Zeekaice

Meat

Speaking of eating meat, I just had pigeon for the first time today and it was amazing.

Once I am not living at home with my parents, I might have to start raising pigeons to eat.

Yes, why shouldn't it be eaten? Humans are omnivores; we eat meat and plants. Wolves eat meat. Cats eat meat. Lots of other animals eat meat; why shouldn't humans?

I agree with that, but I heard human body is more suitable for herbivore.

Speaking of eating meat, I just had pigeon for the first time today and it was amazing.

Once I am not living at home with my parents, I might have to start raising pigeons to eat.

Where were you offered pigeon at? o_O I've been to a few places that offer "odd" meats but I don't think I've ever been offered pigeon. EDIT: Although I guess - it might be similar to quail or pheasant or Cornish game hen or partridge or something?

Edited by SockPuppet Strangler

It's not that uncommon here in the UK, a lot of market place stalls and butchers offer it.

Animorph, it would be much cheaper and easier just to purchase from fresh-meat stalls than to raise from what I've heard.

I heard human body is more suitable for herbivore.

Untrue; the features that distinguish herbivores from carnivores/omnivores are rudimentary in humans. We are built slightly closer to pure carnivores than pure herbivores. rolleyes.gif

Untrue; the features that distinguish herbivores from carnivores/omnivores are rudimentary in humans. We are built slightly closer to pure carnivores than pure herbivores. rolleyes.gif

You beat me to it.

I personally eat whatever I feel like eating, but my take on having a healthy lifestyle is exercise. Jogging every morning and weekly visits to the gym for an intensive three hour workout session.

Where were you offered pigeon at? o_O I've been to a few places that offer "odd" meats but I don't think I've ever been offered pigeon. EDIT: Although I guess - it might be similar to quail or pheasant or Cornish game hen or partridge or something?

It's a staple of fancy Chinese cuisine. It taste kinda like duck, except for how much more expensive it is.

Keep in mind that it is often called squab, not necessarily pigeon. Likely because of the stigma pigeons have. I haven't seen it offered myself, but I am an avid Chopped watcher, and they sometimes have it on there.

I actually bought a frozen one at an Asian market. It was under the name 'squab'. And it is a bit duck-ish in how dark and rich it is, but its taste is pretty different.

Ahh, thanks all! I guess I was thinking of squab as a variety of birds like pigeon so it didn't cross my mind. o3o

I don't eat meat, or use anything with animal products in it...by choice, a personal choice.

I'd eat anything that doesn't look like a vegetable. ... Unless it's candy. Then I'd definitely eat it laugh.gif

I'm a vegetarian, and I have been for 3 years. Honestly, I believe this is an impressive fact, considering I am a 14 year old who stopping eating meat by choice. My parents do eat meat, so sometimes that makes the dinner table a hard place to be, but I don't find it very hard anymore.

There are many reasons why I don't eat meat. I've even considered becoming vegan. It's not completely for moral reasons, although that is a big factor in my diet. I simply don't like the taste, smell, or even texture. It's just vile to me.

As for the moral reasons, I simply don't like the thought of eating something that was once living and had its own thoughts. I know it sounds silly, but it just seems unfair to me. Knowing that what I am digesting used to be alive sickens me.

As for the moral reasons, I simply don't like the thought of eating something that was once living and had its own thoughts. I know it sounds silly, but it just seems unfair to me. Knowing that what I am digesting used to be alive sickens me.

Plants are just as alive as us. I believe Shiny has claimed that they can also feel pain as well. Though I'm not sure how to confirm that but she's well known to have interesting facts and can back them up.

Anyways, I've tried cutting down on meat but it turns out that my body prefers running on it more than plants. After only 3 days of not eating meat (long story, but it mainly had to do with saving money and getting healthy, or so I thought), my body turned weak and shaky and after giving in and eating a good steak, my energy spiked back up and I no longer felt ill. My body just prefers the proteins in animals rather than plants. Everyone is different.

I've been a vegetarian my whole life simply because I don't like meat. Even when I was a toddler, the only kind of meat I would eat where chicken nuggets or fish sticks. And I stopped eating that before I was four. I don't really remember what it tastes like and I've never even eaten beef or pork.

It's just not for me. I have no interest in eating. But I have no problem with people who do. It's their choice.

I've been a vegetarian my whole life simply because I don't like meat. Even when I was a toddler, the only kind of meat I would eat where chicken nuggets or fish sticks. And I stopped eating that before I was four. I don't really remember what it tastes like and I've never even eaten beef or pork.

It's just not for me. I have no interest in eating. But I have no problem with people who do. It's their choice.

Well,I am also vegetarian.

Where I live we eat crickets!

(Yes,it's odd)

Well,I am also vegetarian.

Where I live we eat crickets!

(Yes,it's odd)

Bugs have great protein. I work at a family petstore and we use to sell roaches when we ran out of crickets because they were an excellent source of protein. I hated them! So glad we got rid of them because there was a "slight" breeding problem dry.gif

i find it to be a personal choice

i eat meat because otherwise i would have no sort of balanced diet since my nutrition is poor as it is

im always anemic since i have a low intake of some of the natural fruits and veggies i need and i need red meat to get more iron in my diet so i can actually have blood to pump through my veins

but again

personal choice

I love my veggies! But I do eat meat, I refuse to eat some things, I will not eat coconut, unless it is coconut milk in a yummy coconut curry dish, I will not eat pineapple, I will never eat liver, gizzards or brains or anything like that so hot dogs are not on my plate. You will never see me eat an egg unless it is used in something like a cake mix, cookies or something like that, french toast must not have any egg residue on it or I will not go near it, I seldom ever eat any fried foods dipped in egg, butter milk is much better of a choice for me.

I do not care if someone chooses not to eat meat, that is fine, I do not have to eat meat every day myself. All I ask is that they do not rub it into my face that they don't eat meat and tell me why I shouldn't eat it, And in return I will not eat a big ole bacon cheese burger loaded with pickles in front of them smile.gif

We are omnivores which means we can eat both veggies and meat. Animals feel pain, plants feel pain. If you don't want to eat something that was once alive, eat rocks. Rocks can't feel pain. Rocks are not alive.

Mmmm, bacon, sausage and prime rib... Juicy burgers and fried chicken! YUM! Give that up? Not on your life. smile.gif

Edited by MedievalMystic

If it doesn't bother you, eat it. Christ ate meat and fish according to the gospels.

Man was meant to eat all manner of things.

I eat meat. I won't eat a meal that does not have meat. It is, as my brother would put it... actually, nevermind.

But MEAT.

we are omnivores by nature and should eat meat. Perhaps not as a daily part of our diet but frequent enough. Any diet that requires supplements and vitamin B12 injections (B12 being necessary and obtained only from meat) is a bad diet.

I do enjoy a mixed diet. I will cook carnivore meals but will also indulge in vegetarian and vegan dishes. I like the variety.