Delphine

Stop BSL Lineage

I just locked myself last night, but I have been having a lot of luck (*knocks wood*) with getting spitfires out of my hellfire/spitfire pairs. 1 pair has both misnamed parents, 1 has 1 properly named parent - I need any hellfires, but if they are spitfires I'd be happy to gift them when I breed on Wednesday.

I just locked myself last night, but I have been having a lot of luck (*knocks wood*) with getting spitfires out of my hellfire/spitfire pairs. 1 pair has both misnamed parents, 1 has 1 properly named parent - I need any hellfires, but if they are spitfires I'd be happy to gift them when I breed on Wednesday.

Are they both CB pairs? I'm trying to do an even-gen project (though with far less of a pattern than the even-gen project of Tamahaganae) and I could use some more gen 2s. Especially ones with at least one properly named parent, because I want all gen 3s to have at least one properly named grandparent.

If they are, I would like a spitfire from the pair with the 1 properly named parents if one becomes available.

I would like to join, but I don't have any eligible dragons with the right names at the moment.

Can I bookmark this page, though, and tell you later if I get some?

This is awful. I mean, I am a little wary of pitbulls (personal prejudice, if you will), but this sort of thing still should not be happening!

And huskies are awesome! D=

Indeed you can do that Thorn.

I wish there were more people out there that cared and knew how to train their pits and other bully breeds... most of the pit bull attacks are the owner's fault, either from not socializing them.. or letting them run free in the neighborhoods.. once they get into a pack mentality, they kinda start to act like a gang and feel they need to defend their turf... no one should ever let their dogs run around the neighborhood off leash and unguarded.. i heard a couple stories about people doing this.. boggles my mind...

i almost got attacked by two pits the other week. the neighbors across the street from me had left their dogs outside on the front lawn unleashed. I came out of my house, and they both jumped up and charged at me, growling and barking quite viciously, i was scared out of my mind.. they ran across the street towards me, and up my driveway and almost reached my front porch when the guy came out of the house and yelled at them, and they immediately stopped and went to him.. I just kinda stood there.. dumbfounded for a few seconds.. and thankful that they listened to him when it really mattered.

I myself own a German Shepherd named Camille.. but I hope one day to own a Doberman, they are so beautiful..

user posted image

Edited by ghrowl

While I wait for my latest BSL egg to hatch (a grey, which I have influenced male and will hopefully get to name Aqua BSL Malamute Lobo, named for my co-worker's wolf/malamute hybrid), may I suggest we add the new ember dragons to the list? They seem to fit the bill as a "dangerous" breed.

I think embers should be added also.

Sorry I haven't posted here in awhile, my dragons aren't being nice and giving me suitable lineage eggs and I'm generally too locked to hunt the cave for CBs. x__X

But I did manage to breed one that I hope is suitable (it's a clean-lined PB black) and I named it accordingly: BSL Mastiff Temeraire

:3

Sign me and my sister Smoke_Thief up for this. This is just rediculous; Goldens are on the list? I had a golden that lived with me for two years, and you couldn't find a more lovable dog. He'd take my shepherd mix for a walk whenever we put a leash on her, and he loved his stuffies; his face'd scrunch up, his eyes got all crinkly and he'd wag from one end to the other. And there's this old golden in my neighborhood that everyone adores; my sister and I keep saying that Taz's owners are gonna need to have a memorial when he passes. Neither one of them would hurt a fly! I hate sterotypes and discrimination, which is exactly what's going on here.

I would love to join being a pit bull owner myself smile.gif

I will add a banner soon as I can organize my signature smile.gif

I have two CB males from the eggs I grabbed. Hopefully they will like the dragons I got them to be mates for. They are.

Terra: BSL Ark the Saint Bernard 5E

Storm: BSL Buddy the Labrador 5E

I also got a gen 2 spitfire egg from aquamarine84. We'll see what happens with that. happy.gif

EDIT: And I'm all for adding the Ember dragons.

Edited by beachbeagle

I dare them to try and take my German Shepherd -_-

I've been looking for this thread for a while and I finally found it XD

Count me in

If its all right I'd like to start an electric lineage with my 2 CB electrics, if its good to go let me know and ill try and breed for an egg [:

Edited by BlazingAces

Finally has room yay

This is a wonderful idea smile.gif

I am all for joining like I stated above and have added the banner biggrin.gif

I'll join when I can get the CBs of those species.

I have 2 dogs, one is Bassett-Beagle (Nana; 4) and the other is pure Bassett (Puky; 2 1/2) and they are the most cutest and most human-like dogs ever. They're not on the list, but I ADORE dogs. I swear, if anyone came to my home, telling me they're illegal and try to take them away, I'd shoot them.

