XLaurentX

Zombies

Spoof or no, it's a possible zombie interpretation.

There have been sleepwalkers who have murdered people. While asleep. They've also managed to drive themselves, ride trains... the list goes on.

I wouldn't say that they couldn't recall how to do any of those things, but they require a little more finesse than simply swimming.

What sort of zombies are being referenced in this swimming debate?

Slow zombies are portrayed as shambling wrecks of what they used to be. They could maybe bob around on the surface and flop and splash, or sink to the bottom and wonder around assuming the pressure wasn't too great and perhaps grab an unsuspecting swimmer treading water. But actively pursuing a determined human in water isn't a slow zombie's beat bet.

As to a fast possibly more coordinated zombie, I'll buy that they could maybe master a weak dog paddle and get somewhere in water- even make an effort to pursue a victim. But even a weak human swimmer would most likely beat them out easily. The only possible advantage I can see for the zombie would be its stamina, you can swim as fast as you want but if a safe shore isn't near by you'll tire out eventually. The zombie is happy to go after you for as long as it takes, and once you get to shore you'll be tired- it won't.

Well, so far it's pretty clear that cwg is referencing undead, while I personally believe that undeath is impossible so zombies must be living - which puts them on par with humans, almost. The more human/"alive" it is, the higher chance of it being able to move in a coordinated fashion.

And honestly, swimming is not that hard.

Well, so far it's pretty clear that cwg is referencing undead, while I personally believe that undeath is impossible so zombies must be living - which puts them on par with humans, almost. The more human/"alive" it is, the higher chance of it being able to move in a coordinated fashion.

And honestly, swimming is not that hard.

I am referancing both the living and undead. Hence my comment

"Live or undead zombies are eratic are have no focus. While you can kick, flap, and flail to stay afloat you can't swim very far, very fast."

Zombieland is a spoof, not-to-be-taken-serious, interpretation.

What's to say Zombieland zombies aren't more accurate interpretations of zombies than "more serious" zombie movies?

As all zombie movies fall under fiction, I'm not sure you can really say you're supposed to take any of them that seriously. ;3

Zombieland "zombies" are technically infected, and considering the movie is a comedy, it's fairly obvious that it's not supposed to be taken as seriously.

Zombieland zombies are no different than horror movie's zombies. Personally I think swimming will do no good. What if some of the zombies can adapt like in resident evil. blink.gif

crowbars are epicness, easy to bash a zombehs brains in. as for the swimming, what if they wait at the bottom and reach up and grab and dround you?

crowbars are epicness, easy to bash a zombehs brains in. as for the swimming, what if they wait at the bottom and reach up and grab and dround you?

That really depends on the depth.

You don't need any kind of guns, actually. Just a big fridge and big cupboard, both of them full of food. Time and nature will do the rest. Dead bodies putrefy, walking corpses are no exception, in a few months there won't be enough of their brains to keep them walking.

Buuuuuut, if we were dealing with zombies that can avoid putrefation, then I'll go and let them bite me. I always wanted to be a zombie!

You don't need any kind of guns, actually. Just a big fridge and big cupboard, both of them full of food. Time and nature will do the rest. Dead bodies putrefy, walking corpses are no exception, in a few months there won't be enough of their brains to keep them walking.

Buuuuuut, if we were dealing with zombies that can avoid putrefation, then I'll go and let them bite me. I always wanted to be a zombie!

And when the walk in through your door, you hide in the fridge and throw food at them?

And when the walk in through your door, you hide in the fridge and throw food at them?

A frozen chicken attached to a broom stick could work as a nice mace. And with two or three cans of tuna or peaches, a few chains and another stick you could make a cool morning star, too. Food can be dangerous if you know how to use it xd.png

Well, I always thought my Mum's mushroom risotto could kill... laugh.gif

don't get trapped in a building

make sure you has plenty of weapons

make sure your car has plenty of gas so you arn't nommed on by the zombes

hope for survival

The Zombie Survival Guide.

And crowbars are better than guns.

Wrong! A silenced firearm and a good place to hide is always better than a crowbar, ammo is just an annoying limitation.

The Zombie Survival Guide.

This. Best book EVAR. (World War Z, by the same author I think, is also a good book.)

Well, if you're wanting to survive the Zombie Apocalypse anyways. tongue.gifxd.png

I agree. They are both awesome books. WWZ is being made into a movie with Brad Pit i hear.

Really? Wow I would like to see that - if they don't screw it up, that is. 'Twould be quite interesting, seeing it in film form. :3 Edited by Kiri-tan

Only problem is that you'd have to get dangerously close to said zombie in order to smash said brains in with said crowbar. :/

I think I'd use a crowbar and a gun...

Or those little blow things that have poison on the tips. Simple but effective, if the poison'd work on the zombies.

If not.. We're screwed.

I think I'd use a crowbar and a gun...

Or those little blow things that have poison on the tips. Simple but effective, if the poison'd work on the zombies.

If not.. We're screwed.

Hmm... I think that's a good point actually. No matter which method (I don't want to say 'theory') you think would make zombies more probably, I don't think poison would work. Because no matter what you think (experimentation/virus/Flight of the Living Dead style-y), they're almost always uniformly dead. And reanimated with a total disregard for personal well-being. Being dead, however, means no blood flow and without that, the poison wouldn't be distributed around the body and wouldn't really have as fatal an impact as it would on a living being.

But, meh... Anyone else got something to add? I'm not sure if I explained myself clearly as it is getting late and I'm more than a little tired. ^^;

Wrong! A silenced firearm and a good place to hide is always better than a crowbar, ammo is just an annoying limitation.

Remember:

user posted image

Perhaps if you just had a crowbar for when you ran out of ammo?