purplehaze

Raising a Guardian of Nature

The final stats on mine were a lot higher than what I normally need to raise a dragon.

Views 6,509 Unique views 1,241 Clicks 51

It did grow up right at 3 days 23 hours with out any need to ER.

Mine just grew up this morning.

Name: Ame no Shiranui

Egg Stolen on: Jun 12, 2011

Hatched on: Jun 15, 2011

Grew up on: Jun 18, 2011

Overall Views: 10322

Unique Views: 1759

Clicks: 23

Got him on my very first summoning attempt, too. biggrin.gif

It did take a whole lot more hits to get him to hatch/grow up, though -- probably two or three times what I would normally expect. It was kind of tense there for a while, but I never had to ER him. I found myself checking my scroll far more frequently than I normally would because I was paranoid that he was dying while I wasn't watching. laugh.gif

I was looking forward to getting a Guardian of Nature, considering I was recently gifted my (FIRST, can you believe it...!) ice egg, but now I'm starting to wonder if it'll be as much work as some of you are saying. xd.png

My (first) GoN grew up!

Egg Stolen on: Jun 17, 2011

Hatched on: Jun 20, 2011

Grew up on: Jun 24, 2011

Overall Views: 10621

Unique Views: 709

Clicks: 5

After a year+, I got my first egg, and liek woah! He's so gorgeous! I posted the egg in with all my others at a couple of sites - Dragon Cave Focus & Eggs Around the World. Checked it enough to make certain it didn't get soft shell, or sick when it hatched, as that seemed to be problematic from what I've read here, and luckily had no problems.

There's still a sense of unreality about actually having my own GoN. It took such a long time, but I'm glad now that I kept at it, though fail after fail after fail was darn discouraging at times. God, I turned thirty before I got my egg. Now that is depressing.

Haven't named him yet, but when I come up with something good, I will.

Mine:

Name: Thoiris

Egg Stolen on: Jun 14, 2011

Hatched on: Jun 17, 2011

Grew up on: Jun 20, 2011

Overall Views: 10377

Unique Views: 732

Clicks: 15

He actually grew up pretty well. I was paranoid about him and kept fogging him whenever I couldn't watch him, but he never got sick. Though, it took him a while to grow up.

Mine was like a normal dragon, no need for 10,000+ views.

Name: TJ09

Egg Stolen on: Nov 24, 2010

Hatched on: Nov 27, 2010

Grew up on: Nov 30, 2010

Overall Views: 8779

Unique Views: 1988

Clicks: 51

I was really really lucky and got my first Guardian of Nature with my 5th summon. (Getting all three Trios took a lot longer...)

Egg Stolen on: Jun 16, 2011

Hatched on: Jun 20, 2011

Grew up on: Jun 24, 2011

Overall Views: 3442

Unique Views: 897

Clicks: 17

After I read here that they seem to need more views, grow up late and get sick, I fogged the egg / hatchie a few times. It took 8 days to grow up (instead of the usual 6), and about twice the views most of my other dragons have.

My two were just the same as any other dragon on my scroll. Same ratio of views and unique views, neither got sick once, and they hatched and grew up right on time.~

Egg Stolen on: Jun 21, 2011

Hatched on: Jun 24, 2011

Grew up on: Jun 27, 2011

Overall Views: 4,123

Unique Views: 1,355

Clicks: 22

For me this took an extraordinary amount of view and unique views.

It took over 2,000 views and 1,000 unique views to hatch - a considerable number of my dragons mature with stats like that.

I had heard GoN were prone to sickness, well mine never got sick. I added it to two fan sites as soon as I summoned it and kept an eye on it during the day. I did fog it that first evening, but after that I didn't fog at all.

I did have to put it on far more fan sites than I normally use, in order to get the views - by the end I had it on seven sites.

So yes, if you're used to raising dragons with fewer than 3,000 views overall, the GoN does indeed take far more views than a 'normal' dragon.

The only other dragon I have with over 4,000 views is a Nebula frozen hatchling that I had to ER and then added to as many fan sites as possible as I wanted it to gender quickly in order for me to know whether it was the original colour of the new colour.

Egg Stolen on: Feb 12, 2011

Hatched on: Feb 15, 2011

Grew up on: Feb 18, 2011

Overall Views: 7087

Unique Views: 1520

Clicks: 15

My GoN was pretty... normal. I put her into the same daycares I throw any of my other dragons and I never had to bother fogging her.

I had a very good experience with my GoN. I summoned it after 3 months of being on DC. I was very careful with it, kept it fogged until it went ER then popped it in as many as I could and kept an eye on it. When I went to bed, I fogged it and unfogged it when i got online the next day. Wash, Rinse, Repeat as they say lol

Mine never got sick, not as an egg OR as a hatchie. I was very lucky. Mine grew up with 9,323 V's 623 UV's 55 C's. As an egg it hatched just under the 3d23h mark and same with it as a hatchie.

