Infinis

The Redwall Series

I love this series. The first book was my favorite.

I really need to reread all the older ones again. x3 I'm forgetting them, lol

I really need to reread all the older ones again. x3 I'm forgetting them, lol

I need to re-read the first book. I haven't read it in a long, long time. x3

lol, the first book is the one I remember the best! Maybe because it was just so...special.

I haven't read those books for years. They were pretty awesome, though. ^^

"Marlfox" is probably my favourite, but I liked "Lord Brocktree" also. It was the first book I read with a wildcat in it...

Also, does anyone remember which book Russa Nodrey was in? She was awesome, but I don't remember!

She was in The Long Patrol.I liked that, but it wasn't my favorite.

I liked Mossflower for some reason.

And I likd the first book.

And Mariel

I think Marlfox was the last Redwall book I read. Used to love 'em when I was younger. The hares and badgers were always my favourite characters, so it should come as no surprise that my favourite books were [salamandastron and The Long Patrol.

Edit: belated coding fail

Edited by TikindiDragon

(some spoilers ahead, ahaha)

I remember looking at the section for new kid's books at my library, picking up High Rhulain because it looked cool, checking it out, reading it, and going "o__O What? I'm so confused." Over the years I made numerous attempts at reading the whole series, but they fizzled out. Then I got inspired by one of my friends, who also reads the series, to try and reread it again. Currently I'm up to Triss. =3

Anyways. The hares are awesome, I sniffled at the deaths of some characters (Cregga and, surprisingly, Friar Hugo in Mattimeo come to mind), and I'm slowly but surely going along. Redwall, Mossflower, and Lord Brocktree are probably my favorites.

I think I read all of them up to 2007, when I.. rapidly forgot about them.

Really liked the series when I was younger, but after a few years I got a bit tired of the black-and-white morality and how all of a particular animal would have to be good or bad.

Anyways. The hares are awesome, I sniffled at the deaths of some characters (Cregga and, surprisingly, Friar Hugo in Mattimeo come to mind), and I'm slowly but surely going along. Redwall, Mossflower, and Lord Brocktree are probably my favorites.

I love the hares. My Redwall Fan-Fiction is about a hare.

I had so much fun writing her accent, and the accent

of the other hares I used. <3

Anywho... Lord Brocktree was a really good one.

I've read it twice, I think. My favorite part is when Dotti

has that three-day challenge with King Bucko. (:

I haven't read Mossflower, though. I guess I need to. X-D

I agree, Kadoatie, but you have to admit that weasels and vermin aren't what you'd consider 'good' anyway. xd.png

Marlfox was epic. I loved the Marlfoxes...and the island was epic. lol

Yesh, read Mossflower, it's epicness also.

Okay, so she was in "The long patrol".

Thanks. biggrin.gif

I do agree about the black-and-white thing though, mainly.

But wasn't there a rat in one book that "saw the light"?

I don't remember a good rat. *begins to go through her redwall books*

I do agree about the black-and-white thing though, mainly.

But wasn't there a rat in one book that "saw the light"?

SPOLIER THINGY JUST IN CASE

Yes! I can't remember what book he was in, but there was a rat who became good. He was sea rat who turned good after his captain killed a Redwaller. Badger Mum Mellus, I think.

Tyto Alba- Yes! That's right!

When that badger died was the only time I've cried over a story in ages. ^^

Tyto Alba- Yes! That's right!

When that badger died was the only time I've cried over a story in ages. ^^

I felt really bad when Mum Mellus died. Though I did actually cry when *spoiler* Cregga died. >_>

I wish I could remember which book that evil-turned-good rat was in! I want to read it now. X-D

Brian Jacques died on the 5th. His books were a huge part of my childhood and are still a fond read even into adulthood. I'm struggling with the fact that there will be no more Redwall books, since they were so wonderful and I wanted to take a moment to honor the memory of a great author. I hope everyone else who grew up on the stories of warrior mice, fighting badgers, and wonderful food (drools a little), will take a moment with me to remember Brian Jacques and wish him well into the next life.

Edit: I knew there was a discussion thread about the Redwall books, but it hadn't been touched in so long, and I didn't want this memorial to get overlooked. If this does count as a duplicate, I won't argue it being closed, but I really wanted to see this great man remembered and a new thread seemed like the best way to do that.

Edited by Eluin Gentry

Oh, no... D: I used to really like his books as well.

I was shocked by the news. He was always a writer whose books were full of spirit and innocence. If you don't know, his 22nd and last book, "The Rogue Crow", is to be released May 3rd 2011. I had a copy of Redwall and still have it, but I never got around to finishing all the books due to bad time management. He will be foerever missed. sad.gif

There was a small piece in the paper about it, here. But not much. I always loved his books when I was younger. It's sad that he's passed. =(

What? He's dead? NUUUUUUUUU!!!!!! /sadface sob. I was such a fan of all his books.... He will be remembered.

Brian Jacques was/is is my favorite author. His books have been a huge part of my childhood. He will be missed by readers all around the world.

Eulalia!