsty zombie, sit a ew inches away from it, and saw off its head with that knife while it can to whatever you want to your helpless, defenseless head. Stabbing probably isn't enough; you need to absolutely DESTROY the brain, 100%.

Don't forget falling rocks/pianos. And catapults. Rockets might work. Grenades.

Don't forget falling rocks/pianos. And catapults. Rockets might work. Grenades.

Depends how large the catapult is and what you launch.

Launching kittens at zombies is useless and a waste of kittens, unless by kittens you mean rabid coyotes. That might work.

Shoot it in the head with a quick in-n-out with the knife, preferably 12 inches long, also in the head. You have now followed a necessary rule for surviving the zombie apocalypse. The double tap.

Of course you need a knife. It is one of those multi-purpose tools. Crobar is best but a knife is not a bad thing to have either.

Let's hear your argument first.

Lets see

1)Longer reach

2)Pry open doors

I know there is more but that is all I remember at the moment

If we are talking about virus zombies, you touch some of that diseased blood on the blade and boom. You're craving brains.

I prefer long range weapons. Blood stays away and I live another day.

-Bash heads. What else?

Knife: cut.

-Food preparation

-Cut: string, cloth, wire, clothing, paper, cardboard, etc. etc.

-Whittle

-Etch

-A bazillion other things that are rather situation-specific but if you want I could mention a few.

-Bash heads. What else?

Knife: cut.

-Food preparation

-Cut: string, cloth, wire, clothing, paper, cardboard, etc. etc.

-Whittle

-Etch

-A bazillion other things that are rather situation-specific but if you want I could mention a few.

Heads, boxes, crates, doors, walls

I see your point though.

Bashing walls? Why not just go around? Or through a window?

I'm not the brute-force type. Why bash a melon to bits when you can divide it into a neat number of slices?

Heads, boxes, crates, doors, walls

I see your point though.

why bash doors?

the door is the entrance to a potential shelter, or the exit from a possible zombie corral. Why destroy it?

why bash doors?

the door is the entrance to a potential shelter, or the exit from a possible zombie corral. Why destroy it?

An exit is still an exit without a door. You might want to raid a place anda door can be a very clumsy thing to have when escaping.

Even if you wouldn't bash the door it is always good to keep your options open.

@Rhea:I don't know why you would bash a wall but the option is there.

A door helps keep stuff in and stuff out.

It's really not as easy to bash a door or wall down as the movies make it out to be. Not everything is plywood/drywall.

A door helps keep stuff in and stuff out.

It's really not as easy to bash a door or wall down as the movies make it out to be. Not everything is plywood/drywall.

When your busting out of the room closing the door is your smallest concern.

It is true it might take a bit but you might want to customize your hideaway and bashing a wall down can provide barricade material. Same with a door.

Even if you never plan it it is always good to keep your options open.

When your busting out of the room closing the door is your smallest concern.

It is true it might take a bit but you might want to customize your hideaway and bashing a wall down can provide barricade material. Same with a door.

Even if you never plan it it is always good to keep your options open.

Orly? I'd say that closing a door is a good thing. A momentary barrier (maybe longer depending on zombie smarts), plus if it locks - you're separated from the enemy.

But seriously, have you tried to bash a wall recently?

Orly? I'd say that closing a door is a good thing. A momentary barrier (maybe longer depending on zombie smarts), plus if it locks - you're separated from the enemy.

But seriously, have you tried to bash a wall recently?

The walls at my home are fairly decent. A zombie couldn't bash through with fists for a bit but a nice swing of a crowbar could put a nice hole in it.

As I said over and over. Even if you NEVER plan to do it having the option is a GOOD thing.