Long live dogs!~ <3

P.S., I'll make a banner when I can for this lineage.

I hate to be off-topic but this relates to it. I've never heard of them trying to ban dogs. I've also never heard of them trying to ban labs. I mean I know pit bulls aren't all that liked cuz of idiots that want to make them fight but a Lab?

some of the meanest dogs I have been in contact with were labs. That is by no means to say they are ALL mean though!

I have to be honest.. I thought I would see tons of rejections for this idea and bully breed bashing. I AM SHOCKED at the support! Most any threads on countless forums have been pro BSL, flooding even anti BSL forums and bully breed breeder websites.

This is a subject that has always been close to my heart, as I was a pitbull breeder for a short time. I found that so many people are so incredibly IGNORANT about some breeds. I had a booth at a pet owner/breeder fair selling along side other breeders (which by the way you had to have all dogs papered out the wazzoo) Mind you I had no banner or sign, and had several people come look at my dams pups and coo and aww at how cute they were.. until they asked what breed they were. WHen I told them they were american pitbull terriers, one person actually DROPPED a pup.

Shortly after I decided to cease breeding. These days I have mixed feelings on breeding. On one hand it is nice to have responsible registered breeders, who do not inbreed etc, at the same time, so many dogs are being over bred, abused, tons of puppy mills. I was a registered breeder but I only bred one pair.. not tons of litters at a time. Too many people are careless with dogs of all breeds.

@kelverathewinged agreed, if you have a good social relationship with your dog (especially bully breeds) you dont need any training for that dog to be protective. A loving, caring, and social environment for your dog is enough. When a dog feels love and protection within your family, he/she considers your family to be their 'pack', and they will be naturally inclined to protect their family.

I dont think that a dog of any breed should be singled out and stereotyped.. My mom raised chihuahuas, and they arent ALL yippy little rats.. I grew up around more fun loving sociable chihuahuas that went to ANYONE for love.

On the same note, my entire family have owned several pit bulls, and pit/rott mixes, mastiffs, german rotties, german sheps.. and every single one of those dogs have been loving, sweet babies.

I have also found in researching BSL and so called 'pit bull attacks', that IF they have a picture of the offending dog, about 75% of the time is not even a pit, or a bully breed at all. In one night I found only 10 out of 54 so called pit attacks on the internet with photos. Two of the dogs were dalmations, 3 were lab mixes, and one german shep mix. The other incidents were pit bulls being pits. One attacked an intruder, one got into a pasture of cattle and had a bull by the nose (which is something the breed was bred to do)

I am by no means saying that reports of pit bull attacks are a myth, so please do not mis understand me. I just think they are hyped up by the media, and they are perpetuating the bully breed stereotypes.. Such as killer pit bulls, and calling Rotties devil dogs.

Now to leave my soap box... I am not currently in a position to be completely active with any breeding, but may be soon. I fully support this cause, and would like to know if I may sport your banner in my sig to hopefully rally others to the cause?

Good luck and keep up the fight for our beloved canine babies!

People have all kinds of breed prejudices. I had a boss once, someone mentioned that they wanted a dalmatian, and he said "They're terrible dogs. I had to have mine killed because it attacked my wife." Slightly paraphrased, but he did use the word "killed" as opposed to "put down." (I don't think dals are actually on the list, but I have heard similar statements from other people, and Australian Cattle Dogs and Louisiana Catahoula Leopard Dogs, which if I'm not mistaken have a lot of dalmatian ancestry, are.)

Now, my family had 2 dalmatians when I was young, and they were some of the sweetest dogs ever. The problem with dals is they need to be mentally stimulated, and will manifest boredom a lot worse than in other breeds.

English Springers are on the list, due to a condition known as "Sudden Rage Syndrome" which is almost exclusive to the breed. It develops later in life, and the dog goes from sweet and obedient to dominant and ultra aggressive. My parents had an English springer that developed this, and one of the people I went to dog shows with had springers, one of which had to be put down because of it. Still, it hits only a small number of them - which is no excuse for banning the breed outright. You can bet, though, that my parents refuse to own another springer.

And then you have the wolf hybrids. This is about the only area I have current experience in, with my co-worker's wolf/malamute cross. Lobo is huge, easily as big as most great danes I've known, but he's so gentle, even with children.

Back to the dragons, anyone who is looking for eggs, PM me, as I have several breeding pairs and do not mind gifting.

And then you have the wolf hybrids. This is about the only area I have current experience in, with my co-worker's wolf/malamute cross. Lobo is huge, easily as big as most great danes I've known, but he's so gentle, even with children.

