The Fifth Element

The Fifth Element Lineage

I'd like to register a new dragon~

------------------------------------------------------

SCROLL NAME: Yandere_Blood18

DRAGON'S NAME: Whinry Blaze

DRAGON BREED: Royal Crimson

GENERATION: 1 (haven't bred with her yet)

DATE YOUR DRAGON GREW UP: Um...it hatched on June 13, 2015....so does that count? unsure.gif

Hey, welcome to the lineage! The only problem I see with your dragon is that all dragons must have "Elemental" or some variation of that in the name.

@Yandere: Congrats to your first elemental dragon! biggrin.gif

But you need to wait until the dragon is grown up until you can register it. And you need to name it something with "element"/"elemental"/"5E", as Lavinia already said. smile.gif

Also, please register the dragon in the spreadsheet instead of the thread. (You should have a link with explanations in the PM I sent you last week? If you didn't get it, or have questions, just PM me and we'll work it out. smile.gif ) Otherwise the mods can't keep up with the registered dragons, and also you'll get your own spreadsheet soon where you can keep tabs on all your 5E dragons and sort them any way you want etc. wink.gif

Ok, Hands up, who's willing to help assemble the data about past milestones into the spreadsheet?

Ok, Hands up, who's willing to help assemble the data about past milestones into the spreadsheet?

Explain to me how to do it and I'm game.

I'm always willing to help, and love organizational things like that. Just let me know what you need, and I can gather, though you may have to show me how to input.

Also, I hope it's OK that I'm using Pink's new milestone breakdown for these. I figured that would be easier in the long run, since it looks pretty set that it's going to be implemented, and sounded like everyone was down. ^^ Also, for date earned, I'm putting yesterday, since that's the day I got everything named and entered into my scroll. The grow up dates for the dragons are a bit earlier than that (or more than a bit earlier, as I had 20 unnamed Royals and Wyverns on my scroll from the release in 2012 that I just got around to naming yesterday.)

Milestone Earned!

FORUM NAME: BlueCanary1

MILESTONE EARNED: 15 Mints (3d)

DATE EARNED: 2015-06-14

GIFT REQUESTED: Green Opal

VERIFICATION: Umm... spreadsheet? Or should I link all 15? Just let me know! I can edit!

Milestone Earned!

MILESTONE EARNED: 15 Royal Blues (3d)

VERIFICATION:

Milestone Earned!

MILESTONE EARNED: 15 Golden Wyverns (3d)

VERIFICATION:

Excellent, thank you! smile.gif Will send instructions tomorrow (wednesday latest). smile.gif

For now I've started putting the stuff from Pink's last milestone post into the spreadsheet. After that, I'd like to hand it over to others to collect everything from the thread. More detailled instructions will be sent via PM to all volunteers. smile.gif

And then we'll all have to discuss what to do about those old open milestones... several people still owed milestones have gone inactive. And those members active should mybe be given a chance to drop or change requests (or have them marked "fulfilled") before being bomboarded with hoards of CB commons...? xd.png

But we'll do that when we have collected everything, so we see how much is still open, yes? smile.gif

Once everything is gathered and in one, easy to see place, perhaps it would be easier to implement a system where a person can trade in x amount of common milestones for something a bit harder to get. That might prevent someone from getting bombarded with a bunch of commons that they don't particularly have space for. Maybe something like 5 old category 1 dragons can be traded in for 1 old category 6 dragon. (Ex. You're owed 5 daydreams, but instead would trade those 5 in for 1 trio) That might cut down on some of the clutter of the old data too.

Of course, this isn't something we'd probably want to do until all the milestone data is organized and easily seen all in one place.

Once everything is gathered and in one, easy to see place, perhaps it would be easier to implement a system where a person can trade in x amount of common milestones for something a bit harder to get. That might prevent someone from getting bombarded with a bunch of commons that they don't particularly have space for. Maybe something like 5 old category 1 dragons can be traded in for 1 old category 6 dragon. (Ex. You're owed 5 daydreams, but instead would trade those 5 in for 1 trio) That might cut down on some of the clutter of the old data too.