(Excert from her page)

Egg Stolen on: Feb 25, 2011

Hatched on: Feb 27, 2011

Grew up on: Mar 03, 2011

Overall Views: 9323

Unique Views: 623

Clicks: 55

Their simple enough to keep safe if you just keep a close eye on them and fog them as soon as they get sick. IF they do manage to get sick, fog them for a few hours to ensure their safety.

Edited by Enalahs

I saw a adult female GoN and it only had 2038 views some of my dragons have 3450. so I dont think they need more veiws im not so sure!

I don't remember any problems with my Guardian. blink.gif I'm pretty sure it never got sick.

Egg Stolen on: Apr 15, 2011

Hatched on: Apr 17, 2011

Grew up on: Apr 20, 2011

Overall Views: 8157

Unique Views: 1260

Clicks: 28

I know 8,000 views may seem strange, but my dragons' views usually vary between 1,000 - 15,000 laugh.gif so there's nothing unusual about this Guardian.

I've never had a problem with them - my two were both raised the same way with the rest of the eggs in the batch they were in. They hatched at the same time, gendered at about the same time, and grew up at about the same time. The only real difference I noticed is that my GoNs got a bunch more clicks than my other eggs. Neither one got sick. Certainly raising dragons the way I raise them seems to present to issues with GoN.

i dont have 1 yet or the ability to summon 1

but as your limited to 2...does that mean if you get 1 and it dies you can only try once more? or can you still have 2?

just wondering as sometimes i struggle to get views for mine so if its needs more i don t want 1 to die then limit me to only having 1 adult :3

I don't have any yet, but my husband has both of his

his female(summoned Apr 12, 2010, hatched Apr 16, 2010 grew Apr 19, 2010) views 7,516 UV 502 clicks 28

his male(summoned Jul 20, 2011 Hatched Jul 23, 2011 Grew Jul 27, 2011)

views 7,826 UV 792 clicks 5

Edited by Merenwen

Name: Vrtra Cyr

Egg Stolen on: Jul 24, 2011

Hatched on: Jul 26, 2011

Grew up on: Jul 30, 2011

Overall Views: 7344

Unique Views: 1003

Clicks: 21

She's my first GoN and honestly, I didn't treat her any differently from any other dragon I've raised. She never got sick or anything, I never fogged her, no problems at all. She was a bit slow to grow up but that's mainly because I'm a bit lax about adding dragons to hatcheries sometimes.

I was really pleased that I got one so quickly, I've probably summoned only half a dozen times or less. I keep forgetting to or I remember when I'm locked. Of course that means it will take forever to get the next one. =P

Name: Guardian of the Cruel Mountains

Egg Stolen on: Jul 24, 2011

Hatched on: Jul 27, 2011

Grew up on: Jul 30, 2011

Overall Views: 7332

Unique Views: 1010

Clicks: 23

She's a very young GoN, I got her on my second try. smile.gif I did have to raise her a little differently, because I was out of town way up at about 13,000 feet, in the mountains, with no computer or internet, (I also fell down the mountain, still recovering, hence her name) so I just kept her fogged because I thought she'd get sick with how many hatcheries I put her in, so she stayed fogged untill she had about 4 days left, and she grew what seemed like painfully slowly. It took her a VERY long time to gender, but she grew up quickly after that.

So incubate sucks for these dragons- does anyone know if influence works?

Yes. Influence works on GoNs.

Edited by rubyshoes

Seems to.

I've never yet heard (as far as I recall, which may not be far enough, lol) of wrong results occurring in Influenced GoNs, which doesn't mean that they haven't from time to time, although at least it seems no more typical than in any other dragon type.

Edit: the Typo Queen's a little slow these days... laugh.gif

Edited by Syphoneira

Got My 1st GoN on my 1st try! biggrin.gif (Still trying for GoN #2--so far, 2 tries, 2 fails! tongue.gif )

Anyway, here are the stats:

Overall Views: 5844

Unique Views: 1093

Clicks: 10

I got the sick egg message, it hatched sick, and then I fogged it for a while and it was okay after that and it grew up. smile.gif

Edited by BrightStarBella

Stats for mine:

Name: Kaladin Stormblessed G

Egg Stolen on: Dec 24, 2011

Hatched on: Dec 27, 2011

Grew up on: Dec 30, 2011

Overall Views: 3679

Unique Views: 1414

Clicks: 26

I summoned, only fogged it for some hours when I wasn't home, added it to the first click site after one day, added it to two more after two days, it grew up after exactly three days without getting sick once, I didn't add it in any other sites and it again grew up after three days without getting sick.

Was pretty easy wink.gif

He didn't even need any more views/uv than my other dragons, just got (as every GoN I think) lots of clicks

Edited by Gluria