Khallayne

All about Approvers! | Closed to Applications |

*pokes Fair Lady and anyone else who thinks they can't PM Khay just cause she's green*

PM her >8l She is still as important to RP as she ever was, and without her help I'd be handling RP alone until the new mod came around. I'm sure none of you would want to do that to me xd.png As things stand, she is still just an RP mod. Just with perks. She still has as much say in who gets approver as before, and will even after the new mod is added. I've put too much love into my partner just to give her up cause she's green ^-^

Edited by Dashidragon

happy.gif Of course! Khallayne is still really a full-time RP Mod, now she's just got some cool perks (and an awesome new color to her name). No new RP Mod could ever replace her! That's not saying they won't do well at their job, of course. wink.gif

I'll make sure to share PMs equally between you two until TJ has time to give me the ability to approve RPs.

Edit: Even then when I have Q's, I won't pour them all on Dash. happy.gif

Edited by LadyNatasha

I feel sad. I've been away from the forums for a really long time, but anyhoo, congrats, Devious! biggrin.gif Khay, make sure you stay around. Or I'll MAKE YOU! tongue.gif

By the way, is it that the approvers have special powers now even though they're in the Members group? I thought approvers were part of the Approvers group. :3

TJ is taking forever in adding them. =) He'll do it with the announcement of the new mods. =)

Oh, whew. I haven't posted here in a while. Congrats to LadyNatasha and Devious Bookworm for becoming approvers! [insert something more personal that I can't think of right now. xd.png ]

Yay, I'll finally be a real approver after... has it been since December? I think that's when I was unofficially officially made an approver. Wow, it's been quite a while!

Congratz to Fair Lady on the upgrade. You probably served the shortest stint ever as an approver before becoming a mod xd.png

Also, my sincerest apologies to the approvers. TJ didn't add you in for some unfathomable reason, but we'll continue to pursue this until you have your proper title.

Sorry for the double post everyone, just need to say if you need to PM anyone about any issues/needing an RP approved the next few days, PM me or Khay, not the new RP mod~

I have q few questions. ^^

Do you have to be an official approver in order to offer critique in roleplays?

Are applications open? I was considering applying.

Also, would a RP sample be an acceptable substitute for starting a literate roleplay on DragonCave?

1. No. Everyone is free to offer critiques as long as they are constructive.

2. Yes, yes they are~

3. Hehehe, we treat those more like guidelines than a real must-have. Actually, we pretty much let anyone apply. I'll talk to Fair Lady and Khay-Khay about editing those a bit~

I did not have a literate roleplay when I took the test; in fact, I'd never even had a roleplay at all (I got my first roleplay, which is literate, approved recently). The thing is, critiquing and roleplaying are quite different. My writing skills themselves aren't that great, but I'm pretty good at picking out grammar errors, and I can help with plot and rewrite things quite well, if it comes to that.

And you lovelies finally got your proper title. Congratz <3

Wait what? Oh, cool. I didn't even notice! Sorry I sent you a PM, Dash.

...Whoa. That feels so weird.

Before I start testing, when counting the two weeks, do you count the time or just the days?

---

Congrats on getting the official title, guys.

We usually count the number of days. :3

Congratulations everyone~ Also Walker... are you -snip-? Or at least you were? Just wanted to check. :3 Edited by SockPuppet Strangler

Congratulations everyone~ Also Walker... are you -snip-? Or at least you were? Just wanted to check. :3

Thanks!

Looks like it; on the first page "Walker" has posts in the guide bit. I didn't even notice until you brought it up. Why the name change, Walker?

Edited by SockPuppet Strangler

I sent in the first test part on the other forum link provided. Do you respond in a personal message on here or on that forum a little bit confused.

Haha, sorry, we meant send the message here in PM <3

Send it to Khay-Khay, me, or Devious~

Just as a note to all Approvers and Approver applicants: while the literacy system has remained an integral part of the RP section for a number of years, the RP Moderators are no longer endorsing it. Please note, however, that we are not condemning it, either. As such, in all future situations, please try not to approve roleplays based upon the perceived standards of literacy described below.

Levels of Literacy:

Thanks to Teslyn and Silvermourn, I have come up with a system to rate RPs.

Illiterate: Everything is incoherent. Lack of proper spelling, horrible grammar, chat speak… Enough said. People who don’t try. If you are on a forum, reading a forum, you shouldn’t be illiterate. There is a lack of rules. The plot is lacking details. There is no thought actually placed in the roleplay. These are roleplays that are mainly created because someone is bored, but doesn’t want to put effort. Everything is a basic cookie cutter of every other roleplay. No illiterate roleplays will be accepted.

Semi-literate: People are making an effort. There are no one liners anymore. Spelling and grammar are being worked on. It doesn’t mean that they are always a hundred percent okay, but hey, it is a work in progress. Details are being added. They have started to master the rules. Usually these roleplays go fast. Pages can be added in a day because they don’t require the higher quality and quantity of Literates+. People know their RP and they know how to portray it, mostly, to the participants.

Literate: The effort has been made, and it has been rewarded. Spelling is correct, grammar is known and applied. Quality is present, and there is depth in the description. You obviously have something in mind, and you are able to communicate it while still presenting your character correctly. Rolesplays have detail, depth, and realism. The creator has an idea in mind, shows it, and brings it to life, while attempting to make sure that it isn’t like every other roleplay out there.

Advanced: They know spelling, structure, rules, everything. If the correct writing structure isn’t used, it is because they are personalizing their style. They have ideas, and show them clearly while being able to create an image with their words. When you read a fully developed advance post, or roleplay, one should be able to almost live it and see it. There is a constant flow of ideas, and the plot isn’t linear, it evolves constantly. Usually advanced roleplays do not depend so much on the creator, but on the participation of all its members.

Edited by Devious_Bookworm

Umm.. I have a question, do we need to be a certain level to sign up? Also, what if we have a RP that is almost approved, and it is set to Literate, could we still sign up?

It's perfectly fine for you to apply. ^.^

So should I PM the sheet to you? Sorry I really nervous xd.png

Edited by orange