AngelArtist

Have You Heard of/Do You Have This?

Have you heard of synesthesia? Do you know someone with synesthesia?  

377 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

What color would Keifer be?

Keifer is a strange one... It's a bit faint, but I can tell that it's maroon

What about Angie? Shreya?

*tries to think of all her friends*

They'll be interested ^^

I clicked the "haven't heard of it" option before I recognised the word. I read a book

once about a girl with synesthesia.

Agh, I told myself I wouldn't ask, but I can't help my curiosity. XD What colour do you see Lydia as?

I hadn't heard of synaesthesia before this thread came up, so all the posts in here were very interesting to me. I can't imagine how it must be...I'd probably be terribly distracted by my senses crisscrossing all the time! Now I feel like doing some more reading on the matter... *wanders off to google*

I've sort of got it. The letter C for example turns yellow for me.

Also, I see things when I hear music. Not the usual daydream, but whenever music starts to play, part of my mind instantly starts adding things the air around me. It's cool to listen to dark, sad, classic music. I see little storms building up in the air. Maybe that's not synaesthesia, but then again maybe it is.

I forget which composer it was, but a classic composer had synaesthesia. He saw colors with different types of music. So a lot of his music was based off the color he wanted.

Also, I can taste stuff by smelling them.

What color is Ethril?

Ooooh! I like Anca! It's such a pretty shade of emerald green! biggrin.gif

Thank you loads!

Honestly, I had no idea what synesthesia was before I started reading this thread. xd.png So... To put it simply, it's 'seeing' sound?

Angie-bright yellow and white

Lydia-carnation pink

Shreya-Christmas-y red

Ethril-salmon pink

I think I might have this, if sight/smell counts. I can be watching a movie or playing a videogame and I will suddenly "smell" whatever I'm watching/playing. For example, yesterday, my dad was watching a video on youtube. When I looked at it, I smelled a musty, smokey smell. It was only when I watched the video. As soon as I focused on something else, the smell went away.

Thanks, Angel. Sorry-this is the last set, I promise!

Ashley? Emily? Alex?

I think I might have this, if sight/smell counts. I can be watching a movie or playing a videogame and I will suddenly "smell" whatever I'm watching/playing. For example, yesterday, my dad was watching a video on youtube. When I looked at it, I smelled a musty, smokey smell. It was only when I watched the video. As soon as I focused on something else, the smell went away.

This sometimes happens to me.

Tis pretty cool when you're watching movies.

The girl who writes Hyperbole and a Half (she invented the alot.png ) has a form of synthesia where she attaches personalities to inanimate objects.... I've heard of it a couple other places too; I think I saw an episode of Nova on PBS once about it.

What colors are Carolyn and Alvin? :3

I have this! I smell in colors. I don't physically see them though, I see them in my head. But there's always a definite color.

Like right now I smell shampoo, it smells neon blue. happy.gif

Now I'm curious what color my name is... what color is Zane?

I'd never heard of it before reading this post.

Ashley-spring green and light pink

Emily-grassy green and yellow

Alex-forest green

Carolyn-hot pink

Alvin-brick red

Zane-black and neon green

Becca-violet

Okay, thanks, Angel! =3

No problem! If you think up any names, I'll gladly give you the color(s) for them (: just try not to repeat any from other thingies I've posted ^,..,^ <--- vampire smiley

I don't have it, although out of boredom some of these things happen anyway.

Anyway the poll option, 'Dude what are you smoking?' reminded me of my health class. tongue.gif Apparently LSD users mix up their senses and can smell colors, etc.

Anyway the poll option, 'Dude what are you smoking?' reminded me of my health class. tongue.gif Apparently LSD users mix up their senses and can smell colors, etc.

I heard that too, but I've never done drugs, and I don't intend to ever try them xd.png plus, I've been able to fit colors to peoples names and voices, and to music for as long as I can remember, though I used to think everybody could. Ahahaha long and awkward story... X3

Hey, Angel, could you tell me what color my name is?

I just think I should PM it to you, since it's not that common. >.<

I just think I should PM it to you, since it's not that common. >.<

I knew I forgot something!!! If you guys want to know your name colors or your friends' name colors, but don't feel comfortable posting the names here, please, feel free to pm me! I'll get back to you as soon as I can, and I promise I won't ignore you (:

Ashley-spring green and light pink

Emily-grassy green and yellow

Alex-forest green

Carolyn-hot pink

Alvin-brick red

Zane-black and neon green

Becca-violet

Thank you. ^w^

I've heard of it but I don't have it. Now I kinda wish I did.

I don't really mind saying my name so oh well. What colors are Marison, Shelby, and Sonora please? I think it's cool that you can see colors for names. biggrin.gif