XLaurentX

Zombies

I think I've gotten over zombies. While fun to plan for a possible attack, realistically it'll never happen.

Hey, there's always the chance of some kind of illness, similar to rabies in animals, that could cause people to become violent. Not nessisarily having serious cravings to nom on brains. And in the past, we've seen how fast a virus can spread. "You might have it already and not even know" could be the end of us all. xP

Well, my friends and I have our own zombie survival plan.

Location: My house. There's a whole storage room full of preserved food, enough to last us for months (and that's AFTER our stockpiled food runs out - we plan on loading up on more food before the zombies get here). We have another room full of guns. And in the shed, there are plenty of tools and boards to barricade the house with. Not to mention the roof's high enough so the zombies can't get up there. It's the perfect place to shoot at them.

The plan: We've already started our training by playing zombie attack simulations. Some of us have read the Zombie Survival Guide, and I've encouraged the rest to do so. At least one person will keep watch at all times (probably more than one so we can watch more than one side of the house at once). If anyone is bitten, we shoot them. We'll only use the car in an emergency, like if we run out of food. (and we'll stock up on gas beforehand.) If we have enough time before the zombies get there, we'll use explosives to blow a trench around the house.

Hey, there's always the chance of some kind of illness, similar to rabies in animals, that could cause people to become violent. Not nessisarily having serious cravings to nom on brains. And in the past, we've seen how fast a virus can spread. "You might have it already and not even know" could be the end of us all. xP

Yeah, but for such a virus to spread so rapidly it would realistically have to be spread not just via bodily fluids but some other medium such as water, air, etc. meaning that unless you have immunity you're screwed.

Zombie 5K do want.

Yeah, but for such a virus to spread so rapidly it would realistically have to be spread not just via bodily fluids but some other medium such as water, air, etc. meaning that unless you have immunity you're screwed.

Zombie 5K do want.

Theoretically the exponential rate of infection could happen quite rapidly bite to bite. A sick person is taken to the hospital, deathly ill. Surrounded by family and friends, nurses and doctors, they suddenly become violent and start biting and clawing at anything that moves. Those attacked would be taken for observation, and the process repeats itself until it spreads past the hospital, into the general public. One person infects x number, each x infects y number, each y number infects z number, etc. Exponential spread could happen pretty rapidly. Maybe not worldwide, but in a specific area like my small city it could.

I figured that my old highschool was as good a place as any (was an old military hospital or somesuch). I'd hole up in the attic and barricade all the lower levels with desks, chairs, etc. Do some farming on the balconies/roof.

i use to play a fun game named plants.vs.zombies....a wicked game wink.gif

Epic game. I just got it again.

I figured that my old highschool was as good a place as any (was an old military hospital or somesuch). I'd hole up in the attic and barricade all the lower levels with desks, chairs, etc. Do some farming on the balconies/roof.

I'm still sticking to me plan of a medieval moated castle. Specificaly this one. It even has it's own well! And plenty of green in the middle to grow stuff.

I'm still sticking to me plan of a medieval moated castle. Specificaly this one. It even has it's own well! And plenty of green in the middle to grow stuff.

We murricuns dun really have a lot of old castles to use :<

We murricuns dun really have a lot of old castles to use :<

I'll come and collect you once it's calmed down from the initial infection. I've had a few flying lessons.... biggrin.gif

Need an extra sniper?

Need an extra sniper?

The more the merrier! 'Specialy with you medical knowledge. I'm more agricultural in that sense...

The more the merrier! 'Specialy with you medical knowledge. I'm more agricultural in that sense...

Excellent. I come with a pharmacist who actually knows how to work a lab, so she can create an antidote for us.

Need an extra sniper?

definitely.....ill aim at the zombies ding dong laugh.gif

Edited by gad786

user posted image

Yes. This will be good practice. If I survive without being scared witless, I'll consider myself ready for a zombie take over. Mind you, it'll be nothing like the real deal. But, I'm already stockpiling ideas etc. I know for a fact that I'm going to find a place to fortify, and hide. That way I don't have to deal with annoying looters. IDEA! One of them candy stores in a mall. Though, I'll have to trick all the zombies out of the mall... Maybe not such a good idea...

Excellent. I come with a pharmacist who actually knows how to work a lab, so she can create an antidote for us.

Well you know where we plan on going now wink.gif I'm sure Bodiam has plenty of space we can make work for all of us. I know they've some rooms that are properly in use as teaching rooms, so at first we wouldn't even have to do any rebuilding!

user posted image

Yes. This will be good practice. If I survive without being scared witless, I'll consider myself ready for a zombie take over. Mind you, it'll be nothing like the real deal. But, I'm already stockpiling ideas etc. I know for a fact that I'm going to find a place to fortify, and hide. That way I don't have to deal with annoying looters. IDEA! One of them candy stores in a mall. Though, I'll have to trick all the zombies out of the mall... Maybe not such a good idea...

Yeah, it sounds like you've never seen Dawn of the Dead.

>.> Not at all. But, I figure that if I plan for the worst (quick moving zombies) I'll be prepared for all.

Ah! Them! That's why I'm extra careful to choose a place where zombies are numerous. That way they're less likely to come. And then I become twice as careful to make sure that I hide myself from the zombies... I'll have something worked out soon enough.