Dr. Paine

Are there other episodes out already? I saw only 1-3. I want to watch when all the episodes are out so I can watch continuously.

Also, where do you watch the series? I watch it online at watchcartoononline.com Although I watch ATLA on television.

I have a ton of links to the show if you'd like, just PM me. Yeah, I prefer binge-watching over the weekly episodes LOL. I just hate waiting. But this season is actually worth the weekly wait instead of the continuous watching.

Also, we are now up to episode 6&7 for those of you who are behind. Episode 4&5 aired yesterday Friday, the 11th. Be sure to catch up! smile.gif)

aHHH i am sCREAMING these eps were sooooooooo good.

Where to start, where to start? I loved it all, so many feels. ;~;

I am loving Jinora more and more and oh my gosh her and Kai are so adorable. I'm really glad Jinora retained such a strong connection to the spiritual world. With the past Avatars gone and the spirits and people fighting, it's just kinda nice. And Kai looking so scared when he thought she was a ghost and then saving her and protecting his fellow prisoners when he can. ;~; I love that Bolin just forgives him but Mako's like "heck no, I had a lot of money in that wallet!" x3 Kai is going to have to work for some trust here.

And the earthbenders standing up to be Air Nomads, oh my gosh. Tenzin. The feels, the feels. He actually teared up, it just means so much to him. He's so much more likable and I am so glad he's gotten some people to learn the ways of airbending.

But wow, Meelo is not a good teacher, lol. =p

Wow, the fight between Kya and Zaheer and when she realized it was Zaheer - I was just like daaaaaang things are moving. So great. So great.

Aaaand, the first glimpse of Ming-Hua, she's just as cool as the rest of them! Poor Zuko, though. He was doing so well in the fight. D:

I laughed for quite a bit at the driver just being like "Really? Here? Now guys?" I had been thinking the same thing! x3

The Metal Clan - holy word-I-don't-say, what an awesome place!!! Lin has a sister and Toph is still alive and look at all those awesome children of Suyin! Oh my gosh, Toph is still alive! And once again Avatar is going to hit hard family issues. I did wonder about Toph being a parent. I'm glad they didn't just skimp around and make everything perfect. A lot of people do end up overcompensating to make sure they don't do what their parents did that they didn't like, although I am sad to hear that childhood was tough on them.

I love Suyin and I love the Metal Clan, though. Beautiful city, she's a matriarch, they encourage arts of all kinds. Her son has a shaved head and a piercing! I just adored the metal dancing they created.

So, so many Toph feels I can't even process them. Single mother with two children from different fathers, she's out traveling and has been missing!? I cannot await until more of this storyline is revealed! <3

I like that Opal finally called out Bolin on how he treats women when he likes them because that's a huge part of why I didn't like him. It was nice to see that revelation of "be myself, oh, sure!" They're a pretty sweet couple, esp if Opal is going to keep him in line.

I forgot to gush about Mikey from TMNT (Greg Cipes) voicing Mako and Bolin's cousin, too! So nice to hear his voice. o3o While I was looking at this stuff, it was brought to my attention that the voice of Kya is Dr. Cuddy from House and, more amazingly, Ming-Hua (Zaheer's girlfriend, the "new Combustion Man") is the voice actor of Azula! Did not even recognize her.

Ugh, I could gush over these episodes forever. They are making up for the first seasons hardcore here. The better storylines and character development and characters I can actually relate to - and the bending! This is something else I was really, really missing. I know there was plenty of bending in the first seasons, but I just found them... lacking compared to ATLA. It just wasn't as exciting. It was all bending we'd seen before. It was constricted and with rules (pro-bending). But the bending in these last two eps - wow, this is what I was wanting. Good battling, good moves, highly talented benders showing off. Happy sighs. Many happy sighs. This is the Avatar I've been looking for.

aHHH i am sCREAMING these eps were sooooooooo good.

