purplehaze

Raising a Guardian of Nature

So GoN's are actually harder to raise? Or is it all hype?

I'm convinced by now that it is at least part hype. laugh.gif

My GoN hatchie is treated in the exact same way as the other eggs/hatchlings on my scroll. It does just fine and is totally in time with my general experience of hatching time etc. I was slightly afraid it wouldn't be after reading here and seeing the numbers of clicks and sickness reports people posted - but well, the little one is healthy and happy without me posting it on more than two sites or fogging it.

--------------------

GoN grew up last night. I'm afraid I got a bit nervous when the little guy hadn't gendered at 3d23h, and so I ERed him at Dragonnery and NDER which made him gender after a few minutes. He finally grew up like this:

Name: Foalooke i taule

Egg Stolen on: Aug 18, 2010

Hatched on: Aug 21, 2010

Grew up on: Aug 24, 2010

Overall Views: 4093

Unique Views: 971

Clicks: 46

The UVs did not rise much, only the OVs almost doubled.

Edited by Tiuvelin

I forgot about this thread! Here comes a novel!

I finally got a GoN a couple weeks ago, much to my surprise. I had no problem with it hatching/maturing at the 4 day mark, but it was slower for everything else.

As an Egg

* I didn't incubate it -- there were too many stories of them getting sick easily (and incubation means the dragon needs more views to hatch by the new time), and since it wasn't even starting to crack by the time my others had big holes, I decided to let it have that extra day, rather than forcing the issue.

* I posted it to my usual 1-2 low-traffic sites sometime in the first 24 hours, and kept a close eye on it, but there were no sickness problems. By the end of the first day, it had around 200-400 views and 100-200 UVs. I don't remember exactly, but it was typical of my dragons, and those are the typical ranges.

* I posted it in my usual higher-traffic sites by the second day, like my other eggs, to make sure they were ready to hatch as soon as possible. This usually means 400-550 UVs by 4 days (depending on if it was incubated), and about twice as many views.

* By 4 days 12 hours, my other (incubated) eggs had hatched, and the GoN wasn't even cracking. I tossed it in a few more sites, including Yarold's (with a low-ish click limit set). Somewhere around 4 days 6-8 hours, it finally started cracking. It went very slowly after that, but it did reach the big hole around 4 days 1-2 hours.

As a Hatchling

* When it finally reached 4 days and hatched, it had around 900 UVs (2-3 times as many views?), I think. Might have been 800, maybe 1,000. I remember noting how it had as many unique views as I usually get my adults. It hatched healthy, regardless.

* I pulled it off a few sites for the first 12-24 hours as a hatchling, again because I was concerned about all the sickness reports, and this little one had HIGH views!

* By 5 days 12 hours, I had added it back in everywhere again. My hatchlings almost always gender by then, with the previously mentioned 800-1,000 UVs and 2-3 times as many views, but this GoN was well above that already, and still no gender. I don't remember when it finally did gender, but I think it was somewhere between 4 days 12 hours and 5 days

* Given how long it took to gender, I was seriously wondering if I would need to ER it for it to mature, but I also remembered how it was slow as an egg, yet still hatched on time. So I just left it be, with plans to ER it as soon as it reached the maturing point, if it was still a hatchling. It grew up just fine though, without any extra help.

As an Adult

* Final count: 5556 views, 1504 UVs, 77 clicks. Fewer probably would have been fine as well, but may have taken more patience for hatching/maturing.

My feel is that these dragons are just stubborn, moreso than that they require any special attention. Other dragons "hurry up and wait" while GoNs "enjoy the ride", but both make it to the end point at the scheduled time.

I finally got my GoN on October 18th after lots of fails.

As an egg I kept it fogged until it was ER, because I'd heard that they got sick easily and I didn't want my first one ever to die. x.x I was rather paranoid. It didn't get sick when I ER'd it though.

With the hatchie, I got less paranoid and I unfogged it about a day before it became ER and stuck it in a hatchery. Thankfully it didn't get sick. Perhaps because of the fogging it took around 4 or so hours for it finally grow up though.

Final Stat Count for Silbernacht:

Views: 8552

UV's: 618

Clicks: 143

For mine it DID seem to take more views and stuff to grow up. My GoN's view count is one of the highest on my scroll. The UV's count is about normal for my dragons these days.

But the click count is waaaaaay out there for my scroll. Nothing else on my scroll has more than 65 clicks. I was really surprised when I woke up to see this number (it grew up overnight).

