purplehaze

Raising a Guardian of Nature

I don't know if this was mutual with everyone else's GoN's, but mine was a pain in the butt. sad.gif Worthwhile in the end though.

2 hours after it was summoned it got sick, fogged and unfogged, got sick shortly after again, fogged again. In the beginning it didn't even have that much views, yet in the end when it had loads of views, it didnt hatch until one hour after ER time. And of course, when it hatched, it was sick.

Lucky I was home most of that week blink.gif

I got mine on my second summon, and was ecstatic.

Name: Visavis Xanthippe

Egg Stolen on: Jul 22, 2010

Hatched on: Jul 26, 2010

Grew up on: Jul 29, 2010

Overall Views: 8404

Unique Views: 566

Clicks: 12

I waited a little while then but her on my normal hatchery sites (PetsGalore), and ER'd the egg when it got low. That bumped her views up to ~4k just to get her to hatch, it took forever. Normally by then my eggs have hatched and grown up, but this one took its sweet time. I never had a problem with sickness.

Once she got to 3d20h I put her in the ER again, but she kept getting removed (You would think by 5k views the thing would grow), so I put her in another ER and kept sneaking her in to my other one. (Sorry guys, if you're reading this.) The end result, she hatched when I was in raid. Lol.

Sadly, I have none. My husband has both of his, however, and they kept him in a state of constant agitation. He was really afraid they would die on him. They were prone to get sick as eggs, and didn't want to gender until about 3 days, then grew up immediately when he ER'd them. Both had views over 4,000, too, so they are very needy critters.

Mine didn't have any problems hatching at all, it was when it was a hatchling that it ran into problems. It never gendered, all the way down to one day 21 hours. then i started posting it in different hatcheries, because i was getting nervous, instead of just leaving it in the one that it was already in. It had over 1200 views and about 699 unique views and 10 clicks when i started this maneuver. Finally, the GoN just grew up within a few minutes of being in 2-4 ER's and I think I remember the stats being somewhere in the vicinity of 1529 views, 800 uniques, and 20 clicks. it freaked me out, though! i'm just glad it finally grew up.

It is interesting to see that these dragons do appear to be harder to raise (as well as much harder to get!) than many dragons. Or is everyone just so paranoid about them after struggling to get them that they worry more about every little sniffle? laugh.gif

I didn't get paranoid, and really didn't do anything different than I normally do. But normally I can get eggs to hatch as soon as it goes under the 4 day mark, and the GoN took in the low 3 day + to hatch. I also normally get genders in the low 6 day mark or high 5 day, but the GoN waited until the 4 d + 20 hr mark to even gender.

Mine didn't get sick at all, but they are definitely more reluctant to ease your worries, LOL.

I was lucky and was one of the first to get an egg

so I took a screenshot and then promptly fogged it for 24 hours

as an egg King epic didnt get sick but did go ER as an egg

as a hatchling he was sick about 3 times

man it was stressful..

I dont think they are harder to raise but like metallics they do require more views then say a mint

Edited by chickenhound

Like Cheystar I didn't change the way I hatch my dragons for my GoN. I didn't notice any sickness during any point of his growing stages and I honestly don't recall him being very difficult. I had heard they took longer to hatch/gender/mature so I went about my usual routine and didn't worry much about it.

I don't think he hatched as soon as it was possible, but again, I wasn't worrying too much about it. Didn't seem to be that far off the mark though.

His stats:

Overall Views: 5458

Unique Views: 1329

Clicks: 17

Slightly higher stats than my usual adults, but nothing really abnormal. But some people would consider these stats pretty high, I suppose.

The stats on my GoN are 2,603/1,098/26, which isn't abnormally high for my dragons. In fact, recently it's a little on the low end. Grew up just fine, wasn't ER as an egg or a hatchie. Could have been just me, though. It was never sick or any trouble at all :3

This thread is scaring me. I don't ever have egg stats as high as the examples being listed here. Then again, there are plenty of people with GoN on their scroll, so can it really be that much different in raising them? Do many people have Guardians of Nature die on them?

This thread is scaring me. I don't ever have egg stats as high as the examples being listed here. Then again, there are plenty of people with GoN on their scroll, so can it really be that much different in raising them? Do many people have Guardians of Nature die on them?

The reason most of them have such high views I assume is because they had to ER them which tends to generate a lot of views.

I don't think there is any need to be scared. It does look likely that the GoNs need a little more attention than some other eggs, but I can only think of one person reporting that their GoN died. So if you just keep an eye on it you should be fine.

I got my first GoN on my third summoning three days ago and started wondering a bit if it'll hatch properly after all I read in this thread.

This is the state of affairs:

Egg Stolen on: Aug 18, 2010

Overall Views: 958

Unique Views: 421

Egg will die if it doesn't hatch in: 4 days and 15 hours

So far I've been treating it as a normal egg - which means: putting it on Dragonnery and Egg Drop Soup and checking now and again for sickness. No signs of sickness so far. wink.gif

I'll update as soon as it hatches to add new numbers and details.

