Delphine

Stop BSL Lineage

Oh yes the terrea dragons are very much like the grate danes and mastifs. I'll add them to the list.

Excellent. In that case, allow me to introduce Gentle Giant Rufus BSL Mastiff and Gentle Giant Daphne BSL Dane, named after two of my favorite students. As soon as I have some scroll room I'm going to catch some more Terraes and name them all after Giant breed students of mine. I think I want to make this my main project here, since I have a special fondness for Giant breeds and I don't think there's a single one in the world that didn't make the list. Even legitimately potetntially dangerous breeds like Filas have some real sweethearts in the breed and are just fine as long as they're with people who have experiance with the breed and know how to work around their instincts.

I got a gen 2 Spitfire by breeding a Spitfire (male) & Electric (female). Both are incorrectly named, but the offspring will be BSL named.

EDIT: I was going to question why Magma dragons weren't included in the list of eligible breeds, but realized that their description says nothing about them being "dangerous" and they really don't have a dog-like appearance (at least not that I can see). I guess with the connection to volcanoes they just seemed to have an innate air of danger to them.

Edited by beachbeagle

Currently, I'm playing around w/ some images for banners. My CB spitfire has gendered female and has been named Aqua BSL Akita Takoi. I intend to breed her with Aqua Falis, a CB hellfire. I'm also going to try Aqua Mti (a CB terrae female) and Aqua Stormo (a CB grey male). I will be unlocked tomorrow night if anyone wants an egg out of any of my 3 pairs of BSL dragons.

Ya excited, my baby hatched and is now named BSL Pitbull Love. I am going to get a few for Dobbies as well and perhaps more Pit Bull dragons because I want Hope and Guardian as well.

I got a Thunder hatchie too! I think I have a good name for it...

I'll be getting them registered here, as soon as I name them.

BSL Stormy Labrador 5E grew up today. He doesn't have a mate yet, so I can't breed him. However, I've added a grey egg from Grey (male) x Magi (female) CBs. Both parents incorrectly named, same as my spitfire egg.

I'm probably going to do an even gen breeding thing with these. I'll try to see about pairing Gen 2s with parents who aren't BSL named with those who have parents/a parent that have BSL names. That way every 3rd gen traces back to at least one BSL named grandparent.

EDIT: My comment about the Magma's was either confusing, overlooked, or ignored (thought I'm not going to jump to any conclusions about which). I personally see them as being sort of innately dangerous because of their connection to volcanoes..... there's nothing in the description, so there's room for argument. However, it could be argued that assumptions are being made about those dragons based on similar dragons and their habitats, just like assumptions are being made about the dogs being banned through BSL.

Edited by beachbeagle

O.O

This has shocked and horrified me in many ways..

Pit Bulls aren't dangerous at all. It's the people who train them to fight, which is the main reason that they are hated. And the other dogs.. When I was about 5-6 I remember having an Alaskan Malamute(on the list). She was so nice I would try to ride her and she didn't attack or bite or anything. (RIP Nikki) Once again, it isn't the dogs who are naturally mean, it's the people who own them and neglect them. I have been an animal lover all my life and this is.. This is just outrageous..

5. ALASKAN MALAMUTE

34. DOBERMAN PINSCHER

39. ESKIMO DOG

42. FOX TERRIER

44. GERMAN SHEPHERD DOG <3

45. GOLDEN RETRIEVER

46. GREENLAND HUSKY

47. GREAT DANE

55. LABRADOR RETRIEVER

66. SAINT BERNARD

69. SIBERIAN HUSKY <3

The dogs on the list that I just adore. This doesn't make sense: The two breeds of dogs that are known for their kindness and ability to learn are on this list, the lab and golden retriever.. If the government goes through with this whole thing, I will personally go on a riot because these animals don't deserve to die because of people neglecting their pets.

I would be more than happy to join and make some sprites to support it.

-drops my new lineage plans and gets dragons for this-

A few hours later...

-couldn't wait-

Lulz. Here:

user posted image

[URL=http://forums.dragcave.net/index.php?&act=ST&f=29&t=101680][IMG=http://i985.photobucket.com/albums/ae339/MaxximumRide/PitbullSprite.gif][/URL]

Edited by Everyone

@beachbeagle: I was just thinking on it, since you did mention that I will think on it a little more. I don't know if they are thought of to be agressive because I never thought they were, I always saw them as friendly guys. I'll consider it a little longer and maybe see if anyone else agrees before putting them on the list.

@Everyone: OMG, that is the cutes, sweetest sprite ever and works so perfectly. Adding you to the list and putting our first banner on the front page yay. It's so perfect because this lineage is about the dogs, not the dragons and that banners just spelled it all out.