Edited because I cannot spell tonight. xd.png

Edited by Infinis

Name: Magnificent Glory of Gazzolo

Egg Stolen on: Apr 26, 2010

Hatched on: Apr 30, 2010

Grew up on: May 04, 2010

Overall Views: 7255

Unique Views: 624

Clicks: 29

Name: Hope in San Juan

Egg Stolen on: Oct 10, 2010

Hatched on: Oct 14, 2010

Grew up on: Oct 18, 2010

Overall Views: 5924

Unique Views: 807

Clicks: 32

No sickness, no incubation.

As for my one and only so far,

Name: Aufaniae

Egg Stolen on: Aug 26, 2010

Hatched on: Aug 29, 2010

Grew up on: Sep 02, 2010

Overall Views: 2792

Unique Views: 1020

Clicks: 27

I didn't treat it any different than other eggs, waited a day or two to post it, but once I did, I tossed it in the 3? usual sites I use. She hatched at 3 days left, and I don't know her views or clicks at that point, and grew up normally, also, without getting sick (that I saw). She does have more clicks than usual, but I think thats just coz of the egg type... people tend to see them and go "ooooo, who has you?" when they see it in fansties.... (ok, well, I do, at least).

Unequa: Oo-nay-kwa (Great Spirit)

Overall Views: 4665

Unique Views: 1314

Clicks: 16

the little bugger as stubborn about hatching and growing up, so i had to stick him in an er both times at 3d23h. he didn't get sick and i removed him from the er the second i noticed he hatched. i didn't get him until several months after they were released so i didn't have to worry too much about over clicking, but kept an eye out for that. AND i watched for a sudden jump in views in case some buttmunch tried to kill my baby.

my GoNs never get sick when i post it on many fansites to hatch smile.gif

and they grew up with 1500 view.

Mine definitely took more views than a normal egg. I'm sure it would have hatched and grown up eventually with a normal amount of views, but it would have taken much longer than a normal egg.

Views 6,174

Unique views 1,090

Clicks 22

As an egg, it didn't want to hatch on time, and I had plenty of views for it and clicks. It was under 4 days, so I waited a few more hours then decided to ER it. After a while in the ER, it hatched sickly. I fogged it for about a day, then stuck it in a bunch of hatcheries. I'm not sure exactly when it grew up.

I hid it until it was around 2D (when it probably wouldn't get sick from being in an ER) with both egg and hatchling stage. Worked pretty well, and took 6000 Views, 588 UVs and 38 clicks to grow into an adult.

915 UVs

43 clicks

It got down to 3 days 20 hours. I had it in ERs from 3 days 23 hours. It got sick shortly after entering the ERs.

Well, I was one of those first lucky girls to have one on first try. Here would be the stats:

Name: The Supreme Guardian of Nature

Egg Stolen on: Mar 26, 2010

Hatched on: Mar 29, 2010

Grew up on: Apr 01, 2010

Overall Views: 3230

Unique Views: 1122

Clicks: 123

From my little experience, she actually got quite sick often right before she was supposed to hatch. Maybe because people were awfully curious about her, but otherwise she was like any other dragon that I raised.

However, she is 3rd in my scroll when it comes to "the most clicks in my scroll", being beaten by skywing (147, 1st place) and mint (124, 2nd place).

My second one seems to be much more stubborn than my first. I have seriously never had an egg with stats like this still being an egg:

Egg Stolen on: Dec 10, 2010

Overall Views: 1585

Unique Views: 467

Clicks: 24

Egg will die if it doesn't hatch in: 3 days and 12 hours

I didn't post my egg anywhere for the first day, and then put int in two fan sites. I put it in another after the next day. I didn't incubate and the egg was ready to hatch in about 5 hours before it could. I fogged it so it wouldn't lock me, which removed it from all the fansites. When I unfogged it, it hatched and I let it be for another day about, then put it in the first two same fansites. I added the third and added DDF before that for clicks. It's still doing fine and has not gotten sick once. I'm slowly adding the fansites in so all the views aren't lumped in at once.

Name: Wahuli of Ra

Egg Stolen on: Jan 01, 2011

Hatched on: Jan 04, 2011

Grew up on: Jan 07, 2011

Overall Views: 6151

Unique Views: 863

Clicks: 19

That's the stats my lad had when he grew up.

And since I know how it is to have one I'd say this; don't post it anywhere the first day, it will most likely get sick (my got sick even though I incubated him the first thing I did), keep it fogged if you know that you have a lot of people visiting your scroll. Once it hatches, keep it fogged for at least one day (two doesn't hurt).

