sailing101

Portal 2

In Chapter 8 Test 15 did anybody notice P-body in the place being ripped apart?

I found out that he only runs away when you are near the beginning, and so he does nothing if you noclip your way to him like I did here:

user posted image

Overexposure to something you like makes you tired of it. It's like if you played your favourite song on continuous repeat for a week. You probably wouldn't like it as much after that. Probably wouldn't hate it, but you wouldn't like it as much.

This, essentially. I can't entirely explain it, but it just bugs me how universally loved and quoted Portal is. It's just not funny.

It's not that people like them. It's that people who like them ruin it by, in this case, spouting moronic references and mindless praises at every given moment. It might be funny at first but after the first hundred or so times of hearing 'THE CAKE IS A LIE!' or something of the like it gets irritating and turns you off from the source of the irritant. It ruins the experience.

I disagree. Yes, "the cake is a lie" is kind of old by now, but that doesn't mean Portal is "ruined forever."

I just made it to chapter 8 /fail

Edit: FINISHED

My sound card made it sound like Wheatley said "I am filled with hydrogen" in the apology.

Edited by wonton55912

Can someone help?

So playing Portal 2 for a while for the first time was smooth, with some choppyness. That was ok. But then I started having massive lag and the audio was more choppier then ever. (I suspect my headphones, I dropped the ear parts into some water) I tried to fix it with Options, but I don't know what to do. Help.

Can someone help?

So playing Portal 2 for a while for the first time was smooth, with some choppyness. That was ok. But then I started having massive lag and the audio was more choppier then ever. (I suspect my headphones, I dropped the ear parts into some water) I tried to fix it with Options, but I don't know what to do. Help.

Specs?

Can someone help?

Turn "Anti Aliasing" all the way down. It makes the game much smoother.

Rain_cat wonton.

The wierd part is, after a while the audio smooths itself out. And I don't think it's my headphones because it gets choppy even with no headphones. Same for another game I play often. Although when I start a new game the lag starts when Wheatley is moving the container hotel thingy and it starts breaking. I put AA to the lowest setting and the picture improved a lot, though I'm worried it might contribute to lag.

I don't know how to find my specs.

Rain_cat wonton.

The wierd part is, after a while the audio smooths itself out. And I don't think it's my headphones because it gets choppy even with no headphones. Same for another game I play often. Although when I start a new game the lag starts when Wheatley is moving the container hotel thingy and it starts breaking. I put AA to the lowest setting and the picture improved a lot, though I'm worried it might contribute to lag.

I don't know how to find my specs.

Anti-aliasing is the thing that most causes lag. Try messing with the options.]

Specs: Right click "Computer" and go to "Properties"

My Aperture Repulsion gel came in the mail yesterday. (Funny sentence... where are you gonna hear that?) it's hilarious... It rly looks like the in game stuff xd.png Good for a laugh, not really much else.

I kinda wish it was actually bouncy... LOL.

DO NOT GET COVERED IN THE REPULSION GEL. ^^

I finished Portal yesterday with my Dad watching. After the credits ended I told him how dissapointed I was that I couldn't have the cake (I was joking).

This morning I got black forest gateau for breakfast o3o

that. is. amazing xd.png

I finished Portal yesterday with my Dad watching. After the credits ended I told him how dissapointed I was that I couldn't have the cake (I was joking).

Ahaha! That's awesome!

I wonder if the song at the end that is sung is on youtube....

I wonder if the song at the end that is sung is on youtube....

Yes xd.png multiple times.

Yes xd.png multiple times.

Hmmm. I am having trouble finding it. Gah!!

Link??

So, I've never actually played the Portal games (I want to though!), but I've watched walkthrus on youtube and have read the TVTropes. Especially the WMG.

And I have a bit of an idea. Following that Caroline = GLaDOS, and assuming that they are indeed separate (ah, entities? personalities?), I like to look at the ending songs.

Still Alive is Caroline singing (possibly to GLaDOS/Chell). The voice sounds smaller because G was more dominant. The "I'm not even angry" is her addressing Cave, forgiving him for breaking her heart and putting her in the machine. "Go ahead and leave me / I think I prefer to stay inside" is her accepting being alone because she just wants science now that she's been part of a machine for so long. Black Mesa was a rival company, G never mentions them but Caroline still remembers. Maybe cake was actually originally used as a reward (but that's a whole other can of worms). She's singing that she's "Still Alive" because she remembers being human and is now free of the dead G's control.

Want You Gone is G. Mostly self-explanatory. The "goodbye my only friend" bit is interesting. Is it talking to Chell, or is it to Caroline, who was replaced by Chell? She says "replaced", but then states she doesn't need anyone now. Why the now? (Is it just for rhythm and I'm thinking too hard? xd.png) Who was the replacement? "When I delete you maybe" delete Caroline, who was probably her base, or delete Chell's files and totally forget her?

It makes sense to me. >w>

And then there are the theories that Chell is Caroline's/GLaDOS'/Cave's daughter, which interest me.

OMG GUYs. You all are going to hate me. Especially Dr.Paine.

user posted image

Yes I did.

I got the name GLaDOS for a dragon.

I've been stalking the scroll that had it, because they only had 3 adult dragons. I knew it would go inactive...

I was right. I win the game. I have GLaDOS on my scroll. Ahaha.

The "goodbye my only friend" bit is interesting. Is it talking to Chell, or is it to Caroline, who was replaced by Chell? She says "replaced", but then states she doesn't need anyone now. Why the now? (Is it just for rhythm and I'm thinking too hard? xd.png) Who was the replacement? "When I delete you maybe" delete Caroline, who was probably her base, or delete Chell's files and totally forget her?

There's an interesting bit of analysis to be had in the "Goodbye my only friend" verse. It points quite strongly to her addressing Chell, but right after, she says "Oh, did you think I meant you?/That would be funny if it weren't so sad", which implies she means someone else (possibly the companion cube). Another possible interpretation is that she really does mean Chell, but since Science has no room for sentimentality, the two subsequent lines are her trying to cover the slip-up. Yet another is that she's bidding farewell to Caroline, whom she has deleted (or at least says she has) but probably has yet to clean up other related files ("Maybe when I delete you/I'll stop feeling so bad").

"Well you have been replaced/I don't need anyone now" is actually pretty easy to unravel in comparison. She doesn't need anyone now because she has her two little co-op robots and their reassembly machine to keep her company, and they're not people. But then there's the ending to the co-op campaign, which implies that she still wants people around anyway. Again, she's probably just covering her bases because sentiment is subjective and therefore useless in the pursuit of objective Science.

Edited by Lythiaren

My assumptions to the end of the co-op campaign are just that she got bored with Atlas and P-Body. I feel like this is slowly evident throughout the entire campaign; she becomes less and less pleased with their results and the fact that they can never truly die. I believe she wants humans back primarily because she wants their fleshy mortality back.