Edited by Delphine

being owner of a Dogo Argentino (Floyd), a Pitbull (Nelson) and a Rottweiler (Pancho)- I HAVE to join <3 I live in Germany but we have lists here too... our listed breeds are known as "Kampfhund" which means fight-dog in english. I hate it so much, especially the comments ppl leave, not knowing ONE single bit about the breeds or-my boys... The animal-rights law where I live forbids one to kill healthy dogs, also the listed ones but wanting to own one has become so difficult.... I had to do 2 tests with my pit and the dogo *rottweiler aren't sitting on any list where I live, maybe cuz the breed comes from the "state" I live in^^*

The Golden and the Labby btw are on those lists due to a genetic defect being caused by inbreeding *or the non-selective mass-breeding, I don't exactly know*.Cocker-Wut is the german expression for it Retriever Rage or something like this you could translate it, it used to affect cocker spaniels a lot when they were so popular. Now Goldies and Labbies carry this burdon sad.gif

Okies, nuff small-talk, haha =) I have a pair of CB's of every dragon-breed but metallics^

Edited by cottondragon

I think a lot of people in the US don't realize that laws like this are all over. I noticed they have lists in Canada, Germany, England, and I beleive the Netherlands as well.

Edit: This is also scary to me because my dream is to recuse a pit bull but I also may have to move to Germany one of these days due to my job. I would hate to have to give a pit I rescued to a diffrent home or have ti run through so many tests just so it can stay with me. I already have a pit in mind as well, a little 2 year old girl at a shelter I use to work at named Lily. Such a pretty girl but such a sad story. If I can convince my family that she will not eat the little dog and cats I can get her. ^-^

Edited by Delphine

Netherlands are TERRIBLE, they conviscate your dog, if it just LOOKS like a pit... no matter if you are just travelling the country or live there. conviscate and kill. similar in france. one of the only countries that don't have lists up to now are swizerland and austria. germany is still in the green zone with list dogs, but it is getting a world-wide issue, such a shame sad.gif

Netherlands are TERRIBLE, they conviscate your dog, if it just LOOKS like a pit... no matter if you are just travelling the country or live there. conviscate and kill. similar in france. one of the only countries that don't have lists up to now are swizerland and austria. germany is still in the green zone with list dogs, but it is getting a world-wide issue, such a shame sad.gif

ohmy.gif that is horible, it's so sad all those innocent dogs. Yup I am not going to the Nertherlands with any of my pups, I would never want to risk them like that.

it is sad.gif the animal-rights organization I work in has started to give big bits of TRUE information about our listed breeds to the public, trying to make ppl aware of the breeds and how lovely they are. we always have at least one of germany's listed breeds along with us, if we do these information-missions so ppl actually can touch them and take a close look. it is so important, that a big mass of people just get to know the truth about the breeds... this is the issue, that needs to get achieved: propper, true information, no horror-stories but also no neglecting facts like e.g. rottweilers are breed for protecting matters, so are dobermann-pinschers and their level of tolerance for pain or provocation is less than the level a pitbull e.g. has. difficult, sad and frustration issue =(

it is sad.gif the animal-rights organization I work in has started to give big bits of TRUE information about our listed breeds to the public, trying to make ppl aware of the breeds and how lovely they are. we always have at least one of germany's listed breeds along with us, if we do these information-missions so ppl actually can touch them and take a close look. it is so important, that a big mass of people just get to know the truth about the breeds... this is the issue, that needs to get achieved: propper, true information, no horror-stories but also no neglecting facts like e.g. rottweilers are breed for protecting matters, so are dobermann-pinschers and their level of tolerance for pain or provocation is less than the level a pitbull e.g. has. difficult, sad and frustration issue =(

Oh I am so happy you do that, then hopefully Germany will one day drop the list all together. I hope America can achieve that as well. I was this year going to go to my local schools with a vet and my old shelter manager teaching them about these dogs who are said to be 'dangerous' we were going to take my Doberman Jazz who was a well trained agility, obedience, and even a therapy dog with us so kids could see her, pet her, and even have her do tricks for them and a small show of her agility and therapy dog skills. It would have helped them understand that these dogs are not just used for attack dogs but can learn to do anything however unfortunately my Doberman passed away of cancer back in April. It was hard to lose her and now we can not give out lectures until the vet we were working with can get his puppy Simone trained in a little better. He is a two year old German Shepard and he is learning to do obedience and act as his wife’s therapy dog. He also has a friend who has trained assistant dogs and they had a pit bull go through the program who is now paired up with a man who is stuck in a wheel chair. We want to see if he can bring his dog along to show pit bulls are not fighting dogs, they can do so much more than simply fight if they are in the right hands. We also want to make a video on Jazz to show at the end since she was the reason I was inspired to do this. I owned her during the time I found out about BSL and I started this to protect her and other dogs like her. She was my major inspiration and for it I feel she should still be credited even if she is no longer with us.

user posted image

[URL=http://forums.dragcave.net/index.php?showtopic=101680&st=0][IMG=http://i56.tinypic.com/16950dt.jpg][/URL]

Hope I did that right...just a different banner. I was going to make them with several breeds in the lineage using the same font as the DC logo and one using my paw print GIMPressionist brush, but it's not turning out the way I envisioned.

