Skypool

How Do YOU catch a rare egg

Well as you know commons ALWAYS are blocking rare eggs.So I want to know how do you catch them?

This thread goes for uncommons too

I put my cursor over the third egg on the main page and press F5 over and over. If I see one pop into that spot, I click.

I put my cursor over the third egg on the main page and press F5 over and over. If I see one pop into that spot, I click.

Funny ^.^ me too

But sometimes my rare catch technique isnt exactly fullproof!I have found 2 inbred alt blacks 2 inbred stripes

So I want to know how do you catch them?

Simple, I don't catch them. That's why they're called RARE.

EDIT: I rely of gifting and scheduled drops

Edited by CYDA LUVA83

I go back and forth from the cave to the AP. If I see an uncommon (never have I even SEEN a rare) I go to it and click it as many times as I can. It helps to have a mouse if your on a laptop.

I memorized all the descriptions, and I refresh very fast while watching for certain key words/letters.

It's not completely foolproof but works about 80-90% of the time.

My main problem is I really like pebbles, so I never have space to go looking for rare eggs, usually.

yeah it is good to have a mouse!BTW I caught a paper by just clicking f5 with my cursor over the first thingy

I trade for them and mash my finger over F5 on the /abandoned/CODE page. So much more reliable than sitting at the front page ;')

Since I am the queen of missclicks, that is how I try to get them, but usually, I end up disappointed.

I am way more successful getting them from the AP.

There's not so much to say about it, really. Well, spend more time hunting. Be patient. Focus on the 3rd egg. Be fast at clicking. Don't be upset, if you're not fast enough. Practice clicking. Continue trying. Don't click the egg more than one time. Click and just relax waiting.

And yes, learn all the descriptions of desired eggs by heart!!! That really helps, if you can immediately click recognizing just one word from the description.

Edited by Outer Space

I try but since there is like 40 dragons I procrastinate then forget some descriptions

I really dont think the third spot doesnt work!A RARE egg (dino) popped on the first spot

I click it. wink.gif

Seriously though, it just takes patience and a bit of luck. Not much more to it than that (although admittedly have a fast connection helps). tongue.gif

Please do not double post use the edit button.

Basically, I get rares by spending hours refreshing and then hopefully being lucky enough to be the first one to click on it.

I really dont think the third spot doesnt work!A RARE egg (dino) popped on the first spot

That's because the 2 eggs before it were also snapped up about the same time, automatically popping the 3rd egg to the first spot. It happens on occasion.

I don't bother memorizing whole descriptions, but just key words of the egg I'm hunting for. Of course, sometimes that backfires, like when I'm hunting silvers, and looking for the word "glow", and reflex click on the Sun eggs. lol It also helps to get a feel for description lengths; Silver and Trios (except for the Thunder) are short descriptions, while gold is a bit longer. Dino descriptions are much longer (most of them), etc.

But yeah, patience helps. And when the patience wears thin, I go on breeding sprees. xd.png

Edited by Gyps13

Patience.. Big key to it all, Practice, and timing. Before i hunt the cave i like to practice in AP.. so i can click and abandon. It gets my reflexes fresh.

Memorize the phrase you want and ONLY hunt for that phrase..

and most of all.. relax and have fun.

i grabbed a chicken from the AP...even now, it seems as if it happened by magic... huh.gif

*oh my, i grabbed a chicken!*

Same exact thing that I do tongue.gif

Yeah, I hover over the third slot too... but Ive only gotten like two rares from that... I just rely on gifts/trades/scheduled drops, etc. Its hard to catch them tongue.gif

Because I have no life, I sit at both the cave and the AP, flicking back and forth between the two, for a seemingly amazing number of hours. @_@ I hover near the third spot and spazclick anything rare that pops up, and that helps.

Other than that, I rely on trades, gifts, and AP snags for my rares. My first few rares were actually gifts and AP catches.

Patience is the key. @_@