The problem with wolf hybrids is the fact that not only are they enormous, they're still at least somewhat wild and are NOT truly tame by any means. They can still turn on their masters and that's why people are so afraid of them. wink.gif I do not support the ownership of wolf hybrids unless the owner has experience with them. (No 0ffense to your co-worker, I just don't support it in general, I'm not trying to be mean, this is an opinion. @_@)

Back to the lineage, the BSL-eligible dragons are available to breed in a few days, the spitfire pair can breed tonight. If you want an egg let me know. smile.gif

Point taken, but the same can be said about just about any large, dominant breed of dog. If you aren't an experienced dog owner, you will probably have trouble with those dogs' behavior. Nor should any dog be allowed with children unsupervised - a Pomeranian killed a toddler in my area about 5 years ago.

Also, before I log off for the night, is there any word on adding embers to the list? I'm holding off on naming and mating until I know for sure.

I have a Pit Bull X (not sure what yet) and she is the sweetest. She believes every dog, person, horse, cow, deer, you name it, she sees, is there to see her specifically.

All she wants to do is smell them and then play....well except the human. If it is a child, she will lick them and human, well you get the drift...but mainly she has to smell your hands, and your feet.

If agressed on my other dogs, even smaller than her, she will submit, unless they persist and then she will try to growl/talk back, but usually I get in the way by that time and she is all ready running towards me.

When I brought her home my hubby didn't talk to me for 2 days, because we had little ones and my father in law took a long time to warm up to her. He now loves the fact that we have her and doesn't mind having her in his home. He said she is proof that not all pit bulls are the same. I am glad we were able to change his mind. Actually my mother in laws to.

A woman a few streets over from me has a wolf hybrid. She was told her it was a shepherd of some sort, and then it grew... and grew... and grew. There is no mistaking it for what it is. Even when they realized they'd been misled, they were determined to work with him because there'd be no way to rehome him. He'd just be put down, which would be a shame because he's a really sweet, mellow animal.

For myself... I've never supported BSL because it's just dumb, but now it's personal.

We rescued a 1 yr old pittie x lab mix at the end of August. My next door neighbor has informed me (loudly and violently) that he is getting rid of my dog because a pit mix is "unacceptable". When a gate was left open at my daughter's birthday party, the dog got out. We were right behind him, but not fast enough. My neighbor grabbed my "menace" by the collar and hauled him into his house. I was calling Dex, but with his feet skidding on the wood deck, he couldn't get enough traction to pull free. My neighbor called the police to rage about my dog and how it's always running loose. Fortunatley, the cop was cool and after a few seconds with my dog, realized that the dog my neighbor is discribing doesn't resemble the animal he's dealing with. So he just brought Dexter home. NJ (unless I've missed something) doesn't have BSL, but we are in classes now to get Dexter his Canine Good Citizen Award. NJ law states that, in the event of a bite/attack, it falls to us to prove that he was provoked. Our hope is that, even if my neighbor manages to provoke him, having the award will help protect him. However, I can't imagine anything provoking my marshmellow. Like Dustydragon's pittie, he just wants to be everyone's buddy and he's already won over several people who thought I was insane and he's so careful and good with kids that I'm looking into getting him certified for therapy work.

So, after a long ramble, count me in. If I can, I'll grab some Spitfires before Halloween, if not, I'll start collecting after.

Pit bulls just want to make their owners happy is all, that is what they live and strive for.

This is the reason that most attacks are the owners faults not the dogs sad.gif

I love the name of your dog egwenna...Dexter is one of my fave shows....lol

ps...we figure Milly (our pitty) maybe be part rhodesian ridgeback because of the way her hackles stand from her tail to her head when she is barking, (which she doesn't do often)plus man have asked if she is that mixture.

My Mom is a big fan of the show, too. When he went to check out our guests at 6am in the morning she cracked up - there's a serial killer outside my door....

He was actually named for his serious lack of Dexterity, though. Poor boy seems to have spent most of his life confined inside. So he trips on the stairs all the time, and he was falling over any time he tried to jump.... He's getting better, and stronger, but he's still a bit of a clutz.

There's a Rhodesian x red pittie at the park we go to, nifty little brindle puppy with the tell-tale ridgeback stripe and hackles.

Count me in! Dogs and all other animals should be treated fairly. People just don't understand that aggressive traits in breeds of dogs such as Pit bulls are behaviors that people teach them so they can be used for police dogs, and sadly, dogfights, too. I'll use lots of the dragons I can, and I'll name my new Hellfire egg so it can be a part of this lineage.

Got this as a gift from Kelan (hence the surname xd.png). Because it's a PB black I named it for the lineage. :3

I have a new BSL bred egg today. I'll do more of an update later when I have more time.