The humane society I worked for will at least adopt potentially aggressive breeds out (some put them down without question), but you must live in their jurisdiction, own your own property and pass a background check. They aren't even banned where I live. I also used to show dogs, and there was one woman I met who had AmStaffs and the only way she could convince people they weren't aggressive dogs was to get a CGC certificate for all of them. The dogs passed easily, but it sickens me that they HAD to have it or else.

Well, I finally got a Cb egg to officially join with! It's a spitfire, and I have a couple of names in mind for when it hatches.

I wish I could find a CB (or even just a purebred) black, then I'd influence it female and name it after my current schutzhund prospect, a pure black German Shepherd pup smile.gif

Every time I think about BSL it makes me sad and frustrated. It's great to have this lineage so that the truth about these ignorant laws can be spread to more people.

Thanks Delphine ^.^ worked hard on it, glad ya like it. Picked up 2 cb storms and I have a hatchling that will grow up today if it hasn't already. All gonna be a part of the lineage.

EDIT: BSL Doberman Ty has joined our ranks, named after my cousin's Doberman who recently passed away :'( she was the sweetest dog you could ever meet, and like some others have said about dobermans, she loved to lean and was like a giant lap dog.

Edited by Everyone

user posted image

[URL=http://forums.dragcave.net/index.php?showtopic=101680&st=0][IMG=http://i56.tinypic.com/16950dt.jpg][/URL]

Hope I did that right...just a different banner. I was going to make them with several breeds in the lineage using the same font as the DC logo and one using my paw print GIMPressionist brush, but it's not turning out the way I envisioned.

The humane society I worked for will at least adopt potentially aggressive breeds out (some put them down without question), but you must live in their jurisdiction, own your own property and pass a background check. They aren't even banned where I live. I also used to show dogs, and there was one woman I met who had AmStaffs and the only way she could convince people they weren't aggressive dogs was to get a CGC certificate for all of them. The dogs passed easily, but it sickens me that they HAD to have it or else.

Oh yay another banner, I'll add it to the front page ^-^

Picked up a CB red today laugh.gif that will end up as another Pitty for my pack and my Storm hatched so I'll have a couple more to add soon.

The banners look awesome. *goes to clear room in the siggy*

I wish I could find a CB (or even just a purebred) black, then I'd influence it female and name it after my current schutzhund prospect, a pure black German Shepherd pup smile.gif

I may be able to breed a PB black for you, but I'd have to hatch it on my scroll because I actually need an alt from my PB pair. My PB black pair breeds 4th even gen PBs and I'm not sure if I have ny other PB pairs yet. :3 PM me and maybe we can work out something. happy.gif

Named my little spitfire.... probably shouldn't have. It was influenced male, though, so it should be fine.

BSL Lucky the Rottweiler 5E

Named for the dog of my sister's former neighbor. He was a rottie and was an absolute sweetie. happy.gif Definitely not the kind you see in the movies.

Edited by beachbeagle

I've heard and am not surprised about the pit bulls-- many places in the US label them lethal weapons, I had a sergeant who poured her money into a Texas ranch specifically designed as a permanent shelter for all the pit bulls people couldn't keep (for whatever reason) or found stray. She couldn't do anything about the ones the pounds already had, but she had licenses to keep all the ones people brought to her.

Who in their right mind would kill a German shepherd, a retriever, or a husky? Those are well known as the safest dogs to have around children, almost every family with a dog at all has one... I mean, Christ, a husky and a malamute are pretty much the same dog, we had a malamute, and sure they kill small animals and birds... but you put one of those dogs in the same room as a human infant, and they're more careful and loving with that child than half the parents in this country. mad.gif

I've heard and am not surprised about the pit bulls-- many places in the US label them lethal weapons, I had a sergeant who poured her money into a Texas ranch specifically designed as a permanent shelter for all the pit bulls people couldn't keep (for whatever reason) or found stray. She couldn't do anything about the ones the pounds already had, but she had licenses to keep all the ones people brought to her.

Who in their right mind would kill a German shepherd, a retriever, or a husky? Those are well known as the safest dogs to have around children, almost every family with a dog at all has one... I mean, Christ, a husky and a malamute are pretty much the same dog, we had a malamute, and sure they kill small animals and birds... but you put one of those dogs in the same room as a human infant, and they're more careful and loving with that child than half the parents in this country. mad.gif

Yeah. It's really wrong. Hence this lineage to raise the awareness, at least here on the forums.

On another note. Named my second storm. Again, named for the gendered I influenced. Probably should have waited again, but oh well. Also, I seem to be following suit with others and naming some of mine for dogs I know/knew who are/were breeds on the list.

BSL Sadie the Labrador

RIP Sadie. She was the lab of my sister's best friend. Died naturally this past year.

Wow I never knew about this law till now, that is very sad considering its not the dogs who should be punished but the owners who do the things they do with a lot of those breed's.

I use to own a little pit bull and there very good dogs with a bad reputation because of owners sad.gif

When I get unlocked if there is room I would love to join this, if I can not I do not mind being put on a waiting list to join.