Infinis

The Redwall Series

Has anybody watched the animated series? I recently finished watching the Martin the Warrior episodes. Sad, but good. :/

I watched all of them when I was younger - the animated Mattimeo will always be my favorite - it was probably my favorite book too. I've been meaning to search the 'net for DVD copies or something of them because it's literally been years since I last saw them. ;A;

I recently bought The Rogue Crew on my Kindle and ordered the Redwall Cookbook <3 I feel so sad knowing the The Rogue Crew will be the last Redwall book ever because he's dead...;___; I've spent years reading them since my friend introduced me to them and I've read every single one. ;____;

I think if I were a Redwall animal I'd be an otter. They're so much fun <3

Oh my gosh, I love Redwall!! <3 I haven't read all the books yet but I've read enough to know that it's an amazing series. ^^

I ordered The Sable Quean a few days ago.

Got home, found the package in the mail, did a happy dance.

I can't wait to read it. <3

I'm rereading the series yet another time. Nostalgia. ♥

My first exposure to the series was when I was seven and the animated series was being broadcast on TV. I watched the first few episodes, until episode 4 when Warbeak was going "Killee!" and my dad said that it's a big kid show and I shouldn't be watching it.

I first read Redwall the summer before high school because I'd heard people saying it was good. I checked it out from the library, then got extremely sick with Lyme Disease and Ehrlichiosis (like Lyme Disease, but rarer and more deadly) at the same time. I was sick in bed for almost three months, and most days I felt too sick to even lay there and watch TV, but my mind was bored. I read a page or so whenever I felt up to it, and slowly worked my way through it. When I didn't feel good enough to read, I pictured his vivid world in my mind. It was wonderful to get well again and check out Mossflower. smile.gif

Has anyone listened to the audiobooks? They're the best audiobooks I've ever heard. Read by a full cast, with nice music between the chapters, and they sing all the songs, and narrated by Jacques. My local library had almost the entire series on tape. Now they're phasing out of tape audiobooks, so I'm keeping an eye open during the library's summer booksale. I managed to snag Martin the Warrior last year; this year I noticed several more were pulled from the system so I'm hoping to get those - especially Outcast of Redwall. Either that one or High Rhulain is my favorite audiobook.

Just out of curiosity, are there any fans of the Redwall series on here? I've read most, if not all, of the original series, including the two newest ones. I'm really disappointed that there won't be any more of the series, though, since the author passed away a few years ago.

(Melts out of ether and raises hand.) Redwall was one of the series I finished before I stopped going to the library, though I didn't know Jaques died. D: May he rest in peace.

Hm, favorites... I don't know if I had a favorite. It's been long enough since I've read them that I don't remember half of the books' plots. xd.png I'm definitely trying to collect them all though. The first one that comes to mind is Eulia(?), which I think is mostly battle stuff, so of course that's a favorite right off the bat! Taggerung is the only one I own right now, so that's the next one I can think up right away. There's another one I can vaguely remember that I loved, but I can't recall the name right now...

But yes, I am a Redwall fan, albeit an out-of-date one, heh heh. (Melts back into the ether).

Edited by skwerl56767

(Melts out of ether and raises hand.) Redwall was one of the series I finished before I stopped going to the library, though I didn't know Jaques died. D: May he rest in peace.

Hm, favorites... I don't know if I had a favorite. It's been long enough since I've read them that I don't remember half of the books' plots. xd.png I'm definitely trying to collect them all though. The first one that comes to mind is Eulia(?), which I think is mostly battle stuff, so of course that's a favorite right off the bat! Taggerung is the only one I own right now, so that's the next one I can think up right away. There's another one I can vaguely remember that I loved, but I can't recall the name right now...

But yes, I am a Redwall fan, albeit an out-of-date one, heh heh. (Melts back into the ether).

