sailing101

Portal 2

Yeah XD I liked Wheatley more as a villain than anything else.

Oh god, Portal fanfic... Everything's Chell/Wheatley, or Chell/GLaDOS or Atlas and P-body, almost always involving them becoming human.

WHY Dx Why is there so little good fic that focuses on... you know, some kind of story? Something interesting?

I've been trying to work out a good Portal fic that examines Chell before the test, and something after, probably working with 'Chell gets involved with the HL world'. It's fun to think about XD

I've often thought about Chell getting envolved with HL as well. It is an interesting idea.

I haven't read any Portal 2 fics, aside from that short one about Altus and P-Body. I liked that one, 'twas cute. <3

I've often thought about Chell getting envolved with HL as well. It is an interesting idea.

I haven't read any Portal 2 fics, aside from that short one about Altus and P-Body. I liked that one, 'twas cute. <3

Yeah :> It's one of the better ones I've found.

I also found a nice one based on 'Exile Vilify', and one involving the turrets singing, hang on.

You don't need to if you draw from Chells perspective... wink.gif

yeeeaaaaah, I was thinking about that...might do some doodling/sketching later...maybe...acutally, if I do, it might have to wait until tomorrow...

oh yeah, did anyone else see P-body run through the exit when Wheatley "made" an exit for one of the test chambers? X3

GAH I want to play more but I can't right now :/

-raises hand-

I loved seeing her there, and seeing both of them at the end xd.png

Che la Stimo.

Exile.

Exile is just great, as for Che la Stimo... I still like it. It shows GLaDOS is indeed GLaDOS, and Caroline is a much repressed, smaller part of her. Teaching the turrets to sing is a nice way for her to try and do something x3

... -is still firmly of the belief that Caroline is completely gone, though-

Edited by Dr. Paine

I saw P-Body my second time playing, when I was going for the Smash-TV achievement. Didn't take long to combine Wheatley's behavior during that chamber and P-Body's appearance.

Just read those both, Paine. I especially liked Che la Stimo. x3

I saw P-Body my second time playing, when I was going for the Smash-TV achievement. Didn't take long to combine Wheatley's behavior during that chamber and P-Body's appearance.

Just read those both, Paine. I especially liked Che la Stimo. x3

xd.png Yeah.

Oh I hate that achievement, more than I hated Camera Shy...

-is now writing the fic version of that scene- I'll be putting it up on my writing thread, if anyone wants to see smile.gif

XD Yeah.

Oh I hate that achievement, more than I hated Camera Shy...

-is now writing the fic version of that scene- I'll be putting it up on my writing thread, if anyone wants to see :)

I liked Smash TV. Getting the achievement was a blast, I thought. x3 Wheatley's reactions cracked me up every time.

Camera Shy, on the other hand, I never really persued. x_x

I liked Smash TV. Getting the achievement was a blast, I thought. x3 Wheatley's reactions cracked me up every time.

Camera Shy, on the other hand, I never really persued. x_x

It took me forever to get Camera Shy x3 But it can be done.

Also, Portal 2 ficlet from me. Enjoy.

That reminds me of another thing you wrote. A fictional GLaDOS monologue where she says that she remembers being a human. That was written before Portal 2 was ever mentioned.

YOUPREDICTEDCAROLINE!!!

or valve stole your idea,

Either way, xd.png

Edited by sailing101

That reminds me of another thing you wrote. A fictional GLaDOS monologue where she says that she remembers being a human. That was written before Portal 2 was ever mentioned.

YOUPREDICTEDCAROLINE!!!

Either way, xd.png

Me and about half the Portal fandom xd.png I got the idea from a piece of fanart I saw over a year before I even knew what Portal was, and it was one of the major theories of the Portal WMG page on TV Tropes.

I think a few other people wrote stuff involving Human!GLaDOS, too... but yeah, I am incredibly happy that the theory is now confirmed smile.gif

YOUPREDICTEDCAROLINE!!!

Either way, XD

I was also a "follower" of the thought that GLaDOS was once human in a sense.

I really didn't know much about Portal at the time, and honestly, I didn't have any actual arguments for it. I just had liked to believe that, as well as that there was a deeper connection between GLaDOS and Chell. My relationship theory was pretty farfetched, though, thinking back.

Valve totally stole our ideas ;D /shot

I'm also quite happy the theory's been confirmed. x3

I was also a "follower" of the thought that GLaDOS was once human in a sense.

I really didn't know much about Portal at the time, and honestly, I didn't have any actual arguments for it. I just had liked to believe that, as well as that there was a deeper connection between GLaDOS and Chell. My relationship theory was pretty farfetched, though, thinking back.

Valve totally stole our ideas ;D /shot

I'm also quite happy the theory's been confirmed. x3

Indeed they do. ... though honestly, if we ever see 'Chell goes back to Aperture and is given a party', I won't mind.

The human!GLaDOS theory was the only one I ever really followed xd.png And that Chell was an employee of Aperture, I still maintain that one. ... I also hold that she will still appear in Ep3, as another pawn of the G-man.

-yawns- Still need to work out ideas for a prequel/sequels to the fic, and the long-dead Hypothesis...

Hopefully we'll see a decrease in the pairing centric Portal fics and see people doing some character studies or something, the Portal cast is amazing for that.

well, her acronym name did have Genetic Lifeform in it... I think pretty much everyone that delved deeper into Portal suspected a human element to GLaDOS...

For those of you who are interested, Volume 1 of the soundtrack has been released. :3

And it's freeeee~ *flails*

Ok, anyway, I started my second run-through yesterday and...now that I kinda remember what to, it's kinda sad how long it took me to figure out some of the tests the first time around. |D

EDIT: Oh yeah, is it just me or does the companion cube sing? ._.

Edited by Ali'i Makani Pahili

YAAAY SOUNDTRACK!

That just made my day. I currently can't play because of grades. If you see me playing, tell me to get my butt off.

I'm listening to it now, and the sound is great~! I know I'll be having this on repeat for a long time!

And thanks to Valve for making it free~ ^^

Ohsquee soundtrack!

Also, Ohsquee x2. I've been trying to find that "I Saw a Deer Today" song for awhile. I didn't know it was called that.

The ringtones are making me wish I had a phone, just so I could use those. :'3

Indeed they do. ... though honestly, if we ever see 'Chell goes back to Aperture and is given a party', I won't mind.

The human!GLaDOS theory was the only one I ever really followed xd.png And that Chell was an employee of Aperture, I still maintain that one. ... I also hold that she will still appear in Ep3, as another pawn of the G-man.

-yawns- Still need to work out ideas for a prequel/sequels to the fic, and the long-dead Hypothesis...

Hopefully we'll see a decrease in the pairing centric Portal fics and see people doing some character studies or something, the Portal cast is amazing for that.

could you link us to that story?

could you link us to that story?

It's just a few posts up on this page xd.png

EDIT: Oh yeah, is it just me or does the companion cube sing? ._.

It does. Because it loves you x3

Ahaha, yes! Science can overcome anything, even crappy internet! -just finished the download-

I could never get through myself. Be it difficulty or lazyness you can decide.

However I watched the walkthrough. Pretty epic. I mean pretty DAMN epic. GoW series is still my favourite but Portal + sequel comes close.