Where to start, where to start? I loved it all, so many feels. ;~;

I am loving Jinora more and more and oh my gosh her and Kai are so adorable. I'm really glad Jinora retained such a strong connection to the spiritual world. With the past Avatars gone and the spirits and people fighting, it's just kinda nice. And Kai looking so scared when he thought she was a ghost and then saving her and protecting his fellow prisoners when he can. ;~; I love that Bolin just forgives him but Mako's like "heck no, I had a lot of money in that wallet!" x3 Kai is going to have to work for some trust here.

Ugh, I could gush over these episodes forever. They are making up for the first seasons hardcore here. The better storylines and character development and characters I can actually relate to - and the bending! This is something else I was really, really missing. I know there was plenty of bending in the first seasons, but I just found them... lacking compared to ATLA. It just wasn't as exciting. It was all bending we'd seen before. It was constricted and with rules (pro-bending). But the bending in these last two eps - wow, this is what I was wanting. Good battling, good moves, highly talented benders showing off. Happy sighs. Many happy sighs. This is the Avatar I've been looking for.

OMG CAN WE JUST TAKE A MOMENT TO TALK ABOUT HOW ADORABLE KAINORA IS. LIKE I REALLY HOPE TO SEE THEM IN FUTURE EPISODES. KAI HAS TO COME BACK, HE'S SO CUTE AND JUST JINORA AND HIM LKDASJFLDAJSFKJASLFKJAS.

And yeah, not sure if you keep up with the ATLA Comics (The Promise, The Search, The Rift) but the latest comic is starting to catch up with Toph's family and is tying in with Korra. I just love the continuity of it all!

Also, interesting (sad) fact: the place Jinora goes to where she sees it flooded is also the exact place where Jet died. I just love how well they tied it in with ATLA.

Edited by tinakhal

Every I do not have pay tv. But I can watch it online.

Edited by Remy400

OMG CAN WE JUST TAKE A MOMENT TO TALK ABOUT HOW ADORABLE KAINORA IS. LIKE I REALLY HOPE TO SEE THEM IN FUTURE EPISODES. KAI HAS TO COME BACK, HE'S SO CUTE AND JUST JINORA AND HIM LKDASJFLDAJSFKJASLFKJAS.

And yeah, not sure if you keep up with the ATLA Comics (The Promise, The Search, The Rift) but the latest comic is starting to catch up with Toph's family and is tying in with Korra. I just love the continuity of it all!

Also, interesting (sad) fact: the place Jinora goes to where she sees it flooded is also the exact place where Jet died. I just love how well they tied it in with ATLA.

Yes, I have never found a couple or pairing as adorable as I find Jinora and Kai! Like, even in the original ATLA I loved Zuko and Mai, but they're not really the adorable type, lol. Jinora and Kair are just soooo kyoot. ;~; So cute.

I have a hard time actually reading comics - I tend to get really distracted and can only focus on the words or on the art and can't put them together, so I'm not a big comic person. I did read a little about Zuko's quest to find his mother on the ATLA wiki, but that's about it. Good to know there is stuff out there! Do I have to buy the comics or are they released online?

Edited by SockPuppet Strangler

I haven't even finished the second season xd.png Idk why it just lost my interest gonna start watching it again though since I can like binge watch it lol

What the hell, I didn't know book 3 was already airing! I'm angry with myself for not checking the schedule like I should have been. This "two eps per week" thing frightens me though. Why does Nick constantly insist on screwing with the schedule and airdates of this series?

This "two eps per week" thing frightens me though. Why does Nick constantly insist on screwing with the schedule and airdates of this series?

At least it's playing consistently thus far (although I agree the two eps every week is a little weird o_O ). The new TMNT show (yup, also Nick) will play two weeks in a row, skip three weeks, play for one week, skip two weeks... >_e

Are you dead certain that ep 6 is out? It's an american show isn't it? Also im pretty sure the latest episode is ep 5 which came out the 11th, all others are probably not real tongue.gif

At least it's playing consistently thus far (although I agree the two eps every week is a little weird o_O ). The new TMNT show (yup, also Nick) will play two weeks in a row, skip three weeks, play for one week, skip two weeks... >_e

Wow, I didn't know they did it to other shows too. I can't for the life of me understand why anyone would run a network in such a way. But god forbid they don't make room for the 50,000 obligatory reruns of Spongebob each day.

