The Fifth Element

The Fifth Element Lineage

This is so awesome! I am so excited to see this, it makes it so easy to see what's needed!

So in the future, will we be able to edit ourselves, or will that be too chaotic? Should we post new milestones here?

I think posting them to the lineage is still a good idea, so that people see the milestones being claimed. Or something.

I'm in favor of editing them ourselves, but maybe we should put them on our individual spreadsheets and just have one person do it? Since that could get chaotic, maybe.

Edited by silver_chan

I think, for the future it's best to keep posting Milestones here just like we did before, and have a few milestone-mods who copy stuff over to the Milestone Mastersheet. I'd hate to not see milestones here anymore since they are there to mark accomplishments. And also, this should avoid confusion.

From my experience so far, it's really not that much work - it's not like we get dozens of Milestone posts every day (though we might, temporarily, until everything is settled tongue.gif).

So, when I'm around, I'm happy to do the copying-over. I just need some backup for times when I'm not around. tongue.gif

silver-chan, BlueCanary1, would you be interested? xd.png

Once everything is fixed (maybe after 5ecret 5anta?), we can discuss what to do about older milestones. smile.gif

(Until then, maybe ask the intended giftee whether they still want what they originally requested, especially for commons?)

Edited by Lastalda

Milestone gifted!

GIFTER: airaani

RECEIVER: Grandmother_cathie

GIFT: CB neotropical

MILESTONE: 15 Neotropicals

Added to the Mastersheet.

I also checked-against-spreadsheet deblogan's dragons. smile.gif

And I did some polishing on the Milestone Mastersheet, especially consistent naming of achievements and halfway consistent capitalization (because I can be an order fetishist like that xd.png). smile.gif

New release in every biome! I'm really hoping these might make it into the lineage, the description says something about mana coursing through the egg.

New release in every biome! I'm really hoping these might make it into the lineage, the description says something about mana coursing through the egg.

yep! I was thinking the same thing. I'm having a time of it catching them, though..... And it's so hard to only click on one in each biome.

Edited by Grandmother_cathie

And it's so hard to only click on one in each biome.

I'm going for a pair from each biome (and the other biomes when the first bacth hatches).

What works best for me is filling all slots except the 2 I want to catch with AP eggs, then click through the mass drop (the 5 minute drops worked well for me), then abandon the next 2 eggs and go for the next biome.

I now have one pair from Volcano, Alpine and Forest. Hopefully they won't vanish too fast and the rest will still be catchable in 2 days... xd.png

I'm going for a pair from each biome (and the other biomes when the first bacth hatches).

What works best for me is filling all slots except the 2 I want to catch with AP eggs, then click through the mass drop (the 5 minute drops worked well for me), then abandon the next 2 eggs and go for the next biome.

I now have one pair from Volcano, Alpine and Forest. Hopefully they won't vanish too fast and the rest will still be catchable in 2 days... xd.png

Oh ohmy.gif i hope they don't disappear to fast i need to get 120 of them blink.gif and at this moment of time i am the proud owner of one huh.gif

Oh ohmy.gif i hope they don't disappear to fast i need to get 120 of them blink.gif and at this moment of time i am the proud owner of one huh.gif

I only have four! I really hope these guys stay relatively common, my heart would break if they became rare-ish.

They seem quite easy to catch now, so I really hope they'll be commons! (I generally wish all breeds were equally common, though. xd.png)

120?!?! I'm glad I was only hoping for a pair from each biome to start with.

120?!?! I'm glad I was only hoping for a pair from each biome to start with.

its going to take a lot longer than i would like sad.gif i have all CB in 10 pairs oh why did i have to do something like this rolleyes.gif going to keep me busy for next year me thinks biggrin.gif

its going to take a lot longer than i would like sad.gif i have all CB in 10 pairs oh why did i have to do something like this rolleyes.gif going to keep me busy for next year me thinks biggrin.gif

... I do not envy you. Especially since 10 CB pairs of every dragon sounds like such a reasonable goal! These seem to have disappeared entirely since regular drops started. D: I've only been able to catch one since new drops started back up. (Luckily, I was able to manage at least one of each when they were exclusive)

I'm hoping these turn out to be elemental, though! They're absolutely gorgeous so far, and the mana and magic in the descriptions is encouraging. 8D

... I do not envy you. Especially since 10 CB pairs of every dragon sounds like such a reasonable goal! These seem to have disappeared entirely since regular drops started. D: I've only been able to catch one since new drops started back up. (Luckily, I was able to manage at least one of each when they were exclusive)

I'm hoping these turn out to be elemental, though! They're absolutely gorgeous so far, and the mana and magic in the descriptions is encouraging. 8D

Yeah but the birthday dragons did this too. They entirely vanished for a few days, and then they bounced back and became cave blocker common. I'm reaaaaally hoping that's what'll happen to these guys.

...also I feel you on the 10 CBs, I have that as my goal too. I'm sure we'll get there eventually, since I really really hope these guys won't end up like the Coppers. I could live with them pulling a Tsunami on us, though.