Of course, this isn't something we'd probably want to do until all the milestone data is organized and easily seen all in one place.

I like that idea, yes.

And yeah, something to discuss once we've got everything sorted out and laid out and easy to see.

Sounds like a potentially good idea, yes. smile.gif

Also, I think it would be good to set a period of maybe a month or two (once we're done assembling) within which open milestones can be claimed. Everything that is not claimed within that period gets deleted (or set to "dropped" etc) so we don't keep the "Open Milestones" tab clogged with requests from inactive players.

Just putting this here so I don't forget the idea again (and so I can stop reminding myself to not forget) even though we're not discussing yet. tongue.gif

Sent instructions off to silver_chan and BlueCanary1.

Other volunteers to help with collecting the old milestone data from the thread are still very welcome! wink.gif

Edited by Lastalda

I don't have time to help but I do have all of my milestone info collected already smile.gif

Keeping track of my past milestone data is easy... I've never asked for any yet. tongue.gif I should really fix that once the new system is up and running. I know I've accomplished some of the easy ones.

I'm setting up the 5ummer 5ecret 5anta 5ign-ups now to avoid people getting missed due to vacations or moving.

---

Welcome to 5ummer 5ecret 5anta 2015!

Rule

There is only one rule. This is a gifting event, so you are required to get at least two of your giftee's wishes to them. (If you need help with this, let me know and we'll figure something out.)

Timeline

Signup forms due (by PM to Lavinia): July 7

Giftee information will be out by: July 9

Gifting period: July 12-25

Party: late July (TBD)

Participation Categories

For reference, the new tier system - https://forums.dragcave.net/index.php?showt...dpost&p=8765445

Surfer

• You have been an active member of the lineage for at least 2 months. You qualify as active if you have been regularly registering dragons, posting in the thread, and/or talking in the IRC channel. If you are unsure if you qualify, just ask.
  • You are able to catch/breed/trade for wishlist items of categories 1-8.
  • You want to have an assigned giftee and an assigned (mystery) gifter.

Wakeboarder

• You have been an active member of the lineage for at least 2 months. You qualify as active if you have been regularly registering dragons, posting in the thread, and/or talking in the IRC channel. If you are unsure if you qualify, just ask.
  • You are not able to catch/breed/trade for wishlist items of categories 1-8.
  • You want to have an assigned giftee and an assigned (mystery) gifter.

Snorkler

• You do not have to have been an active member of the lineage for at least 2 months. Anyone is welcome.
  • You will NOT have an assigned giftee or an assigned gifter. You will be throwing eggs at people where needed. You are not guaranteed by the one rule to have at least two of your wishlist items filled.

Swimmer

• You do not have to have been an active member of the lineage for at least 2 months. Anyone is welcome.
  • You will NOT have an assigned giftee or an assigned gifter. You will be throwing eggs at people where needed.. You are not guaranteed by the one rule to have at least two of your wishlist items filled.

Snorklers and Swimmers will probably get lots of things from their wishlist anyway, don't worry.

Please only sign up for Snorkler/Swimmer categories if you feel that you cannot fully participate in the event, you don't qualify as a lineage member currently, you can't commit to gifting enough to have a giftee, you do not wish to receive anything, etc. You will not be missing out on the usual "I just want to throw eggs" tier - I will have opportunities for Surfers and Wakeboarders to throw eggs at people, as well as Snorklers and Swimmers.

Categories are ONLY used to help me set up the circle of gifting, for instance pairing Wakeboarders with a giftee who has wished for easier to get dragons. There will be one big circle, no division into a circle where rares are thrown around and a circle where commons are thrown around. Everyone is allowed to wish for awesome dragons and rares. We'll do our best to get them to you, regardless of how "wealthy" your own scroll is.

