Skypool

How Do YOU catch a rare egg

sit there and wait like a mindless fool DX

Pretty much this.

I alternate between which spots on the MC I hover my mouse over, and I swap between the MC and the AP, too. I like to get on when there's not that many other people, or during a new release because then everybody is going for the new eggs. xd.png

I alternate between which spots on the MC I hover my mouse over, and I swap between the MC and the AP, too. I like to get on when there's not that many other people, or during a new release because then everybody is going for the new eggs. xd.png

I do that too. xd.png It's almost easier to find rares when there's a new release.

I do that too. xd.png It's almost easier to find rares when there's a new release.

I think it's because people hover over it going "IT'S A RARE! ...BUT I MUST GET THE NEW!" xd.png

I stalk the Rare Eggs and Hatchies departure board! Or I trade... I had to trade to get my papers, I always miss them.

I've tried the 'sit there and smash the poor F5 button' thing. I did manage to SEE a couple of dinos, but I didn't get them...

The ultimate secret of all; CAKE!!!! sit around like a lifeless fool that refreshes the cave page all day.

I memorized all the descriptions, and I refresh very fast while watching for certain key words/letters.

It's not completely foolproof but works about 80-90% of the time.

Same here. It's like when I see a description of a rare egg my brain goes into 'Autopilot' mode and I instantly click it, sometimes without thinking. I know it sounds weird, but it became a reflex.

Patience. Lots of it. It's really been put to the test in the past and will continue to be as I hope to catch OR trade for some of the rarest eggs in the game as those are the only one I have yet to collect. Ohmmmm

I put my mouse over the first spot too (that's how I got Papirusu)...and I have a habit of trying to catch Whites in the AP in case they're Silvers in disguise...it's hard to tell the difference. xd.png

Edited by Emerald_Shadowclaw

I put my cursor over the third egg on the main page and press F5 over and over. If I see one pop into that spot, I click.

I'm doing the same thing biggrin.gif

Just be patient smile.gif

Nya nya, I know. I saw a pink egg in the cave yesterday, and I swear I did not tell my hand to click it. It just automatically reacted. BTW, I got the egg. I still don't fully understand why it's cave-born......

Also, when I go to the site to find I'm not logged in, there is ALWAYS a dino egg just sitting there. It's happened every time now, and starting to get a bit creeped out...... wacko.gif

I'm just trying to be quick c:

I don't use F5 because for me it refreshes the page very slowly, so I just click the link or cave button and press enter, then quickly move my mouse onto the third egg in the cave or on some egg that I want in AP.

and I have the same, always when I've not logged in or move first time to the cave page when I've logged in, there's a dino or chicken.

Luck. Pure luck.

Descriptions help too, like when 'electric sparks dances across surfaces' isn't exactly a rare Thunder.

Basically, I get rares by spending hours refreshing and then hopefully being lucky enough to be the first one to click on it.

moreorless this... xd.png

Basically, I get rares by spending hours refreshing and then hopefully being lucky enough to be the first one to click on it.

Same here. xd.png

I would also like to add that your cpu SHOULD be quite fast... obviously it DOES help when you're constantly on the hunt for Rares!

I hunt long and hard until I get rares but latly now that I have so many they just seem to fall into my lap without much work at all. I have fast reflexes and a fast computer so that helps me a lot. I usualy go back and forth bettween the cave and the AP rather than refresh unless the AP has some rather nice eggs comming in.

I stalk the cave until I'm loaded with eggs, that's what usually happens for me. Sometimes I get lucky, other times I don't.

I stalk the cave until I'm loaded with eggs, that's what usually happens for me. Sometimes I get lucky, other times I don't.

It is always this wait, ain't it? happy.gif Sometimes you're satisfied, sometimes you're contempt, and sometimes you're like "meh....."

It is always this wait, ain't it? happy.gif Sometimes you're satisfied, sometimes you're contempt, and sometimes you're like "meh....."

Yes!!! This.

I usually sit for hours and end up with...a paper xd.png

But in the end, I'm happy happy.gif

Way back when I started to play, the sit on main and point to the 3rd egg strategy works brilliantly. There is at least one cb gold/silver at every hour so persistence almost always works.

Now, with the ratio being whacked out, that strategy doesn't seems to work anymore, in fact, it is excruciating. Luck plays out more than persistence, determination, and patience, IMHO.

So, what to do? Trade, stalk the Departure Thread (ahem!), sign up for TGT, The Gold Gifting Group, The So You Want a Silver Egg group, the Rare Breeders group, etc. There are many ways to obtain the elusive metals now. That is one advantage that the current players have that we, the oldies didn't back then.

Good luck with your quest!

Yes!!! This.

I usually sit for hours and end up with...a paper xd.png

But in the end, I'm happy happy.gif

I hear ya biggrin.gif

Pure, unadulterated luck. CB silver was beginner's luck, the second egg I clicked and I didn't understand for an entire year what it was I had... I wasn't in the forums. Since then, I've gotten a blue dino and two papers... all the rest of mine are gifts and trades and FFAs.

I refresh the cave as often as I can and I'm looking for keywords. I don't read the whole description, so it's easier smile.gif

what I would prefer to know, which browser do you use?

some month ago I prefered Opera with disabled functions, but now Mozilla Firefox seems to be faster and so I'm hunting with Firefox.