sailing101

Portal 2

Huh, that's the same problem I've been having.. well, with the framerate anyway. It doesn't get bad until after the part where you wake up after 50 years. Once it gets to the part where Wheatley comes in, it's TERRIBLE.

But I've got a really powerful computer - I shouldn't be having this issue. I used to get at least 45 fps average, and I still do, until I get to the old aperture science levels. After that, it's unplayable :/ Custom maps are unplayable too, due to the same bug.

I can play it normally...

user posted image

I. Am. Happy. LOL.

Now all I need is a portal gun...

Where. Did. You. Get. THOSE.

I love Wheatley.

First she made me sad for the lie cake, then that one thing changes all of your thoughts toward her: Which is why I love portal~

Those screams... .-. I was terrified when I first heard them. Oh god those screams...

I find them rather cool.

Where. Did. You. Get. THOSE.

I love Wheatley.

For clarity, I made Wheatley, not the cube. Bought it on thinkgeek.com.

and thank you, lol x3

Edited by Kaini

You can add me on steam now. I use this username almost everywhere.

Never play co op with me after 9 pm. I'll probably be half asleep.

I'm still at a part with repulsion gel.

Thank you! I'm working on doing the personality cores (yes, all of them :3), and surprisingly Wheatley is the hardest to nail down. I haven't really thought about how to do a turret though! ^^

ARG! I got matched up with someone who had never played Co Op before (YAY PROFESSOR PORATL achievement!) But for it to work you have to add them on steam.

My partner could not figure out how to add me on steam .___. I was so disappointed.

How much is Portal 2? If I have to buy it at all? I've never played Portal 1, but Portal 2 is more worth it. And How fast does your computer have to be?

Can't say anything about computer speed, but Portal 2... I don't think it's dropped much from the release price, somewhere around 50-60 dollars.

... but yeah, it's so worth it.

How much is Portal 2? If I have to buy it at all? I've never played Portal 1, but Portal 2 is more worth it. And How fast does your computer have to be?

Last time I checked, portal costs 50 bucks for PC and 60 for a game platform. I don't know if that has changed.

I don't think your computer has to be terribly fast.

Also, I'm 3 achievements away from getting them all. The one I really need is professor portal.

So if someone has never played Co Op before, please add me on steam and let me teach you. That achievement is too hard to get >.< Unless you buy two games.

My steam name is Kaini88.

There are a lot more factors in determining if a computer can run a game besides "fast."

There are a lot more factors in determining if a computer can run a game besides "fast."

Indeed. I've learned that the hard way.

You have to have enough space for the game, for one. You also have to have the right graphics card. You're processor needs to be well enough as well. Not to mention you'll need your drivers up-to-date. I'm sure there are other things that are very important (I'm tired, so I can't think of any more), but these are the ones that give people the most trouble when buying a PC game, I do believe.

The only problem I have is the stupid graphics. ;__; Sigh. At times like these I wish I had a console.

Mella, not to laugh at your misfortune, but you must have a really ****ty graphics card. xd.png Mine is pretty low end but I can still play most Valve games because they aren't too taxing on GPU usually.

It's fine, it's fine. .w. Mine's an Intel 4 series, and apparently that's not supported. Not that Valve told anyone until AFTER people bought it and had problems. OH SIGH. *hangs head*

Oh no... Well, I might get it some time or other. Once I'm old enough to get a job that is. >:

Ohai, everyone. I've never played the first Portal game but...I kinda want Portal 2 |D

I just did a check to see if it would run on my laptop and it told me that my video card doesn't meet the min requirements...but I have had experiences with games on computers that theoretically shouldn't work but do anyway.

This is what it told me:

Video Card

Minimum: Video card must be 128 MB or more and should be a DirectX 9-compatible with support for Pixel Shader 2.0b (ATI Radeon X800 or higher / NVIDIA GeForce 7600 or higher / Intel HD Graphics 2000 or higher).

You Have: Intel® Graphics Media Accelerator HD

By any chance does anyone think it would work anyway? >.>

or does anyone have any solutions? (I'm not that computer savvy)