sailing101

Portal 2

WELP. Since I can't play the game, I'm going to watch a play-through of it. =3= It'll be just like a movie! BAHAHA. *smashes computer screen*

But really, I think I will. The only time I could ever play my Portal 2 is when I go to Zach's house and use his computer (every other week) or if we get a new computer. And since we have no money due to the divorce, the latter is highly unlikely.

Not like I'll remember how to do any of the puzzles, anyway. I forgot half of the ones from the first Portal, even though I watched the play-through just the day before I could play the game. Peeshaawww.

GLaDOS: This place is self-destructing, you idiot!

My favorite line so far.

Other lines I like:

Defective Turret: Don't make lemonade.

GLaDOS: NononoNONONO!

The funniest quote:

Wheatley: I'm speaking in an accent that is beyond her range of hearing!

GLaDOS: Look, metal ball, I CAN hear you.

Wheatley: Oh no RUN! (Or something along those lines, I can't remember.)

~Cavey

user posted image

I. Am. Happy. LOL.

Now all I need is a portal gun...

The cake was the thing promised to you by GLaDOS (who may or may not have been lying about it... for some reason, there's tons of discussion over the cake actually being a lie or not),

That may be due to the very ending of the game.

Spoilers: At the end of the game, just before the credits roll, you see a shot of the cake that was promised--in a room full of personality cores. This could mean that the cake was not a lie in the fact that it physically existed but it was a lie in that the cake was promised to you, but it was likely never intended for you to obtain it--the cake exists, but it is not for you to have.

Okay, I'm just gonna say. When GLaDOS was being ripped from her body.. her screams. Oh gawd, her screams. They will haunt me forever.

BUT YEAH WATCHED THE WHOLE PLAY-THROUGH.

Okay, I'm just gonna say. When GLaDOS was being ripped from her body.. her screams. Oh gawd, her screams. They will haunt me forever.

Well. She was being defiant...

-shivers- I don't know if they were intentionally trying to evoke memories of the android hell comment, but it sure did for me.

user posted image

I. Am. Happy. LOL.

Now all I need is a portal gun...

I want your shirt.

And companion cube.

Oh my god, no kidding.

Her screams were....ackh. Just...horrific. Three playthroughs and I still haven't gotten used to it. ;_;

Oh my god, no kidding.

Her screams were....ackh. Just...horrific. Three playthroughs and I still haven't gotten used to it. ;_;

Especially the end x.x Autotune has never been more terrifying it... it was so horrible, so so close to music.

HEAL YOURSELVES WITH THIS!

GLaDOS makes everything better biggrin.gif ... also, I'm considering a one-shot story that's... kinda on the cracky side.

See, it starts with ATLAS and P-Body finding some of Rat Man's murals and art supplies... and might end in GLaDOS re-formatting the classic Genesis story, except... well, with a Portal bent. ... she's god. I don't know if Chell or Wheatley should play the devil part.

Speaking of the bots... that was actually kind of sweet.

Edited by Dr. Paine

But it's a violation of science! D: /shot

Stop touching each other!

That fic can only be improved if GLaDOS blew them up again right at the end. And reassembled them in the room where all the robots scream at you. xd.png

Edited by Lythiaren

The whole cake thing is what made me want nothing to do with the first game, actually. Unfortunately, people are already being "clever" and "funny" by quoting this game... agh.

...I'm gonna get my engineers to make a combustible lemon and burn *your* house down with it.

*shot*

Aren't I witty?

Eh, sorry. I'll go make myself pay the next time I quote Portal again.

I loved that story. :>

Shows that love can go a long way, and that we can't imagine how something feels or looks unless we experience it.

...I'm gonna get my engineers to make a combustible lemon and burn *your* house down with it.

*shot*

Aren't I witty?

Eh, sorry. I'll go make myself pay the next time I quote Portal again.

I loved that story. :>

Shows that love can go a long way, and that we can't imagine how something feels or looks unless we experience it.

