TJ09

2022-05-21 - Dragon Cave's 16th Birthday!

4 minutes ago, BubblesAreShiny said:

Hm... some of these eggs have suspiciously DnD themes too, what with the "reckless" pygmy (barbarian, anyone?), the shady one evoking the idea of a rogue. The green one has leaves -> druid, lightning one sorcerer? Not sure about the breezy one, the gold bits look kind of like a knight helmet though, so maybe paladin or something, or the tapping one. Interested to see what they become! And, of course, how to get the fancy one on the end. 👀

this is super smart

Trying so hard to think about possibilities and rule others out, but brain is crashing. It's after 1 AM where I'm at, and I've been up since 8 AM. I hate crashing, because this is fun to try and figure out, but it's like trying to start an engine with a dying battery. I'm going to have to call it a night. I wish everyone luck with the hunt and this massive mystery. 

36 minutes ago, WWECornSerpent said:

I find the artwork in TJ's opening post of interest...2 dragons with evil grins shooting what appears to be "dragon craps", which might indicate there is some sort of a gamble you need to take to get that 7th egg.  Or maybe I'm just tired from staying up late to grab the new releases (got one of each except for that currently elusive 7th egg).

It's a Dungeons and Dragons reference, not craps. Adventuring is also the main component of a "DnD campaign" just a little nod to TJ's clue. One of the dice they are rolling is a "D20" just meaning a 20 sided die, another thing you use in the game :)

Sorry, just realized there were quite a few replies to this.. wasn't trying to pile on.

Edited by boscodelta

Decided to try Stat x Pit Fire, just for the heck of it since somebody mentioned the description made them think of the Pits.  Pharos egg result.

Brain's a bit too fried these days to come up with idea myself, but I'm happy to test breedings that I have dragons for if people spit out ideas!

But, I'm still not convinced it's a simple hybrid.  I suppose the adventure is in "figuring out which breeds are needed" (and, hey, maybe its a very specific breeding like a male of one breed and a female of another?) but I'm not totally convinced that there isn't some other mechanic we need to figure out.  That or the adventure is "wait until all the release dragons are grown up then you can summon one with them" but we won't be able to know that for a week or so...

Im egglocked but I wouldn't be able to grab em all anyways since I can only hold 4 eggs atm lol

10 minutes ago, missy_ said:

Happy birthday.

But nothing is dropping at the 5-minute mark ...

They are dropping, just going super fast! I can barely get two refreshes in. 

..... And I forgot which biomes I'd already grabbed something in and accidentally grabbed a 2nd 'cold lightning' egg, dang. I'm almost there though, only need a Jungle one!

Maybe I've just been lucky, but I have managed to grab one of each -- one at the 1am drop and another at each of the 5 minute drops after that.

I will fog them all and head off to bed now. I am never any good at thinking even about hybrids, let along other tricky mechanics that might be involved for the 7th egg, so I will leave that up to others.

Also just throwing my theory out there, I kind of doubt that you'd need all of the other drops in order to get the mystery egg. I think the DnD reference is a fun thing incorporated as a clue that doesn't necessarily include the other eggs. Either 7+ different artists all contributed to make their own dragons and their own descriptions respectively got together and decided they would all be connected or were PM'd to group them all together for this purpose... it seems unlikely that that would be how you get the extra egg.  

what a busy release! took me until the top of the hour to grab one of each of the main six.

the seventh could be a hybrid, but i like the idea that it might be a summon from the other six, once they're adults...

i'm thinking the message in the announcement might not be that cryptic after all: "what sort of adventures will you need to go on in order to obtain that one" could very well just be a hint that we need to "adventure" to all of the other biomes to collect everything else in order to summon!

They only appears for 1 second. 😂 Still trying to catch any NR...:iraptor:

Edit: Got forest one by using smartphone. Seem that my computer is slowly.:ph34r:

Edited by D-wing

I believe I’m out for the night, I’ll have to try and catch the Forest egg tomorrow. It’s getting close to 3am and I should really go to bed.

Happy birthday DC! Still haven't got any eggs but pretty excited about the DnD reference. 😄

Happy birthday, Dragon Cave! Thank you, TJ, for this wonderful game and community! A big thank you to all sprinters for all the wonderful dragons!

My hunt for the new eggs will probably have to wait till tonight, so I hope the old ones aren't mixed in too easy 😀

I'm curious about the seventh egg!

Happy hunting, everyone!

Happy hunting everyone!

I forgot the anniversary was today, and this is a wonderful surprise to wake up to. The eggs look awesome!

Uh oh, time for me to not be able to grab any new eggs because they go away way too fast

Happy B-day DC!

Now to get me some eggs! ...Eventually.

1 hour ago, HeatherMarie said:

This is so interesting, if I think about it I realize I remember most every single new release that I've been around for (even though my memory about real-life experiences often sucks!). 

XD Same here!

48 minutes ago, shiny-wurmple said:

Happy 16th birthday Dragcave, you're finally old enough for a driver's license 😛

Good one! :D

Happy Birthday, Dragon Cave! May you be around for many more!

These eggs sure do go fast! I'm not usually around at this stage of a drop.

18 minutes ago, boscodelta said:

Also just throwing my theory out there, I kind of doubt that you'd need all of the other drops in order to get the mystery egg. I think the DnD reference is a fun thing incorporated as a clue that doesn't necessarily include the other eggs. Either 7+ different artists all contributed to make their own dragons and their own descriptions respectively got together and decided they would all be connected or were PM'd to group them all together for this purpose... it seems unlikely that that would be how you get the extra egg.  

There's also the chance that these were deliberately made in secret specifically for the birthday drop, however 

I don't know how likely that is, but we can't entirely rule it out unless somebody recognizes one or more of the eggs.

1 minute ago, Shinketsu_Karasu said:

Has anyone done a vampire check on the eggs(not the pygmy, obviously) to see if there are any two-headed? :D

Somebody did a few pages back, there are not any.

Finally was able to snag one of each of the six that are dropping in the biomes. In love with the design of that Jungle egg... can't wait to see how the adult looks!

Calling it at night! Happy hunting, all!

Love that the eggs on the DM screen are the 6 new biome ones.

Edit: Picked my hubby's DnD brain for possible classes

Cold Lightning - Storm Sorcerer / Warlock

Shady Egg - Rogue

Reckless - Barbarian

Refreshing Breeze egg - Druid / Monk

Delicate Markings - Druid / Ranger

Taps back - Bard

Edited by Dinala1641882

Who else remembers back in the day there was no biomes. You had three eggs slots.