They've started to grow!

Originating from a single species that thrived in ancient times, Xenowyrms have become an incredibly diverse breed whose appearances vary depending on their habitats. Each Xenowyrm subspecies is heavily reliant on the power of different types of mana, making them powerful magic users.

Alpine: Astrapi are easily the most temperamental of all Xenowyrm subspecies. Their unpredictable behavior—coupled with their masterful control of lightning magic—has the potential for devastating results. Most of their time is spent airborne, flying through the skies or circling mountainsides for prey.

Coast: Thalassas are a unique variety of Xenowyrm in that they are the only subspecies known to dwell in marine environments. Their porous skin and slender build are perfectly suited for the aquatic terrain, but they can only survive for short periods of time on land. Powerful users of water magic, they can create large waves and alter currents with a simple thought.

Desert: Mageia, found exclusively in desert regions, are thought to be the wisest Xenowyrm subspecies. Due to their knowledge of the magi element, they are able to cast a variety of magics, including teleportation. Their beautiful yellow scutes are reflective and smooth like glass, making them very valuable to collectors.

Forest: Chronos are often considered to be the most elusive of all Xenowyrm subspecies: they live in the darkest and densest forests, far from civilization. They are masters of time magic, allowing them to manipulate the flow of time at will. It is said that Chrono lairs are protected by a field of magic that makes the minutes tick by at a slow pace for any unwanted visitors.

Jungle: Gaia, despite their large size, are the lightest of all Xenowyrm subspecies. They possess the ability to use incredibly powerful life magic, though most of their efforts are concentrated; to them, nothing is more important than letting plant life thrive. Adult Gaia will use their magic to grow vegetation around themselves so they can spread it wherever they travel.

Volcano: Pyros are easily the heaviest of all Xenowyrm subspecies and they use their weight to their advantage. If scorching their foes with flames doesn’t finish them off, Pyros will use the weight of their bodies for sheer crushing power. They create their lairs solely in volcanic regions, where lava and billowing flames are the land’s most prominent features.

These all seem *incredibly* elemental to me. Given that most of them are reliant on magic and otherwise spend their lives either in an element or doing stuff to make certain things thrive (Gaias) I say they all should belong to the lineage. I will come back to vote on what category each one belongs in, as well as more thought out reasoning, once I stop squealing and jumping around so much.

Edited by silver_chan

I'm going out on a limb and voting yes on all of these.

1) They are powerful mana users.

2) They have changed their bodies and abilities to best handle the area where they live (water, lava, etc)

3) see below for each

Astrapi should be in Wind because of their time spent airborne and their control over weather.

Thalassas should be in Water because they use water magic and because they cannot live unless they are in water.

Mageia should be in Life because of their range of spell-casting abilities.

Chronos should be in Life because of their unique ability to use time magic.

Gaia should be in Life because plants sprout up wherever they go.

Pyros should be in Fire because they breathe fire and use flame as an attack.

Ok I thought it out (that was fast) and here is my voting and reasons:

Astrapi - WIND

Reasons: They spend most of their time in it, masterful control of weather magic, unpredictable behavior (like weather), aligned with and dependent on Lightning mana

Thalassa - WATER

Reasons: Completely live underwater, cannot survive for long out of water, breathe water, manipulate water, aligned with and dependent on Water mana

Mageia, Chrono - ...ok I said all of them should belong, but after looking at these two I'm not sure. They are both highly magical still, but don't seem to be especially connected to any of the elements. I will abstain on voting for these two for now.

Gaia - LIFE

Reasons: Spend most of their time caring for plants and making them thrive, make an effort to spread vegetation wherever they go, aligned with and dependent on Life mana

Pyro - FIRE

Reasons: Fire breathing, lair in active volcanic regions, have a 'fiery temper', high body temp, aligned with and dependent on Fire mana

Edited by silver_chan

zooming through to add moar Xeno info...

Astrapi Xenowyrms are aligned with Lightning. They're...spiky. And pointy. And kind of mean.

But they mean well, really, they don't generally be mean just for the sake of it (usually).

Thalassa Xenowyrms are aligned with Water. They have thick frills and are squishy like sponges.

They also have gills, as can probably be seen in the sprite!

Mageia Xenowyrms are aligned with Magi (shocking, right?). They're super smooth and reflective.

Incredibly wise, don't like dealing with too much stupidity, but do like to teach those that are willing to learn.

Chrono Xenowyrms are aligned with Time. They're... also spiky. And they glow. A lot. Seriously their underbellies are super glowy.

They also have flowers that grow on their bodies that bloom and perish with their Time magic.

Gaia Xenowyrms are aligned with Life. They're more matte and smooth in a way more like wood that's been stripped of bark.

They have frills that are made of something akin to the wings of a bug, but they are not wings.

Pyro Xenowyrms are aligned with t3h ph1r3 Fire. They have a temper. But they're also super toasty and probably make great night lights,

since they have lots of little glowing spots all over them.