Creating Your Wishlist

For reference, the new tier system - https://forums.dragcave.net/index.php?showt...dpost&p=8765445

Your wishlist should contain no more than two wishes of each of the following:

• Something in Categories 1-8 of the new tier system, or of equivalent or lower value/rarity.
  • Something in Categories 1-3 of the new tier system, or of equivalent or lower value/rarity.
  • Some commons.
  • Some specific lineage you want.

Notes:

• A single wish can be one very specific dragon (i.e. "4th gen checkerboard white from female golds") or a succinctly described group of dragons (i.e. "CB trios", "up to 6th gen Shimmer from line I don't already own [with link to your Shimmer list]", "hatchlings for freezing [with link to your freezing needs list]", "random awesome lineages").
  • Surfers/Wakeboarders: your wishlist should have 4-7 wishes on it. Your gifter needs options, but don't overwhelm them either!
  • Snorklers/Swimmers: your wishlist can have 0-7 wishes on it.
  • You are allowed to wish for non-elemental dragons, but you are encouraged to wish for elemental dragons where possible, since this is a lineage event.
  • Don't wish for unobtainium (CB Gold/Silver, Neglected, 2g Prize). If a gifter is so lucky and generous to have unobtainium for gifting during the event, we will assume that pretty much everyone wants these. wink.gif
  • Only ask for hatchlings if it is a common. Gifters may hatch uncommons/rares for you as they choose, but you should also be willing to take eggs.

Signup Form

5ummer 5ecret 5anta 5ignup!

Scroll name:
Category: 
Availability:
Wishlist:
Notes:

Please send completed form by PM to Lavinia to register for the event.

Sample Signup Form

5ummer 5ecret 5anta 5ignup!

Scroll name: Leeloo
Category: Wakeboarder
Availability: on vacation July 20-27, offline most weekends
Wishlist:
*CB trios
*2g PB alt vine
*CB nebulas
*CB or 2g PB canopy hatchlings
*6EG Spring-Start season rotational
Notes: I have had ShinyLeeloo as a giftee in 2 of the last 3 5ecret 5anta events, please pair me up with someone else for variety.

FORUM NAME: Zerhai

SCROLL NAME: Zerhai

TIME ZONE:Central

Welcome to the Madness, Zerhai!

Um, for the record, any of you gifters who need or want a helping hand getting stuff I'd be glad to do what I can, with the proviso that I'm going to be mostly offline June 24 through 29. From the 30th though July 3rd I will have access but on a tablet so some actions may be slower than normal.

I can't catch much beyond commons but I have access to good trade fodder. smile.gif

I just signed up and I'm super excited but it's also stupid o'clock in the morning here so if I did my wishes wrong please please let me know, I don't want to be unreasonable!

Welcome, Zerhai! smile.gif

I just sent you a PM with access to our Newcomers' spreadsheet so you can start registering dragons. smile.gif

would like to register but not sure of category rolleyes.gif i would say surfer for gifting smile.gif

I will be happy to attempt making some NDs (gave one away today) but may not all be within time frame of event sad.gif i just hope not everyone asks for one laugh.gif

Alright, I'm wanting to sign up for the 5ummer 5ecret 5anta, but wasn't sure about my status in the lineage. I've technically been a member for years, but just recently came off of a long hiatus. I don't think I've been active for 2 months. My question is, am I an active member because of my history with the lineage, or am I not fully active yet because I just came back? xd.png

Edited by BlueCanary1

did Pink announce the results of the voting for the magelight pygmys?

Just dropping in to do this, perfect timing! Magelight pygmies will be added to the lineage in the category of FIRE.

Also, am opening up a position for another mod to help deblogan out. For now, I am hands off anything to do with the spreadsheet so applicants must be comfortable updating it and helping members with it. Knowledge of specific milestones isn't a must, but would like someone who's been with us a few months and is familiar with the overall concept. Drop me a PM if you're interested, will make a decision before the end of the month.

