Bear

Abortion

Abortion saves always two lives:

The one of the mother, who takes back control over thier life and choose what they want for it.

And that of the child, who would else be born unwanted, hated or in a condition not suitable for living.

Why else would a mother want an abortion? Its not for hecks and giggles like "lol, lets get me pregnant and abort right away!1!"

Its because something bad happend they might had no control over (broken/sabotaged condom; rape; medical complication; being hemophilia; etc.) that lead to this.

It also still allowes future children to happen at the right time and/or with the right partner. (i am such child myself)

I would rather much see a wanted & loved child than a unwanted child that is thrown into the world because a woman was denied the right to abort.

Edited by Yubelchen
Corrected speech

On 10/22/2019 at 9:17 AM, WerewolfNight said:

I think abortion is very wrong. Most people with disabilities are aborted. I am a person with a disability. We are all children of god and we are made perfect in his image. I know everyone may not be Christian but this is my view on it. I am also a big advocate for people with disabilities. We are all important in this world.

My mother works with mentally disabled people and while I feel sorry for them, I know that I myself cannot handle it. If I had become pregnant with a child and it had a disability, I would choose abortion. I could not handle that at all, I don't want them living a life where it may be pure misery depending on the disease and I don't trust adoption agencies or foster homes after hearing of the amount of abusive ones and the fact it seems impossible to adopt half the time.

It honestly does not matter if you are christian or not. I'm more concerned about how it effects my life, as someone who does not want children currently, and their life as they are the ones who have to deal with this their entire life, even after I am gone.

Edited by demonicvampiregirl

2 hours ago, demonicvampiregirl said:

My mother works with mentally disabled people and while I feel sorry for them, I know that I myself cannot handle it. If I had become pregnant with a child and it had a disability, I would choose abortion. I could not handle that at all, I don't want them living a life where it may be pure misery depending on the disease and I don't trust adoption agencies or foster homes after hearing of the amount of abusive ones and the fact it seems impossible to adopt half the time.

It honestly does not matter if you are christian or not. I'm more concerned about how it effects my life, as someone who does not want children currently, and their life as they are the ones who have to deal with this their entire life, even after I am gone.

That last part. Most pro-lifers never give a thought to that. How being forced to carry a baby you don't want and/or can't provide for will affect the baby later in life. It's a common refrain that 'pro-lifers' are actually only pro-birth, because no one seems to consider or care what happens to that baby *after* the forced birth. Being raised by someone who never wanted it in the first place, being *told* they are unwanted... Or being 'raised' by someone who simply *can't* raise a child properly, for mental or physical reasons, never getting held or hugged, being confined to a bedroom most of the time because the parent simply doesn't know what else to do... Oh, well the parent can just toss them into the adoption/foster system, right? That's even worse. The number of children who grow up in that system wishing they were dead, the number of foster children who actually attempt suicide (a *child*, some as young as 5 freaking years old, attempting suicide!), the number of children that get severely abused in the system.... 

No one seems to care about any of that when they are pushing for women to give birth. All life is sacred, all life matters.... Until it doesn't. Until it's born, then their work is done and who cares what actually happens to that kid. 

23 hours ago, HeatherMarie said:

That last part. Most pro-lifers never give a thought to that. How being forced to carry a baby you don't want and/or can't provide for will affect the baby later in life. It's a common refrain that 'pro-lifers' are actually only pro-birth, because no one seems to consider or care what happens to that baby *after* the forced birth. Being raised by someone who never wanted it in the first place, being *told* they are unwanted... Or being 'raised' by someone who simply *can't* raise a child properly, for mental or physical reasons, never getting held or hugged, being confined to a bedroom most of the time because the parent simply doesn't know what else to do... Oh, well the parent can just toss them into the adoption/foster system, right? That's even worse. The number of children who grow up in that system wishing they were dead, the number of foster children who actually attempt suicide (a *child*, some as young as 5 freaking years old, attempting suicide!), the number of children that get severely abused in the system.... 

No one seems to care about any of that when they are pushing for women to give birth. All life is sacred, all life matters.... Until it doesn't. Until it's born, then their work is done and who cares what actually happens to that kid. 

THANK YOU. ONE MORE TIME FOR THE PPL IN THE BACK.

As a disabled person, I know what if feels like to be unwanted from a parent because I was born "wrong" and was "unwanted". Growing up I wished my mother just ignored my father and aborted me because ppl like my father made me feel like a burden because I was too much work. He forced her to carry me knowing something was wrong, then when I was born disabled was SHOCKED and angry. They couldn't afford a sick child and he didn't want to raise one. This could have been prevented if he let my mother get an abortion. The abuse I suffered from him messed me up for a long time. Now, in 2019, I've cut him off going on four years and I live happily with my mom. I'm glad she had me. But I never forget what brought me here, and in school, for the handicapped, I knew other kids just like me. Suffering. And some are no longer here because they couldn't handle it anymore. Pro-lifers are all for the baby TIL it's born. After birth, your on your own. Don't ask for handouts either, because you are a burden to the government. This is why women need a choice. It's not just for the mother, it's also for the fetus. Cause chances are, their future is going to be full of suffering.

