sailing101

Portal 2

What's all this talk about PCs? Are there no console owners of Portal 2? huh.gif

Anyway, I just got it new online for 40 bucks for my 360. I was going through at a nice pace, but I got stuck. Oh well, probably just means I was playing too long. I'll approach it with fresh eyes tomorrow.

What caught me by surprise was the splitscreen co-op option. I'm so used to games nowadays milking consumers for all they're worth that it didn't even occur to me to check to see if splitscreen was an option. As a non-gold XBL account owner, and someone who would rather play with a friend in the same room, I was astounded.

Because PC is the way to go for Valve games. (Or games in general if you want my full opinion.)

So, because I do not feel like paying money, am a suckish PC gamer, and a lazy gamer in general, I just watched a walkthrough since I like the story aspect of a lot of games.

Portal 2 was amazing, and the co-op bots are lulzy.

I'm a total Wheatley fangirl, shoot me. XD:D Lookit!

Edited by scratcher_cat

I'm a total Wheatley fangirl, shoot me. XD:D Lookit!

Baaaah. That song is awesome. @__@ <33

I'm quite the Wheatley fangirl as well. <3 I luff him. D':

Edited by Switch

xd.png I seem to be the only one that kind of... doesn't fangirl over him.

He's entertaining, but... TEH ANNOYING. He's too much like one of my brothers. (Who.. happened to get Wheatley on the Co-operative testing initiative thing). ... I happened to get a certain sadistic computer...

Shoot me if you wish, Paine. I'm one of the fangirls of Wheatley too.

I'm not terribly fond of him, myself. When he stopped the elevator and called me selfish, I wanted to direct rockets into him to dislodge him from the GLaDOS body and chuck him into the Aperture Science Emergency Intelligence Incinerator. Moreso when he PUNCHED. ME. INTO. THAT. PIT.

Similarly, I wanted to shove GLaDOS back into her body the moment she started talking to me during the drop down the aforementioned pit. I kept trying to grab her and save her and felt like I'd failed her when I saw the bird carry her off.

I'm not terribly fond of him, myself. When he stopped the elevator and called me selfish, I wanted to direct rockets into him to dislodge him from the GLaDOS body and chuck him into the Aperture Science Emergency Intelligence Incinerator. Moreso when he PUNCHED. ME. INTO. THAT. PIT.

Similarly, I wanted to shove GLaDOS back into her body the moment she started talking to me during the drop down the aforementioned pit. I kept trying to grab her and save her and felt like I'd failed her when I saw the bird carry her off.

Same here.

... I wish they would have let you actually kill that bird. x3

Totally in agreement here. NO ONE PUSHES AROUND MY GLaDOS. ]:<

I kept trying to grab her and save her and felt like I'd failed her when I saw the bird carry her off.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who tried to grab her when they were falling down the pit.

Though, I also did my best to catch Wheatley when he detatched from his Management Rail.

As it turns out, the game won't let you, but Wheatley DID end up sitting on Chell's head for awhile. XD Did anyone else do that?

Wheatley's a rather fabulous hat, all the same.

When he did all that to me, Lyth, I was more like "NOOooo. D': Wheatleeeyyy...whhy ;__;"

I'm glad I'm not the only one who tried to grab her when they were falling down the pit.

Though, I also did my best to catch Wheatley when he detatched from his Management Rail.

As it turns out, the game won't let you, but Wheatley DID end up sitting on Chell's head for awhile. xd.png Did anyone else do that?

Wheatley's a rather fabulous hat, all the same.

When he did all that to me, Lyth, I was more like "NOOooo. D': Wheatleeeyyy...whhy ;__;"

Never happened to me, but I also tried to catch POTaDOS xd.png

And I will say, I loved it when she started yelling at Wheatley after he replaced her.

I also loved her attempts at planning to attack him xd.png

'We are going to march right back upstairs and make him put me back in my body! And he'll probably kill us, because he's incredibly powerful and I have no plan!' ... also, exploding with dignity.

Holy carp...I got the game Friday...just now finished single player (I couldn't play at all yesterday :C Don't want my dad to know just yet where the last of my spendin' moneys went)....one of the best games I've ever played o.o

But now I'm kinda sad it's over. |D It's like...a reaaally good movie that you're reeeaaaally into, but then you're extremely sad when it finally ends...

When GLaDOS kicked me out of the lab, I swear I wanted to turn around and jump back in. X3

And I liked Wheatley :/ (I also actually tried to catch him, but I just ended up kicking him |D )

When the bird carried GLaDOS away D: I would have killed it if I could. >.>

GLaDOS is my new hero X3

EDIT: spelling fail

Edited by Ali'i Makani Pahili

When GLaDOS kicked me out of the lab, I swear I wanted to turn around and jump back in. X3

Same x3

Really, I don't know why people say a Portal 3 with Chell is impossible... Aperture's probably the only place she has left, and she could very well like it there.

Weird... If you're shouting in caps lock GLaDOS should be typed glAdos, right?

