AngelArtist

Have You Heard of/Do You Have This?

Have you heard of synesthesia? Do you know someone with synesthesia?  

377 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I don't believe i have seen someone say these two names

But what colour is Brittany and Xavier?

Brittany-Sparkly hot pink

Xavier-Moss green

Cassidy-deep purple

Marison-Neon-ish orange

Shelby-powder pink

Sonora-electric blue

Skittles,Rainbow ,Natashya,Starial ,Lulu, Sarah, Mary,Jewel

Names of random friends + my pets

I've heard of it; I read a book about a character who had it once. It was called A Mango-Shaped Space and it's by Wendy Mass.

It's been a long time since I read it, but as I recall, it was a good read, and informative about synesthesia.

>.>

<.<

Ahem. What color is Abby/Abigail?

*couldn't help herself*

~Feathers

Ooh, I love Wendy Mass~=3

I've read about it, too, but in a different book...I can't remember the name...

Brittany-Sparkly hot pink

Xavier-Moss green

Cassidy-deep purple

Marison-Neon-ish orange

Shelby-powder pink

Sonora-electric blue

What about Christine? and Elisa?

Some of these abilities sound like a hassle, but yours sounds like fun. Is it? I heard about a guy who associates words with various tastes, but that ability seems like it could be annoying. What if your best friend's name tasted like rotten eggs? Not fun.

Edited by Enitsnid

Has anyone ever heard of Situs Inversus with Levocardia otherwise known as Situs Inversus Incompletus?

It's a heart condition where your born with a backwards heart. One in 22 thousand ppl have it. It doesn't affect your health really. There are other forms of it. I can't remember the names but, they're like, all of your organs are backwards and all that weird stuff. To think, I'm one in 22 thousand with it yet I'm more interested in the fact that my birthday's on the same day as David Tennants...

Saiph, what does that have to do with synesthesia? o.O

And no, I haven't heard of it...

Christine-Powder blue

Elisa-Ginger-red

Abby-Pinkish-orange, but not quite salmon-y

Abigail-Classic smiley-face yellow

Zim, GIR, and Dib don't have colors, (as much as I love Invader Zim) and I know I already posted the color for Johnny.

Todd-Army-ish green

Skittles and Rainbow don't have colors for me, either.

Natashya-Purple and orange

Starial-Deep blue

Lulu-Light orange

Sarah-Purple

Mary-Lavender and white

Jewel-Green and orange

Pst, you don't have to double post. Just use the edit button. wink.gif It's also againshttp://forums.dragcave.net/index.php?showtopic=98135&st=80&hl=t the DC rules...

Pst, you don't have to double post. Just use the edit button. wink.gif It's also againshttp://forums.dragcave.net/index.php?showtopic=98135&st=80&hl=t the DC rules...

Oh, whoopsie!! ^-^"""" thanks for the info! I was wondering what that "WARN: 10%" thingy meant..... Hahahaha ah well, now I know!

Um, you might want to fix it...like, delete a post, or something.

I REMEMBERED THE BOOK THE MENTIONED SYNESTHESIA! It was:

The Name of This Book is Secret

I don't associate colors with names.

I actually associate animals with names biggrin.gif

they tend to vary on the people I know.

But reading the name list, I don't read colors, I'm seeing animals with each name

It can be fun sometimes, but when I'm trying to pay attention somewhere and people are talking all at once, the colors of their voices get mixed up in my head and start to burn so brightly that I'll get headaches, and same goes for when someone either repeats a name a lot, or says a lot of different names very rapidly. The colors start to blend and glow very brightly in my head and I'll either get a huge headache, or I'll begin to get dizzy. One of my friends knows this about me, so whenever I start to annoy her, she just repeats my name (Monica-Light turquoise and lavender) over and over again very quickly until I shut up xd.png otherwise, it's absolutely amazing to have synesthesia! If I find a really good song where the lyrics don't bug me and the colors just work, I can totally zone out and get into this sort of "zen" place where I can just casually focus on the colored ribbons of light in my head (that's how I "see" this stuff) and practically fall asleep. But I can also just push the colors to the back of my mind and try to ignore them, which is how I can deal well in my school cafeteria, or in an assembly where nobody will shut up!

Wow, that's really fascinating. Thanks for being such a good sport answering all these questions. I wonder if an ability like yours would aid in a person's artistic ability...

our Chinese teacher have ever tell us it ,for example ,you can use smell to describe the sound,this is it .

I wonder if an ability like yours would aid in a person's artistic ability...

It does help me with my art, and quite a lot. I was in the advanced art class this past year and on my final exam painting, I did a surrealism painting based on what I see in my head when I listen to different songs at the same time (i.e.: having the radio on but having my iPod playing in one ear) and I added some small decorations to it like flowers, animals, and suns/moons. I thought it looked amazing, especially considering how horrible I am at painting with acryllics X3 it was also really fun to do, because if I don't focus very hard on a song, the song in general will have it's own color, but if I concentrate on parts of the music, the colors of the singers' voice(s) and the different instruments will slowly seperate and become their own "ribbons", but I can't hold that for very long, or else I get dizzy... >..< but the painting looked so cool!!! :D

Wow, that's really fascinating. Thanks for being such a good sport answering all these questions. I wonder if an ability like yours would aid in a person's artistic ability...

Mmm.... yes and no.

Yes, because you can come up with some really nice stuff. No, because sometimes it's just impossible to correctly show things.

I've heard of it; I read a book about a character who had it once. It was called A Mango-Shaped Space and it's by Wendy Mass.

I just realized that I rea that book too! I read it last summer when I first learned I had synesthesia! It was such a good book! I'm just wondering if that accupuncture thing she gets in the book would happen for me, but I hate needles, even if it doesn't hurt >..<" but that book was a really great read. I wonder what happened to my copy of it... I can't find it anywhere!! D:

You know what's funny? All the colors Angel's giving to names, as soon as I read them I think, "Hey, yeah, that makes sense!" It's funny. smile.gif

Angel, I'm going to ask you for a few.

Charlie

Alice

Juliet

Tristan

Dave

Sophie

Thank you! smile.gif This is fun. smile.gif

Hey can you tell me what Casey is?

Thanx in advance

But I think my friend does have it

I've heard of it, but i forgot what it was called, i remember talking about it in Child Psych class. I think its cool how ppl can "smell" music, and "hear" colors, or anything like that. smile.gif

Could you tell me what my name would be? its Ana. happy.gif

I don't know anyone who has this, that I know of, and don't know if I've ever heard of it before, but I find it absolutely fascinating. xd.png

(What color is "Amber?") Sorry couldn't help myself lol.

I Lol'd. Seriously, what kind of weed do you use for such amazing results? or you're muuusssshroooom fan?

Try Latin words. bet they have nice colour schemes.