sailing101

Portal 2

Cave Johnson is my hero now. XD

Edited by Lythiaren

Cave Johnson is my hero now. xd.png

Thisss ;D

I found a youtube video that has all his quotes just strung together (from the game files)

I could listen to that all dayyy xd.png

I like Wheatley far too much for my own good.

But--British accent! D:

But--British accent! D:

user posted image

Oh yeah, I need to get my Wheatleysnake into my sig.

So you're the one who asked for it? xd.png -saw Rhea mention it on her thread-

... I need one more Portal 2-themed thing for my sig. Preferably involving Chell or GLaDOS... No Wheatley D< Any suggestions?

But--British accent! D:

I love Wheatley, too. ;~; (Spoiler rambling): I wish he didn't have to be stranded in space. I wish his corruption just would have magically reversed itself after he was removed from GLaDOS's body. I wish I could have taken him with me up the elevator and to the surface, and escaped with him. Because I bloody love Wheatley.

I don't hate you, Wheatley. ;_; I forgive you.

/End crazy fan-rambling.

Pft.

Team GLaDOS FTW.

No way. Team Johnson all the way. You may have deadly neurotoxin, but we have no money deadly food additives, combustible lemons, mantis men, and tumors.

Plus, without Cave, GLaDOS wouldn't exist... So... tongue.gif

-K-

No way. Team Johnson all the way. You may have deadly neurotoxin, but we have no money deadly food additives, combustible lemons, mantis men, and tumors.

Plus, without Cave, GLaDOS wouldn't exist... So... tongue.gif

-K-

Yes, but GLaDOS never ran the company into the ground.

She just tests.

Plus, without Cave, GLaDOS wouldn't exist... So... :P

-K-

I have to say, that is probably my favorite line from Portal 2.

"For those of you who volunteered to be injected with Praying Mantis DNA, I've got some good news and some bad news."

<3 Cave Johnson.

I laughed so much when I heard it.

Hey. Hey guys. Guess what.

ZACH MADE IT SO I CAN PLAY PORTAL 2 YEEEEEEY. I don't even know how he did it but I don't care I CAN PLAAAYYY.

EDIT: Lol nope. The game is pretty much unplayable for me. I set the my settings as low as they could go.. and. Yeah. Everything is lag-city. Video, audio, everything. Looks like there will be no Portal 2 for Mella.

Edited by MellaBella

Yes, but GLaDOS never ran the company into the ground.

She just tests.

She never had a chance to. tongue.gif

But in that respect, Cave and GLaDOS are exactly the same. GLaDOS wouldn't be able to run a company in a profitable way either, since she wouldn't have the marketing skills to convince consumers to buy the products, encourage the workers to continue testing, and god help potential shareholders when she tries to pitch to them that Aperture is a good investment.

Basically, the only good thing about Cave and GLaDOS in regards to Aperture is the products they made for the purpose of testing, everything else involving business would be handled in the worst way possible... except maybe keeping Aperture from appearing to be the unholy abomination it is (though the lawsuits over Missing Astronauts and the fact that they had to pay off bums in a "don't ask, just test" way (and of course eventually resorting to in house testing possibly because of public backlash) doesn't inspire much hope in that regard).

Also, anyone else but me a little upset with the people bashing those that are still having fun with the Space core and "other old jokes"? I mean, I understand that the jokes aren't as funny the 50th time around, but the game hasn't even been out a MONTH yet, there's probably people (like Mella) that haven't beaten/bought the game yet, and when they reach those points in the game, they want to be a part of the fountain of memes like everyone else... I mean, I can understand being upset at "The cake is a lie", since it's definitely an old joke at this point (though I do believe Portal 2 will get some people who never played Portal 1 to go back), but just because someone beat the game the first day/week/etc of release doesn't make the material old for everyone, and say Portal 2 had been released a week before those people played it and OTHER people beat it before them. How much fun is it to go to discuss a game and how much you liked X character if there are people there to say "Yeah, I beat that game last week. It's really not funny anymore and you're being irritating by bringing up a dead meme"?

