Bear

Abortion

Did I not say emotionally in that as well, I also put in adopted or bio.

I've heard stories of women who wanted abortions because their partners tampered with birth control and were denied them, most of them ended in suicides

And who said anything about a incubator?

I believe I said finactually multiple times

money could= surrogate .

hell I'm actually a little jelous you managed to get yours tied that young.

This is not true. You can go through any dozen supermarket eggs and find fertilized ones.

You are correct. The would-be twin became a mass. She could have saved her life

I have been pregnant. I have known what it was like to consider abortion. I can judge her, because she made that decision, according to HER, on what was easiest for HER, knowing that in the long run, she would be hurting me.

You're basically saying those intelligent enough to know they could get pregnant, how not to, and didn't bother.  Statistically, that's about 8%

Yes, some of those eggs have been frertilized.

I now understand why you feel the way you do about your mother, and I am so sorry honey.

Quote Below

You're basically saying those intelligent enough to know they could get pregnant, how not to, and didn't bother. Statistically, that's about 8%

Yes, that is what I am saying, I sorry. If they know how not to get pregnant, and took no precautions and got an abortion, that upsets me.

Edited by ~Kat~

I am one example and all of my friends adore and love theirs. My son is about to get married to a wonderful female who has 4 children and they love him and he loves them. You would think he was their biological father if you did not know he wasn't.

I think a lot of it can be boiled down to something like this, a perspective bias (totally wrong word but I can't think of the actual name) that says "my experience was completely nice and awesome, that's how it must be for everybody!" Sadly most people refuse anything to the contrary, so thank you Kat, for listening.

I'll throw my hat in with the "wish I had been aborted crowd."

I'm third-ing this. I had a big post about why, don't feel like retyping.

I knew about contraception from the age of 7. My parents made damn sure I did.

I took precautions.

Contraception can fail.

It did.

I had an abortion.

So shoot me. At 19 and in college, I really don't think having a baby would have been kind to the baby - and I know too many people who went through the no biological parent available system (adoption, fostering, children's homes etc) system to wish that on anyone.

My two daughters know all about this and haven't blasted me for it.

I have signally failed to be traumatised.

No-one has ever tried to make me feel guilty about it.

I do not GET this thread. It is such a personal thing. Even with those too lazy or ignorant (sex ed in many countries - NOTABLY the US! - is appalling) to take precautions.

Is not wanting to have kids really all that selfish? I don't think I am; they're just not my bowl of cheerios.

I think that depends totally on what the person thinks of themself.

For my part, my reasons are completely selfish, even if not all my reasons may be selfish. I don't believe that makes my decision wrong or wrong for me, I'm just not ashamed to say that I do have selfish reasons.

Does that mean I would call anyone else selfish for wanting or not wanting to have kids? No; that is none of my business and it's not my place. ^^

I think that depends totally on what the person thinks of themself.

For my part, my reasons are completely selfish, even if not all my reasons may be selfish. I don't believe that makes my decision wrong or wrong for me, I'm just not ashamed to say that I do have selfish reasons.

Does that mean I would call anyone else selfish for wanting or not wanting to have kids? No; that is none of my business and it's not my place. ^^

I do not think it is selfish not wanting children at all.

When I got married I did not think I wanted children at the time because I had a very busy life. I knew I wanted them down the road, but I was getting on up in age. So we had our first and I loved being pregnant and feeling my baby move. Yes I was scared when child birth came, but it was not bad, something you forget, or I did, but I also had a great dr. I also went on and had another wonderful baby.

People can label it as selfish, but I do not think it is really that. Some people just do not want children and that is ok.

I now can not imagine my life without my children. But if I had never had children, I would not have known what I missed. So if I had not have had children, it would not have botherd me.

So none of you should feel bad about not wanting to have children, or let anyone make you feel guilty. I have said before, I have a friend that she and her husband do not want children, and their animals are their children.

fuzzbucket

You used precaution and it failed. I see nothing wrong with you having an abortion. sometimes protection fails. I still stand by what I have said, I feel it is wrong for people that have sex, and know how not to get pregnant, and will not use a precaution is wrong. It just does not make sense to me.