I'm glad to meet a fellow Redwall fan on here! If I remember right, the name of the book you mentioned is Eulalia, and the title of the book is also the Salamandastron and Long Patrol war cry. Honestly, I can't really say which book is my favorite from the series, but I think it would be either Taggerung or Marlfox, which was the first Redwall book I ever read, back in jr. high school. I've read another book by the same author, and if I remember right, it's called Castaways of the Flying Dutchman. And I would absolutely love to collect all of the Redwall series, but haven't been able to find them anywhere.

Redwall is my favorite book series. I've read every single one of them except for the last one and I own 8 of them.

My favorite one is Taggerung. I love the story of the young otter being taken, raised by villains, trained to be a merciless killer and yet still be good at heart.

ETA: I also like the animated series that were made. They stayed pretty loyal to the show and I loved that they got Tim Curry to play the voice of Skullrag in the Mattimeo series.

And I would absolutely love to collect all of the Redwall series, but haven't been able to find them anywhere.
My first redwall books came from the book club that my library hosted. The others I bought at Books'a'million which still sell them. I also lucked out and found a nice copy of Mariel of Redwall at a church yard sale which was a nice surprise. Edited by Syiren

I have every Redwall Book and I have reread them many times, I keep them in chronological order

I love the stories of all the books

one of my favourite things of the series is that there is always a death of one of the mains or important characters, but in the later books it feels like Brian Jacques eased back on those deaths

in the earlier books I tear up at the deaths, in Loamhedge I actually cry at their death, but the later ones its just meh

I was heartbroken when Brian Jacques died

Oh hey hello series I forgot about. I read most of them although I don't remember much save Matthias and miscellaneous things, and there was at least one book that didn't exist in any library.

Redwall is my favorite book series. I've read every single one of them except for the last one and I own 8 of them.

My favorite one is Taggerung. I love the story of the young otter being taken, raised by villains, trained to be a merciless killer and yet still be good at heart.

ETA: I also like the animated series that were made. They stayed pretty loyal to the show and I loved that they got Tim Curry to play the voice of Skullrag in the Mattimeo series.

My first redwall books came from the book club that my library hosted. The others I bought at Books'a'million which still sell them. I also lucked out and found a nice copy of Mariel of Redwall at a church yard sale which was a nice surprise.

I've read them all of them, and I love to reread them, because I always pick up on things I missed the first few times. And I used to have two of the series, Mattimeo and Mossflower, if I remember right. I'll just have to keep looking to see if I can find them. And thanks for the tip. I'll have to see if there's a Books'a'million around here. Also, I had no idea they had a miniseries. I'll definitely have to check that out!

I've read them all of them, and I love to reread them, because I always pick up on things I missed the first few times. And I used to have two of the series, Mattimeo and Mossflower, if I remember right. I'll just have to keep looking to see if I can find them. And thanks for the tip. I'll have to see if there's a Books'a'million around here. Also, I had no idea they had a miniseries. I'll definitely have to check that out!

Oh yeah, Books'a'Million is an excellent store.

After I posted my first comment I went and looked at the volumes I had and found out I have(because I forgot which ones I owned. xd.png) :

1.Mossflower

2. Redwall

3. Taggerung

4. Marlfox

5. Outcast

6. Euliala (sp?)

7. The Sable Queen

8. Mariel of Redwall

Aside from Taggerung being my favorite story, I really like Triss. That's the one I'd love to add to my collection. It's been a while since I've read it too. Gah! It's so hard to choose a favorite in this series. Mossflower was also an excellent read! And now I have to go and reread it. Oh well, its been a few years. smile.gif

Here's a playlist which has all the episodes from all three seasons of Redwall. It follows the trilogy of the three books, Redwall, Matimeo and Martin the Warrior. Enjoy! smile.gif

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fqd-DACzMiA...326FCA2D69EC726

Edited by Syiren

I'll agree, I love the book Triss. I copied down the code that was used as the royal code for the Riftguard ferrets, and I've never forgotten it. And thanks for the link to the youtube video. I'll definitely have to check that out!