Name: Nature's Protection

Egg Stolen on: May 30, 2010

Hatched on: Jun 02, 2010

Grew up on: Jun 05, 2010

Overall Views: 3129

Unique Views: 1212

Clicks: 25

He was my first guardian. It waitted about three days and 12 hours to finally hatch and then grew up about 3 days and 20 hours.

Name: Nature's Prrotector

Egg Stolen on: Dec 21, 2010

Hatched on: Dec 23, 2010

Grew up on: Dec 26, 2010

Overall Views: 3958

Unique Views: 1211

Clicks: 20

He was my 2nd and it took me 7 months to get him. He hatched like a day early and grew up a day early. It tok a total of 5 days to have him grow up

Mine took forever to hatch and grow up. I had to put it in ER sites for both instances. This was the final tally for views and clicks:

Overall Views: 7377

Unique Views: 935

Clicks: 39

Name: Guardian Aeza

Egg Stolen on: Jan 06, 2011

Hatched on: Jan 10, 2011

Grew up on: Jan 14, 2011

Overall Views: 3016

Unique Views: 880

Clicks: 7

Name: Matriarch Aeza

Egg Stolen on: Mar 22, 2011

Hatched on: Mar 24, 2011

Grew up on: Mar 27, 2011

Overall Views: 8635

Unique Views: 926

I know for sure Matriarch had to go in the ER to hatch (w/incubate) and to grow up, even with stats on par for a normal hatchie to grow. I don't think I bothered with Guardian.

I also got an egg on the first round of summons, but I hide mine because I was worried about the curious hordes :3

He still ended up about the same as most I'm seeing here.

Name: Antiker Drache

Egg Stolen on: Mar 27, 2010

Hatched on: Mar 30, 2010

Grew up on: Apr 02, 2010

Overall Views: 3558

Unique Views: 1436

Clicks: 50

I just got a Guardian of Nature, on my 5th or so summon. It didn't get sick as an egg because I mostly kept it hidden to keep it from getting sick. I used incubate on it too.

It hatched at:

Overall Views: 6487

Unique Views: 436

And got sick a few mins later at:

Overall Views: 6922

Unique Views: 462

Clicks: 33

So now it is fogged again, until it grows up in a few days.

http://dragcave.net/view/UqnE I summoned it the day that DC changed over with Biomes. So I named it Changing The World.

Would you believe my Chicken scored more Views, UVs and clicks to raise than my GoN did?

Good With Rosemary topped out at 13,000/1426/26.

Heirophant of the Elements matured at 7,794/1,371/24.

I have a couple Greens that pulled down 10,000 some-odd and 12,000 some-odd views.

The only thing I did differently with my GoN was that I was a lot more careful with the click hatcheries. I eased him into it by starting with Egg Drop Soup (low traffic) and adding one hatchery a day until he hatched. I remember he was one of my softshells but I stay on top of that pretty assiduously and fogged him in time.

My adult GoN grew up with 5,837 views, 924 UV's, and 18 clicks. My other one is a frozen hatchie o3o

Those are mine:

Name: x Guardian of Nature x

Egg Stolen on: Jul 08, 2010

Hatched on: Jul 13, 2010

Grew up on: Jul 18, 2010

Overall Views: 3875

Unique Views: 945

Clicks: 20

and

Egg Stolen on: Jun 05, 2011

Hatched on: Jun 07, 2011

Grew up on: Jun 11, 2011

Overall Views: 7510

Unique Views: 926

Clicks: 23

I fogged them the first 3 days because of too many Views. But I didn't find it that hard to make them grow up.

Mine hatched with the following stats.

1,626 views 607 unique views 34 clicks

It didn't get sick at all. I waited until it had 4 days 4 hours left and finally broke down and incubated it and put it in one ER, less than a minute later it hatched. It's fogged now because I always fog everything after hatching and I most likely will not unfog until it has less than 6 days left. I'll record the final stats once it grows up.

I dont notice sence eveyones curiuse to look at it so they naturally will look at it more. Inface I find that my GoN has gotton sick more offten and I waited to maybe 5d12h before posting it anywere. Although now that I got my second im more prepared for that.

Mine was just as easy to raise as any of my other hatchies.

I fogged it at night as a precaution (I do that with almost all my valuable eggies) but it never got sick or anything.

She took a little extra goading to grow up, though.

:\

Name: Gypsy

Egg Stolen on: May 13, 2011

Hatched on: May 16, 2011

Grew up on: May 19, 2011

Overall Views: 9382

Unique Views: 842

Clicks: 28

Most of those V were gotten during her hatchling --> adult ER stage.

Edited by Pink