Pyro Xenowyrms are aligned with t3h ph1r3 Fire. They have a temper. But they're also super toasty and probably make great night lights,

since they have lots of little glowing spots all over them.

k I need a Xenowyrm nightlight now.

Also, YES TO ALL and I agree with the categories cathie posted!

Edited by airaani

I've put together my own quick thoughts for each Xenowyrm of everything that might qualify it for any category:

Astrapi -

*Powerful magic user (Life)

*Heavily reliant on mana (Life)

*Spend the majority of their lives airborne (Wind)

*Can control some weather related to lightning (Wind)

*Masterful control of electricity - lightning magic - with devastating results (Fire)

*Resembling lightning, I'm assuming that's similar to resembling fire or the sun for this (Fire)

Thalassas -

*Live in marine environments (Water)

*Can only spend short periods of time on land, it seems like they would dry out too much too quickly (Water)

*Porous skin adapted to life in the water (Water)

*Gills! (Water)

Chronos -

Mageia -

Gaia -

*Think growing plants is the most important thing (Life)

*Grow vegetation all around them (Life)

*Have a significantly positive effect on the world in a way different from other breeds, helping the plant life and birdz calls them "benevolent sweethearts" (Life)

Pyros -

*Live in volcanic regions (Fire)

*Use "scorching flame" breath weapon (Fire)

---

Astrapi - YES. They are divided a bit between Wind and Fire for me, but since their fundamental power is about lightning/electricity, not weather, I say FIRE wins.

Thalassas - YES. They have a strong case for being in WATER.

Chronos - NO. I think they do not qualify for Life, they don't have anything in particular that other breeds don't have. Other breeds have control of time, and being a magic user is just not enough.

Mageia - NO. I think they do not qualify for Life, they don't have anything in particular that other breeds don't have. Other breeds have teleportation, and other breeds are skilled at many varieties of magic, and being a magic user is just not enough.

Gaia - YES. They have a strong case for being in LIFE.

Pyros - NO. They would clearly be in Fire if they were deemed elemental, but living in a volcano and having fire breath is not enough. They are not strongly tied to the sun, they are not composed of fire, they do not have control over fire, and they do not depend on or control light or electricity, either.

Since the lineage has clearly stated before that the DC elements system is unrelated to the 5E elements system, and since mana is not listed in any of the 5E element descriptions except for Life, I do not accept "uses fire mana" as a valid argument for something being in Fire, or "uses lightning mana" as justification for a Wind categorization (that would be doubly wrong, as electricity is actually in Fire).

Since the lineage has clearly stated before that the DC elements system is unrelated to the 5E elements system, and since mana is not listed in any of the 5E element descriptions except for Life, I do not accept "uses fire mana" as a valid argument for something being in Fire, or "uses lightning mana" as justification for a Wind categorization (that would be doubly wrong, as electricity is actually in Fire).

I'll accept that I was mistaken about the lightning thing--I was thinking weather control, which is a Wind thing, and apparently glossed over the fact that it was just control of lightning. Call it too excited over the new dragons, I guess!

But my argument for the inclusion of mana as reasoning for Elemental status in these guys in particular is that they don't just *use* the mana, they're *reliant* on it. As in, they need it to live. Without fire magic, lightning magic, life magic, or all the rest they would die.

Just to clarify my points, that's all.

Edited by silver_chan

But my argument for the inclusion of mana as reasoning for Elemental status in these guys in particular is that they don't just *use* the mana, they're *reliant* on it. As in, they need it to live. Without fire magic, lightning magic, life magic, or all the rest they would die.

Just to clarify my points, that's all.

I usually don't post in breeding threads (pardon me if this is out of line!), but since I figured you guys would be debating the Xenos in here, I might as well throw in some info that might help.

Basically, this ^^^^^ is true (what I quoted). Take away the mana/magic from the Xenowyrm, and it's basically toast.

Pyros are also partially composed of fire-- the glowing spots on their bodies are flame-y bits.

Chronos specifically grow flowers all over them as their main tie to time... these flowers grow and die with the Chrono's power.

Anyway, that's all! Take this new info and do with it what you will!

I'm glad someone posted the descriptions for the xenowyrms. Having them handy makes it easier.

I'm definitely voting yes on all 6 varients. First of all, they're one breed. I feel as if they shoulld either all be included or none of them.

As for qualifications, our definition for Life indicates that specific magic use is a qualification. These are defined as heavily dependent on magic but also highly adept in magic use. Each varient has a unique alignment with a specific type of magic. I believe they should all be put in Life because their primary qualification is as magical creatures and that the individual applications of magic are secondary. So, my reasoning is:

1. They are dependent on magic

2. They are exceptionally adept with magic

3. Though one breed they've adapted individual applications of that magic - astrapi as lightning users, thalassas as water users, gaia as life users (plantnmagic), pyros as fire magic, chronos as time users (able to control and manipulate time), and mageoa as magi users, which I think of as some form of location magic, but also broad based magic. Location magic as a base is why I put shadow walkers in magi, fyi.

Also, thanks for taking the time to give us more specific info, birds.

Edited by Fiona BlueFire