Really, I think people need to lighten up... Cave's lemons aren't any less funny just because tons of other people know about them, let the wave pass and you can go back to making your "witty" Portal 2 references that make you a hit among the hipster crowd, but don't rain on everyone else's parade for finding the game enjoyable when they finally get around to that part in the game/get the money to buy it.

/rant

-K-

Edited by Kamak

Aww, I'm sorry to hear that, Mella. I would go berserk if I had a game in my hands but unable to play it. >.<

I had no problems in getting mine running. Right after installation, I jumped into portals instantly. I started 4 days ago and was able to finish single player mode in 7 hours. o.O

This game was amazing. Despite being shy on Portal 1, this was a REALLY awesome game.

I now finally understand all of those jokes and memes you fans out there keep tossing about. Although the whole "cake" and "companion cube" is still a big question mark to me. huh.gif

And I thank you, Kamak, for your supportive criticism.

The cake thing is from the ratman dens in Portal 1. There were scribbles on the walls that said "The cake is a lie." over and over again. XD

As for companion cube, that was Portal 1 level.... 17? It was a long chamber that required carrying a cube around to help us solve everything.

Edited by Lythiaren

I now finally understand all of those jokes and memes you fans out there keep tossing about.  Although the whole "cake" and "companion cube" is still a big question mark to me.  huh.gif

And I thank you, Kamak, for your supportive criticism.

The cake and companion cube jokes have to do with them being the major focus of the first game.

The cake was the thing promised to you by GLaDOS (who may or may not have been lying about it... for some reason, there's tons of discussion over the cake actually being a lie or not), but halfway through the first game it's a major revelation that she may be lying to you about the cake (at this point, GLaDOS is just a voice, so you really don't think to question the motives and morality of the person giving you directions tongue.gif). Naturally, "cake" has come to symbolize empty promises... especially those that will lead you to your death. And the joke becomes even more humorous in other games where you're promised "cake", and you believe there's going to be a twist somewhere... (the VGCats comic of Mario comes to mind). tongue.gif

The companion cube was in the game to make it harder, meaning you basically were forced to carry the cube through a section of the game rather than getting one respwned for every puzzle for easy access. To make this work, the game had to make you sort of attached to the cube, which worked with the bonus of proving that GLaDOS was "evil". You were forced to "euthanize" your companion cube near the end of that section... and then congratulated for doing it faster than any previous test subject...

So naturally, fans love and feel bad for the companion cube... and of course at the end of Portal 2, you find out that it's "Still Alive" *shot*

At this point, I think most of what I said applies to "It Was His Sled" territory, so nothing that really needs to be blanked out... though I hope people who played Portal 1 aren't entirely bored of me explaining it... :/

And you're welcome. I know how much fun I had with the jokes after playing, and I certainly don't want anyone who has just finished the game to feel as if they can't express how much they liked it just because other people have grown bored of it or think it's become "overrated". Everyone should be able to have fun with this game and the many laughs it has, so I feel like the "late comers" (can we even say that when the game hasn't been out for a month yet?) need some defense. tongue.gif

-K-

Edited by Kamak

Cake is good. But when promised too and get nothing... disappointment. dry.gif

I was slightly teased at with the cube somewhere in the early start of the game. Saw it and GLaDOS decided to taunt me with it. I was going to get her back by taking it with me but in spite of her warning, I did exactly what she said. Reverse psychology? I don't know. But I'll soon find out once I get back there again. NO SPOILERS! But that last scene with the cube was just "wat?". Something I need to experience myself in Portal 1 to understand it fully.

Besides going through the whole single player mode again, I'll get into co-op when I get the chance. It looks more challenging.

Edited by Sombreon

Erik Wolpaw lecture at NYU. Pretty much an hour and change talking about Portal 2.

Among many other things, it appears the writers didn't actually have much input on Cara Mia, that was just McLain and their music guy.

Enjoy.

Edited by Dr. Paine

The whole cake thing is what made me want nothing to do with the first game, actually. Unfortunately, people are already being "clever" and "funny" by quoting this game... agh.