I still haven't had a chance to work on the updated milestone mockup but will hopefully get there slowly. Thanks to Lastalda and all who have volunteered to input milestones in to the spreadsheet!

Welcome to our 3 new members!

Project "Collect ALL THE MILESTONE DATA from the thread" is a GO!

@our wonderful volunteers:

I'm done with the Milestone Mastersheet for now. Have added everything until the start of page 6. smile.gif

Thank you for any time you have to spare for this. smile.gif *hugs*

@Pink:

About the Milestone Mock-up, I have a suggestion:

while I'd love to "easily" claim nebulas (and at the danger of annoying our resident nebula hoarder tongue.gif), I really think they should go into the "category 2" group, not "category 1". They are much harder to catch than reds/whites/magis etc. (Actually, judging from current drops, I think they even drop more like trios than like uncommons - I've recently caught a whole bunch of seasonals, and some tsunamis and GWs, but I haven't even seen a nebula in the cave for quite a bit...)

Edit: okay, seems I was looking in the wrong place. Nebulas are dropping in the Desert (somehow I had been looking only in Alpine). But still, definitely uncommon, so should be en par with GWs, tsunamis, seasonals etc., so category 2.

Edited by Lastalda

Alright, I'm wanting to sign up for the 5ummer 5ecret 5anta, but wasn't sure about my status in the lineage. I've technically been a member for years, but just recently came off of a long hiatus. I don't think I've been active for 2 months. My question is, am I an active member because of my history with the lineage, or am I not fully active yet because I just came back? xd.png

You came back a month ago, so I'd probably say to register as a Snorkler or Swimmer to be on the safe side. I can always bump you up if Pink says so. smile.gif

Claiming the Milestone Mastersheet to add more milestones.

Edit: Done for now. Got until the top of page 19.

New breeds accepted in that timeframe:

2013-07-15 Bleeding Moons (Fire)

2013-08-11 Blue Two-Headed Lindwurms & Green Two-Headed Lindwurms (Fire)

Edited by Lastalda

Just dropping in to do this, perfect timing! Magelight pygmies will be added to the lineage in the category of FIRE.

Also, am opening up a position for another mod to help deblogan out. For now, I am hands off anything to do with the spreadsheet so applicants must be comfortable updating it and helping members with it. Knowledge of specific milestones isn't a must, but would like someone who's been with us a few months and is familiar with the overall concept. Drop me a PM if you're interested, will make a decision before the end of the month.

I still haven't had a chance to work on the updated milestone mockup but will hopefully get there slowly. Thanks to Lastalda and all who have volunteered to input milestones in to the spreadsheet!

Welcome to our 3 new members!

yay this makes me so happy, I love magelights..... it usually requires lots of self control not to load my scroll up and ignore the many other lineages I am part of. Also I am so glad to have an excuse to name many of my unnamed dragons(for example many of my bleeding moons) I simply could not come up with a name for them, now with this lineage I have!!!!!

Also I am so glad to have an excuse to name many of my unnamed dragons(for example many of my bleeding moons) I simply could not come up with a name for them, now with this lineage I have!!!!!

I remember this was a big lure for me, too! :-D Yay for a flexible yet consistent naming scheme! :-)

About the Milestone Mock-up, I have a suggestion:

while I'd love to "easily" claim nebulas (and at the danger of annoying our resident nebula hoarder tongue.gif), I really think they should go into the "category 2" group, not "category 1". They are much harder to catch than reds/whites/magis etc. (Actually, judging from current drops, I think they even drop more like trios than like uncommons - I've recently caught a whole bunch of seasonals, and some tsunamis and GWs, but I haven't even seen a nebula in the cave for quite a bit...)

Noooo my nebbiesssss

Kidding of course, I don't see them much in the cave either and of course I will adjust my milestone requests accordingly if they need to be moved.

Lastalda, I have my own milestone info saved, how can I get that to you guys? Enter it into the spreadsheet directly, PM it, nevermind because you're doing the whole thread anyway?