sailing101

Portal 2

Add me on steam for Portal 2! caramba2654

Hm, I think it might work. Your video card is waaayyy better than mine, and even I can.. get in the game. (It's unplayable due to the framerate.) But I don't think you'll have that issue. :3

If you do buy it, try and play it on the default settings. And if it's a little slow, adjust as you deem fit. I'm pretty sure you'll be a-okay.

I hope it does work...if I am ever able to get it :/

And I can pretty much guarantee that it won't work on mah desktop...that thing is pretty ancient. >.>

Aaand one more question...since I haven't played the first one, will I be lost (story-wise) in the second one?

Nah, you'll be fine story-wise. :3 It gets you up to speed at the very beginning, basically explaining what you (the character) did in the first game.

Of course, if I were you, I would want to play the first one.. well, first. Because that's just me. But it's not necessary. :B

the thing is, I lack enough money for both |D

I mean, if I could then I would definitely get the first one as well...but I can't :c

pff, I don't even know for sure if I will be able to get the second one...my dad wants me to save my money ._.'

It's 10 bucks. Or you could watch a walkthrough.

Really? *checks*

._. Do want...but that's the problem. I have $51 (plus a bunch of change) that I can spend. Can't get both :c

I'll probably just watch the walkthrough. :3

I think that when you buy Portal 2, Portal 1 becomes 5 dollars. I don't know... I just got Portal 2.

Last time I checked, portal costs 50 bucks for PC and 60 for a game platform. I don't know if that has changed.

I don't think your computer has to be terribly fast.

Also, I'm 3 achievements away from getting them all. The one I really need is professor portal.

So if someone has never played Co Op before, please add me on steam and let me teach you. That achievement is too hard to get >.< Unless you buy two games.

My steam name is Kaini88.

It's 10 bucks. Or you could watch a walkthrough

What. And on fastness... It can run a Minecraft game with a whole lot of stuff in it on Normal distance with minimal lag. Not sure but I have set up a pretty nice investment with 10$ per month as allowance that can get me Portal 2 by September.

What. And on fastness... It can run a Minecraft game with a whole lot of stuff in it on Normal distance with minimal lag. Not sure but I have set up a pretty nice investment with 10$ per month as allowance that can get me Portal 2 by September.

Portal 2 is 50 on PC, Portal 1 is 10.

Portal 2 is 50 on PC, Portal 1 is 10.

Buy both together and it's $55.

OMG! Some custom maps are so cool!

Oh HELL yes! I did some optimization and now Portal 2 is running just fine biggrin.gif

Oh jegus.

These are some lines from a recording where Caroline was forcibly turned into GLaDOS. Ellen cried when she recorded them, and JK Simmons refused to read his lines because it seemed too much like rape to him. We agreed;

"No listen to me! Sir, I do not want this."

"I do not want this!"

"Mr. Johnson, I don't want this!"

"Cave, I'm begging you, don't! Please!"

"NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!"

*GLaDOS voice* "I am awake. And I am going to kill you all."

The quote is off pastebin and cites nothing, so it's probably someone making stuff up, but the Caroline lines exist that fjhdsakfhdsjkfds.

Oh jegus.

The quote is off pastebin and cites nothing, so it's probably someone making stuff up, but the Caroline lines exist that fjhdsakfhdsjkfds.

Never heard the GLaDOS line.

But I have heard the Caroline protests... ... the most disturbing thing is that McLain was okay enough with it to do it. At all. Probably for the best that they cut this bit, especially since it seems the ESRB was asleep and gave this game such a low age rating. (... and face it, the cute co-op bots on the case is not helping.)

By the way, has anyone else heard these

lines?

I wish they'd kept the ones in the first video. A little more pure hatred that rivals AM would have been nice.

Edited by Dr. Paine

Bahaha. I was about to link the last one too. I just... imagining someone in a booth deliberately talking jibberish. In computervoice. XD

Edited by Lythiaren

Bahaha. I was about to link the last one too. I just... imagining someone in a booth deliberately talking jibberish. In computervoice. xd.png

Yes xd.png

Voice acting for Portal must be a very interesting experience.

It's also going to make it impossible for me to take the character of Tenzin seriously in the new Avatar show. (J.K. Simmons is his voice actor.)

Portal 2 is the most epic thing in the world. I'm gonna try to install it on my new computer (my old one is turned off, so I'm using a crappy old Windows) and beat it there. ^^ The Windows here is so bad it can't even run a Pet Vet disk. If you were to play Portal 2 here...let me put it this way...all those gels would be invisible, portals would suck, and you'd fall for ages before the game would send you back. dry.gif

And the end song is so epic it makes-hang on a minute *bashes caps lock key*-Still Alive from the original Portal sound lame. ^^

~Cavey

http://dragcave.net/lineage/o2if

LOL user posted image

(Yes this is portal 2 related, before you go WHYS SHE POSTING A DRAGON x3)

Cute xd.png

This reminds me, I need to count up how many of my dragons are direct references to Portal/P2.

ETA: If you don't count the songs, somewhere between 25 and 30. I don't even want to try with the lyric dragons xd.png

Edited by Dr. Paine

What's all this talk about PCs? Are there no console owners of Portal 2? huh.gif

Anyway, I just got it new online for 40 bucks for my 360. I was going through at a nice pace, but I got stuck. Oh well, probably just means I was playing too long. I'll approach it with fresh eyes tomorrow.

What caught me by surprise was the splitscreen co-op option. I'm so used to games nowadays milking consumers for all they're worth that it didn't even occur to me to check to see if splitscreen was an option. As a non-gold XBL account owner, and someone who would rather play with a friend in the same room, I was astounded.

What's all this talk about PCs? Are there no console owners of Portal 2? huh.gif

Anyway, I just got it new online for 40 bucks for my 360. I was going through at a nice pace, but I got stuck. Oh well, probably just means I was playing too long. I'll approach it with fresh eyes tomorrow.

What caught me by surprise was the splitscreen co-op option. I'm so used to games nowadays milking consumers for all they're worth that it didn't even occur to me to check to see if splitscreen was an option. As a non-gold XBL account owner, and someone who would rather play with a friend in the same room, I was astounded.

-raises hand-

Pre-ordered it for the 360, got it the day it released xd.png And I know, I love the split-screen co-op. Same for Left 4 Dead.

I have it for PS3. As it's a console I don't use very much, it took me a while to get used to the controls. :/

I wasn't so good at jumping at first.

Of course, the fact that its connected to my new flat screen makes it look amazing. Though I did have to buy another controller for co-op...

Yeah, my PS3's only function is DVDs and Portal 2.

I wasn't so good at jumping at first.

But Wheatley said you're such a good jumper!

*DUCKS*