NixAyum

You are welcome.

fuzzbucket

You used precaution and it failed. I see nothing wrong with you having an abortion. sometimes protection fails. I still stand by what I have said, I feel it is wrong for people that have sex, and know how not to get pregnant, and will not use a precaution is wrong. It just does not make sense to me.

It may not make sense to you - but it IS better than the alternative - a baby who gets stuck in a system that is totally broken.

Even leaving aside the comparative health risks to - say - a young girl whose body may not be up to carrying a child to term - why inflict the punishment of ending up in that system on the innocent baby, however feckless its parents may have been ? (And of course - the FATHER always gets off scot free... that annoys me....)

I do not think it is selfish not wanting children at all.

That's not my selfish reason, but I greatly appreciate your whole post. <3

http://www.quotev.com/26157389/journal/292733/Abortion/

i find that ^^ sad

But if you have to do it you have to do it. it is your choice.

I had two friends that accidentally got pregnant. One got an abortion, one gave it up for adoption. Both suicided. I see that and wonder if someone gave them something similar, and that is what pushed them over the edge. It's very cruel guilt trip.

Call me sick, but I never feel sad when I read those things. They make me laugh at the obvious play on emotion and science fails. And then I feel compelled to correct them.

I had two friends that accidentally got pregnant. One got an abortion, one gave it up for adoption. Both suicided. I see that and wonder if someone gave them something similar, and that is what pushed them over the edge. It's very cruel guilt trip.

yeah i guess. How did they “accidentally” get pregnant because I mean if they did stuff that could get you pregnant then is it really an accident.

ok but this is my opinion

i am not against abortion because sometimes people have to do it. like there body cant handle having a child in them or something,

but i am against it because if you don’t want a baby then why did you do the stuff that makes babys.

ok don't get mad at me or something because what I said it is just my opinion you have your own. Everyone has a different opinion.

yeah i guess. How did they “accidentally” get pregnant because I mean if they did stuff that could get you pregnant then is it really an accident.

Yes, because people don't always have sex with the intent to get pregnant. Usually, it's for bonding. Or just for fun.

but i am against it because if you don’t want a baby then why did you do the stuff that makes babys.

See above.

People have hidden oestrus - i.e., you can't tell when someone is fertile, similar to bonobos, which have a lot of sex as means of socialization, which already points that by evolutionary design sex has a secondary role for reproduction in humans and a primary role in social bonding.

But from the way you write it, I take it that you haven't been in a relationship.

Edited by lightbird

Call me sick, but I never feel sad when I read those things. They make me laugh at the obvious play on emotion and science fails. And then I feel compelled to correct them.

Nah, I don't think that's sick, it's clearly propaganda designed to guilt-trip people.

I feel bad because I tend to be weak against things made to screw with your emotions even though I know it's a guilt-trip technique, but I also feel sad because I know that people are showing that to people and guilting them into having a child they don't want.

Some people honestly don't know that unprotected sex will cause babies, because education in some places is just that terrible.

Others use faulty methods, such as the pull-out method or have incorrect beliefs about when a human female is most fertile and thus most likely to be pregnant.

Others use protection but do so incorrectly, not knowing the right and wrong way to use things.

Others use protection but it fails.

i am not against abortion because sometimes people have to do it. like there body cant handle having a child in them or something,

ok don't get mad at me or something because what I said it is just my opinion you have your own. Everyone has a different opinion.

Great point.

No I did not feel it is an accident myself most times. Those people are living for the moment because it feels good and probably think oh, I can get an abortion. (Ok, before you all attack me, I am am talking about the people who know how not to get pregnant but will not use any form of birth control. I am not talking about the people who have never been taught you can get pregnant) We have a brain to think with that puts us higher than most things.

For every action there is a reaction that happens most of the time.

A lot of people have sense that they know how getting pregnant happens, but don't care. Can none of you at least agree to that? I have had a friend whose son got a girl pregnant, and he knew better, but they are paying the price now, but are still kids trying to grow up. Nether one of them wanted to abort the child, but want more out of life like right now, it will just come later than they wanted is all, even after his parents talking to both of them. It just felt to good in the moment what was said, and they did not think she could get pregnant that one time. Seems careless to me. One, they should not have been doing this in the first place.

