Zeekaice

Meat

Well, I've been watching a few videos concerning eating meat. People believe they shouldn't eat meat because you're eating something that used to have life. They think it's wrong to eat something that used to be able to move and think on its own will.

I personally believe it's okay to eat meat simply because eating is part of life, and we are able to eat both meat and vegetables. So, why not? There are carnivorous animals, and they (obviously) only eat meat, so why's it wrong for us to eat meat, but okay for them to? If we have omnivore teeth, then it's obviously natural to eat meat and vegetables.

Plus, I just like meat. I think it tastes good. So yeah.

But what are your views on eating meat?

(Sorry if this topic was already made--I could have easily missed a topic while searching. If this is a duplicate, please let me know and I'll contact a mod about it.)

Personally, I love animals and I despise the thought of them suffering- but I still eat meat. I take the same reasoning that Zeekaice takes: we are designed to eat meat as a vital part of our diet and I won't go against that.

In saying that, though, I utterly REFUSE to eat veal. I will not go anywhere near eating it and I strongly advise my friends and relatives to never eat it either :/

Edit: Hey, first post :D

Edited by Tariss

I'm vegetarian, because of what animals that become the meat on your table eat all kinds of stuff, that aren't good for consumption. So my issue would be health wise.

I don't believe there is anything wrong with eating meat, it's just your own choice.

And yeah personally, when I visit relatives I do eat meat sometimes and I'm not against it at all. IMO.

I like animals, and I like meat. Maybe not the idea how much of the meat is produced, however, in case someone claims that they're vegetarian out of ethical issues but still consume supermarket milk and eggs, I'll be seriously eager to punch them in the face, because that is just damn hypocritical.

I like meat, I'll admit it. I like the mixture of all kinds of flavours, and I feel my diet would be so dull without it.

But then...sometimes I feel guilty. Like I shouldn't be killing things with consciousness just for a tasty supper. I just can't actually make the step to become vegetarian, though.

OMNOMNOMNOM MEAT.

I love meat. I am a pretty massive carnivore. But, in saying that, i'm picky about what I eat. I only eat free-range meat, so, free range beef (yuss, it exists. I'll NEVER eat meat that came from a feedlot), free range chicken and eggs and free range pig products. I don't eat fish, as there is no sustainable farms and I don't believe in ripping up the ocean just for food. I'll also never eat veal. Calves are kept anemic, and in tiny crates. Its revolting and cruel.

I like meat, but I hate to think of animals suffering for it.

And I only like a few vegetables, so I probably couldn't become a vegetarian. Or a vegan.

Once, I kind of tried to not eat meat for a while (just to see what it was like), and my diet got pretty bland. But I guess that's because before that time I ate meat pretty often.

I guess that my beliefs about meat are:

That you need some in your diet, if not a little, and, like Zeek said, it's just a part of life, good and bad.

I'm not a vegetarian, but I try and eat as little meat as possible. Besides, I don't like stakes of any kind, or fish for that matter, so that's helping.

I eat meat. But I eat a load of other things as well. Mediterranean diet is fantastic.

Also, controls in most western countries concerning animal welfare, even animals destined for consumption, are pretty strict so. Sure, they get killed to eat, but that's food chain.

user posted image

That is all that must be said.

... And I will fight tooth and nail for my right to some delicious bacon. :|

It is the cycle of life...things always die cruely in the wild, I mean like your a zebra eating some yummy yummy grass, then all of a sudden 3 lionesses jump onto you, ripping out your throat, then consuming you. Dont you think that is cruel to the zebra? Point is battle of the fittest. If your weak you get killed by the upper levels of the food chain. Yes post that I am an animal hater but I am not!

Nah, you don't sound like a hater, humans just are on the upper level of the food chain because of our well-developed brain cortex. c:

Edited by lightbird

I'll never find fault with eating meat. I do find fault with people who will eat meat without understanding the process that gets it to your table. I'm always surprised with friends who will eat meat from the store, but these same friends seem appalled, morally outraged, or some other weird emotion when they learn some of the meat in my freezer comes from my own animals. They don't understand that I have complete control over my own animal's lives, so, unlike with the store bought meat, I can ensure they have the happiest possible lives and the swiftest possible death. It's where I found my middle ground between not particularly liking the way food animals were treated, and loving meat too much to make a stand against it with vegetarianism.

