Zeekaice

Meat

I know that, but it's a small minority who can't. "About one in 140,000 consumers are sensitive to mycoproteins."* and even then it's mostly just like a stomach bug.

"The Center for Science in the Public Interest claims this may result in 'vomiting, nausea, diarrhea, hives and potentially fatal anaphylactic reactions.' "

That's a little more than a 'stomach bug.'

By 'force meat' do you mean meat that has Jedi-like powers? Because bacon can do that too.

Meat that has Jedi powers sounds a leetle terrifying. ._.

I think forcemeat is basically a mixture of ground meat. I think.

~

And hey, more people who aren't fans of bacon. Nice to meet you. x3

I don't really like salami, either. I do love me some pepperoni, though.

Edited by SockPuppet Strangler

And hey, more people who aren't fans of bacon. Nice to meet you. x3

I don't really like salami, either. I do love me some pepperoni, though.

I'm not fond of bacon, salami, or pepperoni. 8D

I like beef though. C:

Edited by Dauntingale

"The Center for Science in the Public Interest claims this may result in 'vomiting, nausea, diarrhea, hives and potentially fatal anaphylactic reactions.' "

That's a little more than a 'stomach bug.'

well the first three you get from a stomach bug, hives is basically just a rash you can get from an allergy to just about anything, and the point remains that you can also die from allergies to other things, and there's a much higher chance of it.

people only kick up a fuss because it's something new.

EDIT: oh, and just for the record, my gran is that one in 140,000.

Edited by dracocharky

I believe it's okay to eat meat. The unfortunate part is an animal has to be killed or die in order for us to receive it. Well, I'm christian and from what I read or seem to remember about god's view on animals is that they were meant to be consumed by us. This is my own personal belief and many people also seem to believe it as well. Some people won't agree, that's alright.

Well, I'm christian and from what I read or seem to remember about god's view on animals is that they were meant to be consumed by us.

if I remember correctly from my Girls Brigade days, it was originally just fruit until they got kicked out of Eden, then he was just like "ok, nom everything now."

I personally believe it's okay to eat meat simply because eating is part of life, and we are able to eat both meat and vegetables. So, why not? There are carnivorous animals, and they (obviously) only eat meat, so why's it wrong for us to eat meat, but okay for them to? If we have omnivore teeth, then it's obviously natural to eat meat and vegetables.

I agree here, we are omnivores so we are meant to eat it. And whos to say that plants dont have feeling? Did't they show that there was a plant that had all the same nutrition, sunlight and water but when one was talked to gently and the other rudely the latter grew slower and did not get as big?

I love meat anyway, I love my steaks done at a max of medium rare. I love fish, and shrimp and snow crab. But my favorite thing I just recently tried was a dried beef with lemon pepper seasoning on it. It was the best thing EVER! I told my husband to never buy me chocolate again, just get me the lemon pepper beef from The Rust Game Place and Meat Market in New Braunfels, TX.....we live a ways away but I bet they ship...we tried the meat at a boat show.

People always think I'm vegetarian just because I almost never eat meat.

I'm just very picky about it.

I love fish, but not shellfish. Chicken, turkey, duck, ham, steak, and hamburger (deer meat makes nice hamburger, too) is all right, but I really won't touch anything else.

I ate fish for the first time in a couple of years - it was a decent piece as well.

As a lot of people have already posted, we are omnivores. Evolution and nature have equipped us with all the 'tools' necessary to eat a wide variety of stuff, meat included.

It's all down to personal choice/tastes.

My family likes to call me a carnivore. There's a reason for that.

Once we took a fast, since we're Christian, for about 30 days, and guess what my parents decided to take a fast from? Meat. It was tough.

I really like meat, of most kinds. Especially turkey. I don't see any reason not to eat meat. A bunch of people not eating meat is not going to stop the food industry from producing it.

But sometimes going vegetarian is a health choice, or people just don't eat meat because they don't like it.

Some cultures don't allow eating meat but you'd still have to eat eggs if you're mostly herbivore. xd.png Personally I like eating meat and it's good for you. And animals don't literally think. They respond to learned behaviors and instinctive behaviors. tongue.gif

And animals don't literally think. They respond to learned behaviors and instinctive behaviors. tongue.gif

And we don't do that?