*clap* *clap* *clap*

And I agree <3 ... with you and Lyth xd.png

-imagines Edward in a room filled with screaming robots- Aaaah, I'm happy biggrin.gif

And it was 'stop touching yourselves'. I have to wonder, was the Atlas/P-Body thing inspired by

Edited by Dr. Paine

Those screams... .-. I was terrified when I first heard them. Oh god those screams...

Those screams... .-. I was terrified when I first heard them. Oh god those screams...

I'm not going to lie, I almost cried.

Evil as she is... GLaDOS is one of my all time favorite characters. She's just so damn evil, you want to see her win, or at least come out somewhere on top, but hearing her pleading and screaming like that... -shivers-

I too was freaked out when she was being ripped out of her control. I kind felt it. ._.

I don't know GLaDOS much but that scream was just piercing. I pitied her after that.

Edit: Wording

Edited by Sombreon

That may be due to the very ending of the game.

Spoilers: At the end of the game, just before the credits roll, you see a shot of the cake that was promised--in a room full of personality cores. This could mean that the cake was not a lie in the fact that it physically existed but it was a lie in that the cake was promised to you, but it was likely never intended for you to obtain it--the cake exists, but it is not for you to have.

Actually they were Edgeless Safety Cubes.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who just felt horrible for GLaDOS at that moment. D: The woman who voice-acts her was spot-on for the screams. So full of terror, so full of horror, so full of.. PAIN. GAWD. The screams pierced my very soul. ;_____;

Actually they were Edgeless Safety Cubes.

No, they were spare personality cores. The model just got re-used for the safety cubes, since they had highly updated the core models.

translations of turret opera= these aren't tears....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mtAXSyFCWXY

EDIT:OMGOMGOMG i think I figured something out we know the defective turret alright so he says "get mad! "dont make lemondade!" "the answer is beneath us" "her name is caroline" so this turret could POISSIBLY be cave! or somebody that was around him during the lemon speach OR!! I just thought of something else! remember when wheatley tells the story of the dude who chopped his workes into pieces and they were robots WELL maybe the killer was cave johnson, and the people he killed were the lab boys, and thats why the turret knew about the lemon speech

copy paste to read, may contain spoilers

Edited by penguin_adu6oo

EDIT:OMGOMGOMG i think I figured something out we know the defective turret alright so he says "get mad! "dont make lemondade!" "the answer is beneath us" "her name is caroline" so this turret could POISSIBLY be cave! or somebody that was around him during the lemon speach OR!! I just thought of something else! remember when wheatley tells the story of the dude who chopped his workes into pieces and they were robots WELL maybe the killer was cave johnson, and the people he killed were the lab boys, and thats why the turret knew about the lemon speech

copy paste to read, may contain spoilers

No, that turret is just different.

Besides, foreman != founder. Cave wouldn't be involved in any of the actual engineering, let alone the manufacturing. He just tells the lab boys what he wants so he can get back to making more prerecorded messages.

Plus the lemon speech was played frequently even after Cave's death, if the AI bit at the end was correct. "And I'm gonna say it on tape so everyone hears it a hundred times a day..."

No, that turret is just different.

Besides, foreman != founder.  Cave wouldn't be involved in any of the actual engineering, let alone the manufacturing. He just tells the lab boys what he wants so he can get back to making more prerecorded messages.

Plus the lemon speech was played frequently even after Cave's death, if the AI bit at the end was correct.  "And I'm gonna say it on tape so everyone hears it a hundred times a day..."

I like to think the lemon speech was played once a day, every day x3

And that Aperture would have a ban on almost any lemon product.

Also, I'm doing a little research into Portal 2's music... while it appears

was never used in the game proper, I have found snatches of it in other songs tracks, and I'm trying to make a list of which ones.

... Why, you ask? FOR SCIENCE! Simply because I can.

List so far:

. (Enormous spoiler alert. Duh.)

2. Through all of

, much slower pace. Edited by Dr. Paine

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF. That update that fixed the FAT32 bug lowered my frame rate to the point of being unplayable :|