Oh, and for those who won't eat veal, there are different types of veal. There are many sources of veal out there that are not in any way inhumane, so there's no need to cut it completely out of your life. I'm fairly certain that in the relatively near future it will be rather difficult to find veal that has been raised inhumanely. Just do your research and read the labeling so you can avoid the bad stuff.

Edited by Goslander

Yes.

Meat is good.

And I am a heartless bas**** who will keep on eating his bacon and eggs every morning. laugh.gif

Edited by Ælex

And I only like a few vegetables, so I probably couldn't become a vegetarian. Or a vegan.

Vegetarians don't only eat vegetables, y'know. There's grains, too.

I consider myself semi-vegetarian, since I don't eat red meat. Mostly because I dislike the texture and flavour. *shrugs* Grains make up the majority of my diet (mostly pasta and noodles). I love fruit, but not so much vegetables. *shudders* I hate cooked veges.

The picture = lulz. =D

I'm close to being PETA_activist, lol, but I eat meat. At least meat of those animals that are reared by people, like cows/pigs/etc. I would never eat meat of wild animals, like deer or seals or whatever.

Venison is delicious. D:

My father's brother occasionally hunts for meat to enliven his menu.

We are omnivores, and eating other lifeforms is part of the natural circle.

'Sides, I can guarantee that plants are alive, and quite often they are still alive when people eat them fresh. wink.gif

I eat meat, and I love the taste of it.

I think this is the only thing that could make me NOT eat meat:

I'm always surprised with friends who will eat meat from the store, but these same friends seem appalled, morally outraged, or some other weird emotion when they learn some of the meat in my freezer comes from my own animals.

This is just because I can't imagine eating any animal that I know. Not just "this was a cow", but more of a "yeah, now I'm eating [insert name]". I really don't think I could manage to do that.

I think it's pretty funny that we have the choice to be vegetarians. Imagine if you lived in Africa. If you were eating leaves, it would be because that's all you had.

But anyway, I eat meat, and that is never going to change. I don't eat fish, but purely because I don't like the taste.

I don't see how anyone can give up bacon and steak. I might would understand if you were brought up a vegetarian, and didn't know what you were missing, but that usually isn't the case.

I would never eat meat of wild animals, like deer or seals or whatever.

It may seem odd or just plain wrong sometimes, but hunting can be beneficial. In some areas, hunters are helping the environment and the animals themselves. In areas of the US, deer populations have exploded because of a long term absence of a major predator (wolves) so humans pretty much try their best in putting themselves in the place of the wolf. It's not as effective, but it's something to help keep the deer population down and prevent members from overfeeding on what wild land is left and starving because there's not much food left.

And why let the meat go to waste? One thing I don't agree on is hunting just for the sake of hunting, which some people do.

I do eat meat though. I barely eat beef, I pretty much don't touch pork anymore and most of what I eat is chicken or turkey. it's not only cheaper than the other options, but also healthier.

I forgot I still eat fish...I just can't say no to fresh caught or sushi :3

Edited by Wookieinmashoo

I eat way more meat than I should.

Beef!!! I could eat it every meal and be wickedly happy.

I have kidney stone issues, and my "problem" is too much animal protein.

The doctor wants me to cut down on eating meat to 2 out of every 3 days, and eat smaller portions.

I love meat and animals. It happens in the wild, so I don't see much wrong with it for humans, though I do feel bad for the animals. I support hunting, as long as it is humane and you actually eat the meat. My dad's venison is probably my favorite dish.

I don't see how anyone can give up bacon and steak.

I love meat but hate steak.

This is just because I can't imagine eating any animal that I know. Not just "this was a cow", but more of a "yeah, now I'm eating [insert name]". I really don't think I could manage to do that.

Reading this reminded me of a gruesome real-life story about how one of my Czech friends' grandmother had her give rabbit in cream for lunch. When they finished eating, my friend was told that it had been her rabbit Ferda. She told me it left her with a kind of a trauma and disgust with her grandmother. The disgust had a ground, because later the grandmother killed off my friend's cat.