XLaurentX

Zombies

Zombies still freak me out, let's not have them be shark zombies too, if that happens we're all screwed

Still dunno why scuba gear is necessary. Zombies can't swim, so as long as you can, once you're in the water you're good.

Unless you run into this guy. Then you're pretty much screwed unless you're Leon.

user posted image

But you already said they can't swim, so what would be the point of it? Or you could breath in air, swim under water a bit, then get more air and all that chiz.

You swimming to your boat. Do you want to attract their attention and drag them towards it?

Yes you can but it is best to stay under water until you get to the boat as that way you make the least amount of noise.

You swimming to your boat. Do you want to attract their attention and drag them towards it?

Yes you can but it is best to stay under water until you get to the boat as that way you make the least amount of noise.

getting out of the water into the boat will still make splashing. swimming does not make much noise

Still dunno why scuba gear is necessary. Zombies can't swim, so as long as you can, once you're in the water you're good.

Unless you run into this guy. Then you're pretty much screwed unless you're Leon.

user posted image

oh man 0__0 that game was insane on hard mode, but the infinite rocket launcher , THAT is how you kill a zombie, hit it with a rocket launcher

getting out of the water into the boat will still make splashing. swimming does not make much noise

At least then you are already at the boat. That gives them less time to reach you before you leave.

... Dude, you said they can't swim. Stop whining about them getting to the boat, because if they can't swim, they ain't getting to it.

Edited by Qwackie

true true , but what if a zombie has good sense of smell? even if they can not swim...decaying bodies because of gases inside them can float if their not far enough in the decomposition process

Edited by Sorrowgrave

... Dude, you said they can't swim. Stop whining about them getting to the boat, because if they can't swim, they ain't getting to it.

It is at a dock. I am pretty sure I mentioned that. So yes it DOES matter.

I actually said Say you have a fully fueled boat on the peir. Fully stocked with supplies and there is nothing wrong with the boat BUT the front of the peir is a zombie party. You could swim but for the sake of quiet you use the scubagear, swim under water where you won't create so much noise, as quietly as possible get on the boat, start it and leave.

Edited by crazywargod

true true , but what if a zombie has good sense of smell? even if they can not swim...decaying bodies because of gases inside them can float if their not far enough in the decomposition process

In that case, depends if they're smart enough or not.

It is at a dock. I am pretty sure I mentioned that. So yes it DOES matter.

Capitalizing words for emphasis is just irritating.

If it were at the dock, then I'm pretty sure someone in that situation would walk over to that dock and get in the boat, rather than making things complicated and swimming.

Edit:

Never mind... Didn't see that post.

Edited by Qwackie

Capitalizing words for emphasis is just irritating.

If it were at the dock, then I'm pretty sure someone in that situation would walk over to that dock and get in the boat, rather than making things complicated and swimming.

Edit:

Never mind... Didn't see that post.

It is what I do. How else do you emphasise something?

Exactly. The scuba part was ruled impractical though.

Noise. Under water is quieter then above.

Actually, noise travels further and faster underwater.

Actually, noise travels further and faster underwater.

Can you above water hear someone swimming under it? Not normally no. So my point stands.

Can you above water hear someone swimming under it? Not normally no. So my point stands.

Which is a markedly different point to what you said earlier. Please be more specific - your point does not stand because it was scientifically inaccurate. However what you say in this quoted post is more accurate - it is difficult, even close to the water's free surface, to hear what is going on even just below the free surface.

Which is a markedly different point to what you said earlier. Please be more specific - your point does not stand because it was scientifically inaccurate. However what you say in this quoted post is more accurate - it is difficult, even close to the water's free surface, to hear what is going on even just below the free surface.

Kestra if the zombies are on the docks and I am saying it would be quieter underwater shouldn't you put two and two together. My point stands.

I think you can be fairly quiet just swimming on top of the water if you didn't splash about. The sound of the waves alone could drown out any noise you make swimming above the water, even in a lake.

Can zombies swim underwater? Do they breathe? I'd imagine if they could swim and don't need oxygen, you'd be royally screwed even with scuba gear.

I think you can be fairly quiet just swimming on top of the water if you didn't splash about. The sound of the waves alone could drown out any noise you make swimming above the water, even in a lake.

Can zombies swim underwater? Do they breathe? I'd imagine if they could swim and don't need oxygen, you'd be royally screwed even with scuba gear.

Yes you can but better safe then sorry.

No they can't. They lack the correct brain function to know to swim. Only the dead kind would not need oxygen but they are the least likely to swim.

What about Reg Shoe? laugh.gif

(People who don't know Discworld, google him!)

Reg Shoe wouldn't bite us.

What's to say that they lack to "correct brain function" to swim? All it needs is a bit of coordination and the urge to stay near the surface.

I bet that zombies could walk on the bottom of the sea, like they did in Pirates of the Carrib-whatsit; they don't need to breathe, and everyone knows they can walk. So maybe boats, swimming or living on an island isn't enough.

Ruins has a point... I would go to the moon... A zombie can't pilot a spaceship... Can they?

No, but can YOU?

Can you make entire civilisations from a barren and dusty land with no atmosphere, get enough food to survive for years or until you can build a biodome to grow your own? Could you pursuade the people who could to go with you/ to let you go with them?

We don't even have a rocket capable of going to the Moon anymore...