AngelArtist

Have You Heard of/Do You Have This?

Have you heard of synesthesia? Do you know someone with synesthesia?  

377 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I Lol'd. Seriously, what kind of weed do you use for such amazing results? or you're muuusssshroooom fan?

Try Latin words. bet they have nice colour schemes.

LOL as much as you want, but it is a real condition and one that comes from miswiring in the brain.

My friend told me about this. It's so godflippin amazing!

Could you please tell me what colour you see "Samantha" as? I'm sorry if people are treating you like a novelty toy or something, but I'm really quite interested.

Samantha- pink and white, almost plaid

Charlie- deep red

Alice- powdery light blue and baby pink

Juliet- peachy-pink/orange

Tristan- army green

Dave- navy blue

Sophie- lime green

Casey- bubblegum pink

Amber- oddly enough, Amber is not the color amber. It's more of a deep, earthy brown

Ana- rosy pink

@Thorn: I don't mind everyone asking about these things, I find it fun, or else I wouldn't have created this thread in the first place! Plus, I think more people should know about synesthesia, because it's an interesting condition, and there are so many different types of it that people could be living with synesthesia and not even know it!

Edited by AngelArtist

Kind of funny, I've been thinking of reviving my little story with synethese characters, and this thread gets revived xd.png -is glad to see that-

... and I'm still interested in what Paine looks like xd.png If you don't mind ^^

Kind of funny, I've been thinking of reviving my little story with synethese characters, and this thread gets revived xd.png -is glad to see that-

... and I'm still interested in what Paine looks like xd.png If you don't mind ^^

Oh, jeez, I haven't looked at this thread in so long (I became inactive once school started, 'cause I wasn't sure if I would be able to answer so many questions when I'm just starting high school), and I guess I missed where you asked that! Sorry 'bout that ^^""" but I may have mentioned before that for me, only first names have color, and unfortunately, "Paine" doesn't have a color for me ><"

I can attribute a pitch to flavors...

Paine? It looks blue and pink for me.

Edited by caramba2654

Oh, jeez, I haven't looked at this thread in so long (I became inactive once school started, 'cause I wasn't sure if I would be able to answer so many questions when I'm just starting high school), and I guess I missed where you asked that! Sorry 'bout that ^^""" but I may have mentioned before that for me, only first names have color, and unfortunately, "Paine" doesn't have a color for me ><"

Really? Huh, weird.

And what do you mean by just 'first names'? Simply because so many names can be a first name, or some can be first and last...

I find synesthia a facinating subject, and I'd love to learn more about it.

If you don't mind my asking, may I ask what Tyler looks like?

I can attribute a pitch to flavors...

Paine? It looks blue and pink for me.

That's so cool!!! biggrin.gif What's my name (Monica) look like?

And Tyler is a funny combination of navy and light blues :3 and of course I don't mind you asking! Why would I have made this thread if I would mind people asking what color their names/their friends names were?

Edited by AngelArtist

I don't have synesthesia. Do sounds in general do anything? rolleyes.gif

Might I ask, what does Evangeline look like? tongue.gif

Edited by evangeline5432

Ah, thank you both for the answers. Interestingly enough, navy blue and green are some of my favorite colors.

I see shapey-line-things when I hear music. Dunno if that counts.

(No colors, only shapes based on volume, pitch, tone, etc.)

Edited by like-a-wind

Sounds in general don't really show colors for me, but the one instrument that is different is a drum/percussion instrument. Instead of a ribbon of color, I see a hazy red/purple/yellow circle (depending on the instrument being used.

Evangeline is a warm yellow color :3

Evangeline? Hard to tell, but I think brown/pink.

Occasionally. Some sounds can produce a flash of color or something for me, but for the most part, it's music and voices. However, in doing some research for a character, I've found that some people might react to any sounds.

I see shapey-line-things when I hear music. Dunno if that counts.

(No colors, only shapes based on volume, pitch, tone, etc.)

This happens to me too.

My line dances around to match the beat and rhythym of the music, occasionally changing colors.

I've heard of this, and I think I even read a book about it. "Mango-colored Space", was it? This sounds very cool, though I have one question: can it be distracting in work/learning environments? Don't mean to sound rude, it's just that I imagine it to be very distracting if you're trying to work and you keep seeing shapes in the air whenever you hear a noise.

What color is Azila(since I'm kind of iffy about giving out my name), too? Because I would very much like to know. wink.gif

I've heard of this, and I think I even read a book about it. "Mango-colored Space", was it? This sounds very cool, though I have one question: can it be distracting in work/learning environments? Don't mean to sound rude, it's just that I imagine it to be very distracting if you're trying to work and you keep seeing shapes in the air whenever you hear a noise.

What color is Azila(since I'm kind of iffy about giving out my name), too? Because I would very much like to know. wink.gif

It's not something that you can't control. At least for me. I have to be focused to the thing actually happen. Or it has to be very strong.

Synesthesia is pretty neat. I have a few friends who are synesthetic. Personally, I've had a handful of synesthetic... "moments" in the past year or so... I'll be working on a piece of artwork or focusing on colours for an extended period, and then I can taste them. It started happening when I was colouring for hours on end... but it's only happened a few times, and only with certain colours. (Pink is sour, but kind of sweet. Cooler pinks are more tart, warmer pinks more sweet. I have a range of markers that evoke strong fruit flavors, the lightest warm being watermelon and the darkest cool being raspberry. Green is tangy, slightly citrus. Blue tastes weird. Not bad... just... makes my mouth water kind of... indescribable taste.) This really only happens when I'm very tired and extremely focused, though.

Alsooooo, Acid can cause synesthesia, so while it is a naturally occurring condition it can also be caused by drugs. (Personally, I don't do that stuff. But hey. It's a valid "accusation" of the condition.)

For me, it's not "noise" that gives me the colors. It's music, names, or voices, so school assemblies were HORRIBLE for me, especially when no one would stop talking! The colors of the voices around me would get very bright and intense, and the farther away voices would get smushed together into one big blob of color, and if I was too tired that day, I wouldn't be able to ignore it (which is what I usually do), and I would end up with a pounding headache that would last for hours Dx thankfully, I am now in a private Catholic high school, and people actually stop talking when a teacher starts talking, but lunch can still be an issue, especially if I'm tired or upset.

One of my closest friends actually has synethesia in the letters and numbers each having colours, and mixing in some way when they form words with the first letter contributing most colour. She actually wrote me out a list of what letters are what colour a few years back and I still have it somewhere. biggrin.gif

She also prefers writing in black pen as opposed to any other colour because it "screws with the colours" while she's writing.

And out of curiosity of comparison to her colours, what are Alissa and Jessica?

"Heard of it, don't have it."

i've seen a few specials on it and done a little research before. being a psyh major, I find it pretty fascinating.