Paine: I agree with you. I think they forgot "Borealis"...

Edited by caramba2654

OH YEAH, forgot to ask something...

If I were to install the game on another computer, would I be able to access my save files from said computer? >.>

And one more random trailing thought...when I saved the turret from "redemption", I was trying to carry it with me a little ways and I accidentally dropped it. I never felt so sad in my entire life. |D

Really, though, I like the turrets even though they try to kill you. :c

OH YEAH, forgot to ask something...

If I were to install the game on another computer, would I be able to access my save files from said computer? >.>

And one more random trailing thought...when I saved the turret from "redemption", I was trying to carry it with me a little ways and I accidentally dropped it. I never felt so sad in my entire life. |D

Really, though, I like the turrets even though they try to kill you. :c

If you're on steam, yes.

Weird... If you're shouting in caps lock GLaDOS should be typed glAdos, right?

Paine: I agree with you. I think they forgot "Borealis"...

Not really... You could find the drydock in Portal 2, and it's highly likely it'll be on of the first places you go in Half Life 2: Episode 3.

Personally, I actually like to think that Chell will show up there, too xd.png The right woman in the wrong place, anyone? And since she wouldn't be around robots that piss her off, she might even talk.

If you're on steam, yes.

awesome, thankies :3

'We are going to march right back upstairs and make him put me back in my body! And he'll probably kill us, because he's incredibly powerful and I have no plan!' ... also, exploding with dignity.

I want to explode with dignity. sad.gifsad.gifsad.gifsad.gifsad.gif

I wanted to jump out of the elevator too, but then I remembered the elevator was also encased in glass. I love you GLaDOS, please let me visit, I'll even bring companion cube and keep you company while you test as long as you don't turn on the neurotoxin. ;;

Yes Mr... Johnson... Wait, what am I saying? Whats going on he-*fizzle*

[some time later]

Okay, I guess emotional outbursts require more than 1.6 volts. Now we know that. >>

Edited by Lythiaren

I wanted to jump out of the elevator too, but then I remembered the elevator was also encased in glass. I love you GLaDOS, please let me visit, I'll even bring companion cube and keep you company while you test as long as you don't turn on the neurotoxin. ;;

I actually kinda wanted to stay in Aperture, too. XD It would've been fun to hang about Atlus and P-Body. I don't really know where else Chell has to go.

Though, I dunno how 'welcome' GLaDOS would've been to letting Chell stay.

I actually kinda wanted to stay in Aperture, too. xd.png It would've been fun to hang about Atlus and P-Body. I don't really know where else Chell has to go.

Though, I dunno how 'welcome' GLaDOS would've been to letting Chell stay.

xd.png

I actually want to draw a picture/little bit of flash fiction in a world where Chell did stay, and GLaDOS makes good on her promise of a birthday surprise...

You know, have it be in her chamber, all dimly lit (maybe the only major light coming from her... head? Eye? and the other robots/candle), with Atlas and P-Body to one side, maybe some turrets... a gurney with the cake, surrounded by several rather deadly looking medical instruments...

Pity I can't draw to save my life.

Edited by Dr. Paine

XD

I actually want to draw a picture/little bit of flash fiction in a world where Chell did stay, and GLaDOS makes good on her promise of a birthday surprise...

You know, have it be in her chamber, with Atlas and P-Body to one side, maybe some turrets... a gurney with the cake, surrounded by several rather deadly looking medical instruments...

Pity I can't draw to save my life.

Oh my. o.o;

Someone does need to draw that. D: I can't draw, either. x_x

Oh my. o.o;

Someone does need to draw that. D: I can't draw, either. x_x

If anyone here wants to draw that, they're welcome to, so long as I get to know about it xd.png

I can't draw humans to save my life. -.-'

But I would also like to see someone draw that. :3

I can't draw humans to save my life.  -.-'

But I would also like to see someone draw that.  :3

You don't need to if you draw from Chells perspective... wink.gif

Anyway, I've been reading lots of fanfics lately... Too much Wheatley, not enough GLaDOS. Kind of disappointed. I suppose it's to be expected, though... The moron does make me laugh.

I have to say, the speeches about the deadly pit and death 'option' were hilarious.

You don't need to if you draw from Chells perspective... wink.gif

Anyway, I've been reading lots of fanfics lately... Too much Wheatley, not enough GLaDOS. Kind of disappointed. I suppose it's to be expected, though... The moron does make me laugh.

I have to say, the speeches about the deadly pit and death 'option' were hilarious.

Yeah xd.png I liked Wheatley more as a villain than anything else.

Oh god, Portal fanfic... Everything's Chell/Wheatley, or Chell/GLaDOS or Atlas and P-body, almost always involving them becoming human.

WHY Dx Why is there so little good fic that focuses on... you know, some kind of story? Something interesting?

I've been trying to work out a good Portal fic that examines Chell before the test, and something after, probably working with 'Chell gets involved with the HL world'. It's fun to think about xd.png