Lets say I want a dress I see in a store but do not want to pay for it, should I steal it!!! Lets say when I was growing up and my parents told me not to take the car, should I sneak and take it anyway. Should I not have to pay a price for doing something I was told not to do? Some people want to play grown ups that are to young and still depend on their parents. There are consequences when you are bad or do what you are not suppose to be doing. Taking responsiblity is the key here.

Please know I am not talking about any of you with my comments up above.

That is the thing, just for fun can lead to trouble if you do not take precautions. I know if one of my sons came home and told me they got a girl pregnant, I would be mad as heck, because they know all about the birds and the bees. I would tell my own children, how disappointed, (and a few more things I will not repeat here, lol) I was in them after knowing all they know about sex.

I am not against abortion either if it is used for the right purpose. I will not go into it, click on my name and see what I have posted about this subject if you want to know please before you attack me to hard.

http://www.quotev.com/26157389/journal/292733/Abortion/

The link above, I do not feel this is a bull story at all. Since I have had 2 children and if I was raped, I would not have an abortion myself. I know how wonderful children are. Just because I do, does not mean you do and I understand that. So if you can, have a little understanding for others as I have for any of you please. It goes both ways.

The above link is a guilt trip to some people and for others it is not. I can understand why some of you might say that. If you do not want children, you just don't and there is nothing wrong with it. Yes, some of the precautions fail, I have no problem people having an abortion if the protection you use fails at all.

When I was younger, and not married, I took precautions, but I did not have a lot of sex for social bonding, nor for reproduction. I did not have the need for all that type of bonding. I wanted only one person, and that was the guy I was dating. I held myself and body to higher standards for myself. I am not putting any of you down at all by saying this about myself. If people want to bond like that, I have no problem with it, but not all people do that type of thing. Again understansding both sides.

I am not going to judge for people doing what they want, but I feel being responsible goes along with it.

There are consequences when you are bad or do what you are not suppose to be doing.

So, a child should be considered a punishment? Seems like a pretty crappy thing to do to someone, parent and child.

Taking responsiblity is the key here.

To some, getting an abortion is taking responsibility, rather than throwing it into a very broken adoption system or raising it when they know they can't care for it.

I am not against abortion either if it is used for the right purpose.

Well, what is the right purpose? I know you don't want to make it illegal, but there are many who do. Why should any person get to decide what the "right purpose" is?

I held myself and body to higher standards for myself.

Someone can be promiscuous and still hold themself to high standards.

Edited by St. Jimmy

It's more than for just "making babies" Understand this

Taking responsiblity is the key here.

Abortion is taking responsibility

There are consequences when you are bad or do what you are not suppose to be doing.

When you are bad, eh? "Your parents were being bad and naughty, so you're their punishment." That's a horrible thought

See my post above. Contraception can fail.

And that journal thing is JUST propaganda and could really damage girls who NEED to get an abortion, for whatever reason.

Because it's fun, and a good way to emotionally connect with someone.

Because it's fun, and a good way to emotionally connect with someone.

That too ! rolleyes.gif

~Kat~ - now that you have your two children, do you never make love any more ? Have you actually given up penetrative sex ? Or been sterilised, maybe ? If not.... accidents can happen, and you have already said you cannot afford another child - so what would you do ?

Edited by fuzzbucket

I can not have anymore children, so I do not have to take any contraceptives.

As a matter of fact, a year after I was married, I went off contraceptives, but we made sure not to get pregnant. There are so many ways not to get pregnant, and you do not have to abstain form sex either. If people would do research, you would find you do not have to use anything to be safe.

How do you come up with thinking I am not intimate, laugh.gif

If people would do research, you would find you do not have to use anything to be safe.

But it is safer to use contraceptives ;~)

But it is safer to use contraceptives ;~)

Yes, I can agree that it is safer to use contraceptives.

But like I said, I never had a problem not using contraceptives.

I am just glad my parents taught me to be a responsible person. It saves me from making mistakes, hurting or disappointing a lot of people in all walks of my life, that has nothing to do with sex.

GhostChilli

For people who know how not to get pregnant, but do, I do not feel that is taking responsibility to have an abortion when they could have prevernted it in the first place. Can you not agree?

Edited by ~Kat~