I love meat, it's (obviously) full of protein and vitamins that help with muscle growth. I don't see what's wrong with eating meat, most other animals do it. Although i'd prefer Chicken and Fish to steak, I still love it <3

I love meat!

Honestly, that may be primarily due to the fact that I won't eat raw fruit or veggies outside of corn...

Not a vegetarian here. I can go for a few days without it - in fact, I think there's too much meat getting consumed in our family on a regular basis - until I start craving for it.

And animals don't literally think. They respond to learned behaviors and instinctive behaviors

Humans do that, too. Most mammals, by the way, have quite a developed frontal cortex (the evolutionary newest part of the brain, which is responsible for more complex cognitive thought). Humans have just taken it a step further, partially with the development of coherent speech, the mechanisms of which faciliated the heightened ability to reflect and distance one's self from just the "now", plan actions, develop culture etc...

I love meat, it's (obviously) full of protein and vitamins that help with muscle growth. I don't see what's wrong with eating meat, most other animals do it. Although i'd prefer Chicken and Fish to steak, I still love it <3

I just want to point out that vegetables (and beans, soy, grain, nuts, and seeds) are also an excellent source of protein. It's quite easy to get the nutrients you need from a vegetarian or vegan diet. ^^

Edited by SockPuppet Strangler

I just want to point out that vegetables (and beans, soy, grain, nuts, and seeds) are also an excellent source of protein. It's quite easy to get the nutrients you need from a vegetarian or vegan diet. ^^

I do actually eat more Vegetables and Fruit than meat itself, but I still love meat~

If I had to give it just meat up, I'd be sad but fine. The one thing I'd really miss is dairy :<

No can haz my cheese or yogurt!

I'm not sure I want to eat a lot of meat as it is here in the US. They are cutting our USDA workers (800). And well, historically, we've been down this path before. The infamous novel is The Jungle. by Upton Sinclair I believe. It detailed the abuses in the industry and caused a loot of changes. Now we seem to be regressing. Heeby Jeebies! If I can find some local producers I will be happy.

I'm not sure I want to eat a lot of meat as it is here in the US. They are cutting our USDA workers (800). And well, historically, we've been down this path before. The infamous novel is The Jungle. by Upton Sinclair I believe. It detailed the abuses in the industry and caused a loot of changes. Now we seem to be regressing. Heeby Jeebies! If I can find some local producers I will be happy.

I agree here, I read about the 'pink slime' stuff, gross. We are supposed to eat the muscle, not random 'connective tissues'. Whats sad is that hamburger meat like this is sent to schools and some are even taking away a childs packed lunch and making them eat a school lunch saying that the parents choice of food doesnt have enough nutrition. I would take my child out of the school that pulled something like this. Some schools said no to the meat made from this stuff, so thats a plus.

I also do not but hamburger meat from walmart anymore, they buy this stuff. Kroger is known to not buy it and the whole foods market. SO we get our meat from these places and you can tell the difference! Much better quality, less grease, more flavor and just generally cooks better.

I agree here, I read about the 'pink slime' stuff, gross. We are supposed to eat the muscle, not random 'connective tissues'. Whats sad is that hamburger meat like this is sent to schools and some are even taking away a childs packed lunch and making them eat a school lunch saying that the parents choice of food doesnt have enough nutrition. I would take my child out of the school that pulled something like this. Some schools said no to the meat made from this stuff, so thats a plus.

I also do not but hamburger meat from walmart anymore, they buy this stuff. Kroger is known to not buy it and the whole foods market. SO we get our meat from these places and you can tell the difference! Much better quality, less grease, more flavor and just generally cooks better.

british school dinners aren't much better, I'm afraid.

They said that they weren't allowed to put cheese on a jacket potato, but they think Cheese sandwich and Mash is a suitable meal.

I agree here, we are omnivores so we are meant to eat it. And whos to say that plants dont have feeling?

anybody who's cut one up and sees that they lack a neural system.