I've yet to see an argument against abortion that didn't boil down to being a religious argument. Most commonly, "As a Christian, I believe..."

I'm a member of a minority region. Worldwide, there's roughly 100,000ish members of my religion -- compared to the roughly 240 million Christians in just the United States. My religious beliefs are just as valid, but they're not being treated as such because in the United States, "As a Christian, I believe..." gets to steamroll over my religious beliefs on every topic. Especially abortion. 

Here's how it's supposed to work: 

• I can't do this because of my religion 
  • I must do this because of my region.

NOT 

• You can't do this because of my religion
  • You must do this because of my region

If you feel as a member of your religion that you can't have an abortion, then don't get one. That's perfectly right. But don't tell me I can't practice my religious beliefs because of yours.

I am pro-choice because it should boil down to what the pregnant lady wants. I get that maybe sometimes the father may grow attached, but ultimately it won’t be his body undergoing the process of child birth and pregnancy (as someone with a mild phobia of this, I cant see it in any other way than horrific but thats me lol). 

Also, time and time again humanity proved bans and stigma won’t stop stuff from happening. Illegal drugs for example. Stigmatised? Yes. Illegal? Duh. In some places carrying can give sentences longer than more horrific crimes which is so unjust. But people still use it. And it puts them in more danger than if it were legal, regulated and de-stigmatised. Why? Well some people are afraid to admit they are users and need help, the stigma, fear of being shunned from family, fear of arrest. They may use and be afraid to tell doctors, afraid of any gossip and judgement (someone OD’d while I was at col and damn did that have a lot of gossip for the poor girl). 

Its the same for abortion, you ban it and only increase risky methods of abortion, therefore endangering those getting them. Even so, when its legal the stigma is there. Those undergoing abortion have to watch videos of babies to change their mind, a bit of manipulation, isn’t that nice. 

Those who see nothing wrong, imagine if you weren’t allowed to carry a pregnancy to term all of a sudden. 

Imagine. You are a very maternal woman, and for so long you have wanted a second child. You are an excellent mother already to one child, and now is the right time for another child. Eventually, after some perseverance you become pregnant. You are overjoyed, and begin to plan a wicked baby shower. You even name your soon to be baby becoming SUPER attached and siked for it. 

But, a new law comes in. Due to overpopulation, all second pregnancies from x date and beyond are to be terminated, which affects yours. This is a permanent ban on second pregnancies. And failure to terminate willingly means being locked up in jail for life, shunned and booed by a hefty proportion of society. 

Some random people, whom has never met you, or likely any woman in their entire life, have decided FOR you that no, you can’t have this. Takes away YOUR choice, your right to choose whether you want to birth a child or not. Takes away what you wanted in life as you know it. So what would you do to get your right to choose back?

Even if our hypothetical woman were in a place with choice, if it were treated like abortions, she would be forced to watch videos displaying the effect of overpopulation, before even being allowed to continue with pregnancy. Like how those aborting have to watch baby videos to try to change their mind. 

The inability to choose is why desperate people affected by abortion bans crash their cars. In this hypothetical scenario I made up who knows what this woman would do to keep her pregnancy. Obtain fake IDs from the black market for her soon to be baby or her family to escape the country? Have a home birth and keep away from all doctor intervention, which could save her life, plant the child in a bush to retrieve later? Who can blame her. Whatever she would do, it would be tragic, depressing and oppressive, just like what people do to try to get around abortion bans. 

Apologies if the comparison is crude but its honestly the only way I think you can get through to people with more extreme views. Your body, your choice! None ever said ‘your body their choice’ that is considered inhumane in almost all contexts, pregnancy and abortion is one of them and should be regarded as such by everyone. 

On 11/30/2019 at 2:57 PM, purplehaze said:

How crazy can they get?

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2019/nov/29/ohio-extreme-abortion-bill-reimplant-ectopic-pregnancy

Proposed legislation in Ohio would require doctors to do the impossible or face "abortion murder" charges.

Well, as long as we're talking medically impossible, I propose re-implanting the ectopic pregnancies into the men writing these laws!

35 minutes ago, Aqub said:

Well, as long as we're talking medically impossible, I propose re-implanting the ectopic pregnancies into the men writing these laws!

Not a bad idea! Unfortunately at least one of those sponsoring this law is a woman, but I guess the same could go for her.

I'm sure many of the women who have ectopic pregnancies wish it were possible to re-implant them. It can be heartbreaking, just like a miscarriage, and the pregnancy may be very much a wanted one. How it can be compared to an abortion I do not understand!

Edited by purplehaze