XLaurentX

Zombies

because there are two types of sharp swords.

Real ones, have ray skin hilts, and tempered blades, and go for anywhere from 500-2000 USD. I know this because I've been lurking the catalogues that sell the real ones with the assistance of my sword instructor. Who owns a real sword and knows what to look for.

Cheap ones are about 100 USD, and have paper tape over plastic hilts, the balance is off, you can't cut bamboo with them because if you do, the blade gets deformed and then you can whip it around and it flops like paper, the blade isn't tempered, just sharpened, and had acid etching put over it, weakening the blade but making it look tempered.

Yours converts to approximately 178 USD, which is why I'm mildly skeptical. A cheap sharp sword may be sharp, but I would not count on one in a zombie attack.

I have one laying around my house.

1)No clue if it is real

2)Made entirely of metal

3)Dulled so it would need sharpening

4)No clue on cost as it was bought by my dad who passed away

I doubt it is real because it looks more like it was made for decoration but I could probably get a couple kills of it.

I also have a dagger around. Also more of a decoration but is a real dagger. It is very sharp, I cut multiple things with it ranging from paper to thick plastic. Also bought by my dad.

I have a pretty big collection of reasonably strong shortish spades, I'm sure I could make good use of, until I could find a better weapon that is.

I've got to learn how to use a gun...

Requires practise, I'm afraid. I suggest starting off by going painballing biggrin.gif. Or, y'know, joining a gun club and having a pop out on the range.

Of course I learnt by shooting rabbits with an air rifle when I was about 8 on a family friends small holding, but that's besides the point. Upgraded to the bigger ones when I was 14 and went to work at weekends for a company that toured the gun shows in the UK. Must have been the only young teenager that could strip and reassemble an SA80 at speed. Ahhhh, good times.....

Requires practise, I'm afraid. I suggest starting off by going painballing biggrin.gif. Or, y'know, joining a gun club and having a pop out on the range.

Of course I learnt by shooting rabbits with an air rifle when I was about 8 on a family friends small holding, but that's besides the point. Upgraded to the bigger ones when I was 14 and went to work at weekends for a company that toured the gun shows in the UK. Must have been the only young teenager that could strip and reassemble an SA80 at speed. Ahhhh, good times.....

I am not sure it would be good for it but replacing the paintballs in a paintball gun with metal ones might be a limited but effective escape tool.

Does anybody else wish they could shoot a cannon ball into a group of zombies? I know I do xd.png

Requires practise, I'm afraid. I suggest starting off by going painballing

Pun or typo? You decide.

Pun or typo? You decide.

I confess it was a typo.... but it reads well all the same! wink.gif

Paintballing is great fun, and good training. I know the military do use it over here, because it's the best way of teaching people that getting shot *hurts*, and is something you want to avoid.

My left foot.

a printer? dam im screwed >_< short-ranged easy can break ooo i know ill use it to print amusing pictures of cats for them xd.png lol but seriously i got a couple knifes and a rusty matchete

I'd suggest /not/ starting with paintballing. Paintball guns don't acurately give any sort of feel for shooting. If you want to learn to shoot, go to the local sports store and buy a BB gun. Practice with that, then move on to a pellet style gun. From there you can go to any number of real guns.

Paintball guns don't have sites, and the hardest part about shooting, well one of the hardest parts, is learning to aim. Also, the kick on my BB gun is bigger than the kick on my .22.

still a printer but i wish i and a knife with sharp teeth on it so useful

Actually a knife with no teeth is better then one with teeth.

i need to up my wepon case i only got a couple of kithen knifes and a sling shot a realy big 1

isnt a knife with teeth rip more? able to dismember more easy right?

Edited by alaster

i need to up my wepon case i only got a couple of kithen knifes and a sling shot a realy big 1

isnt a knife with teeth rip more? able to dismember more easy right?

No because it can easily get stuck and if you are in a zombie fight you do NOT want it to got stuck.

so a smooth blade will get ya in and out of it quickly

It has a very less likely chance to get stuck.

Very simply, you don't want the zombies close enough to actually have to use a melee weapon. You want them dead (possibly again) before they're in range of you.

Therefore, bring a crowbar AND a gun or two with lots of spare ammo.

user posted image

Will this do for reducing the need for melee weapons?

Actually, screw that. Use this:

user posted image

Edited by Kestra15

Actually, screw that. Use this:

user posted image

Does it exist and where can I get one xd.png

I'd suggest /not/ starting with paintballing. Paintball guns don't acurately give any sort of feel for shooting. If you want to learn to shoot, go to the local sports store and buy a BB gun. Practice with that, then move on to a pellet style gun. From there you can go to any number of real guns.

Paintball guns don't have sites, and the hardest part about shooting, well one of the hardest parts, is learning to aim. Also, the kick on my BB gun is bigger than the kick on my .22.

May I start slow?

I've got a very large german shepherd who is chewing on a fork. cool.gif

I got one better. I got one average jack-russell terrier next to me. tongue.gif

In a zombie attack though any animal would be a bad idea.