Edited by Tiuvelin

Hm, I don't remember having any problems with my GoN's...

I got my first one on my first attempt, (wow, I didn't realize it was the day before my mother passed away...) so I don't really remember much about that one.

And I got my second one a few months after that. I don't recall any sicknesses or anything and I'm pretty sure I didn't have to fog it. But both of their stats are pretty high...

First one's stats are:

Overall Views: 3741

Unique Views: 1334

Clicks: 104

Second one's stats are:

Overall Views: 8633

Unique Views: 1400

Clicks: 16

But I always give my eggs at least a day before giving them any views so that probably helped.

My first and only one I had to fog once within the first few hours of getting the egg but over than that, I didn't have to fog or ER him at all. Then again, I always add my eggs and hatchlings everywhere.

Stats

Egg Stolen on: Aug 08, 2010

Hatched on: Aug 11, 2010

Grew up on: Aug 14, 2010

Overall Views: 7454

Unique Views: 1402

Clicks: 26

Mine had

Views:6292

UV:995

C:24

But mine took 7/8 tries to get, so people didn't curiousity click, but I remember her staying in an ER for a while to hatch. Most of my recent eggs have grown up with around 2,000 views or so, so Iguess it did take a bit more than usual.

I got my first GoN on my third summoning three days ago and started wondering a bit if it'll hatch properly after all I read in this thread.

This is the state of affairs:

Overall Views: 958

Unique Views: 421

Egg will die if it doesn't hatch in: 4 days and 15 hours

So far I've been treating it as a normal egg - which means: putting it on Dragonnery and Egg Drop Soup and checking now and again for sickness. No signs of sickness so far. wink.gif

I'll update as soon as it hatches to add new numbers and details.

First update:

Name: Foalooke i taule

Hatched on: Aug 21, 2010

Overall Views: 1479

Unique Views: 595

Clicks: 21

Show HTML/BBCode Links

Hatchling will die if it doesn't grow up in: 7 days

The hatchie is healthy and happy and hatched without any fogging or ERing. I just treated it as any other dragon I raised.

I do remember my first GoN needing more clicks then my other dragons.

I just got my second Gon right now so we'll see how that goes... tongue.gif

Egg Stolen on: Jul 19, 2010

Hatched on: Jul 23, 2010

Grew up on: Jul 28, 2010

Overall Views:2584

Unique Views:695

Clicks:115

course I just got one today tongue.gif

Aug 23, 2010

I raised my GoN along with other dragons nabbed in the same day and despite its many many views, it was the last egg to get a crack. And also, despite its many many views, it never got sick. smile.gif I took good care of it, as if it was a real egg.

Name: Dalai Lama

Egg Stolen on: Jun 10, 2010

Hatched on: Jun 13, 2010

Grew up on: Jun 16, 2010

Overall Views: 10818

Unique Views: 1632

Clicks: 69

Mine took its old sweet time. I didn't have a problem with it getting sick, which surprised me. Dulra's got the most clicks of any of my dragons and she went to about 3D 15H to hatch and grow up.

Egg Stolen on: Apr 10, 2010

Hatched on: Apr 14, 2010

Grew up on: Apr 18, 2010

Overall Views: 2320

Unique Views: 982

Clicks: 69

Most of my kids these days grow up with about half those stats since I started using DDF. The more clicks, the lower views I seemed to need.

Except with her. blink.gif

Egg Stolen on: Aug 10, 2010

Hatched on: Aug 14, 2010

Grew up on: Aug 17, 2010

Overall Views: 5157

Unique Views: 936

Clicks: 20

Extravaganza seemed to take more views and more time to hatch/grow up than any of my other dragons.

Mine never went sick, but here's the stats when I froze it:

http://dragcave.net/view/n/Conjured

Overall Views: 4557

Unique Views: 991

Clicks: 48

This was at 4d5hr (no incubate, went ER for about two hours), and I froze minutes after it gendered. A normal hatchling under those conditions would have gendered at ~40% of those views, or with the views it had, at about 5d18hr left.

so in short..

So GoN's are actually harder to raise? Or is it all hype?

If harder = more views, censorkip.gif yes.

Edited by kadoatie

I got my guardian dragon the first time I tried summon, so I guess I'm one of the lucky ones. smile.gif I didn't think anything about the egg...I treated it the same as all of my other eggs. I put it in 2 fan sites and pretty much forgot it. I mean, I do check my eggs and hatchlings from time to time, and did the same with the guardian, but didn't even think of the possibility that the egg might need special treatment!. lol I never fogged it, and it was never sick. She has about 4500 views, but I have other common dragons with many more views than that, so it doesn't seem unusual to me. I would advise simply treating it like any other egg. I did, and all is well! biggrin.gif