...aaand sure enough, I just checked and Korra isn't even available on Nick on demand. They're not even rerunning the episodes! mad.gif

I think I'll rewatch book 2 while waiting to have access to the current season, since unlike the first season I only watched the second season once in its entirety because I found myself strongly disliking it. Ever since the last half of the book 1 finale the show has become increasingly frustrating/bad IMO, with the exceptions being the episodes about Avatar Wan; I would have loved to see a full miniseries telling his story. The animation style was so gorgeous during those episodes too. Wan's connection to Raava and his quest for redemption is so much more compelling to me than anything Korra has done thus far. Honestly I find it very difficult to like Korra at all now... I hope book 3 can change that a little, because it's so hard to stick with a show when you can't stand the protagonist.

@Marcus - Like I said, episode 4&5 aired on the 11th. The 6th and 7th episode will air on Friday the 18th. smile.gif

But, yes, episode 6 did leak in Spanish. I watched it, with English captions LOL oops. ((Episode 3-6 leaked on Nickelodeon's Spanish website due to a glitch a few weeks ago, so yeah, that kinda threw some people off.))

And yeah, they're playing two episodes a week. (Every Friday) It's not biweekly, because it's actually on the same day, so it's weekly LOL but that's just me being technical with definitions.

@Koroshiya - I admit I fell in love with Wan's story, but I must admit, book 3 has such amazing character development and makes up for what the second book...lacked.

Hello yes I've watched most of this show.

Is anyone else...kind of disappointed by the way they handled the "good/evil spirits" thing? (Whited out in case people are super not caught up I guess) I mean I'm biased because I really hate black and white morality, but in A:TLA they were stressing so much that people are who they are because of their choices and that everyone can be good but then haha surprise!!! The Avatar is good because they literally have the embodiment of goodness lodged within their soul and not because of the choices the human being part of them make!! It's just. Even the villains now are way more clear cut and you just kind of know who's supposed to be "evil" and who's supposed to be "good" and when that one guy turned evil he just stopped doing funny stuff immediately so we could hate him more. What the heck?

Well, I don't like the way the whole Avatar states disconnected and I didn't really like the solution in the end of the last season, so... Don't have exactly the same complaint as you, Pi, but yeah.

~

Watching today's episodes reminded me, I forgot to rave about Toph's "truth-see-er" ability also being passed on to others! Was excited to see the Metal Clan person be able to do that as well.

I really expected the Bei Fong angst to spread out through both of these episodes, so was a bit startled to see it settled in one. I think I would have liked it better if they merged these two episodes better by showing a little bit of Metal, then going to Air, then Metal, then Air, etc.

I did really like the Bei Fong episode and seeing Lin and her sister work things out! I loved the flashbacks, although I'm still trying to come to terms with

. I just struggle a little with the characterization they gave her as she got older. It's a very sudden change. But I did enjoy the flashbacks! Did not see the explanation of Lin's scar coming, though! That actually really did take me by surprise.

Good fight scene, too! Was a bit disappointed to see Opal break it up, though. =p

Nice to see Katara and Bolin interested in metalbending! And Opal and Bolin really were cute supporting each other, lol.

I feel like the last episode, the Airbender-centered one was definitely the weak link so far. I liked everything technically - I smiled and laughed at many parts, I enjoyed the man getting shaved actually finding it useful, I continue to squee over Jinora and Kai. But I really was hoping/expecting this to be Jinora's break out episode. We know she's technically good at airbending. We know she's got a fantastic connection with spirits. But pretty much anytime there's any bending excitement going down... Jinora is getting captured and Kai is saving her, and I'm a leetle tiny bit sick and tired of that. I mean, they built up this thing with her getting her tattoos. Kai compliments her and says she's worthy of Master status. Jinora slowly gets angrier throughout the episode. Jinora actually snaps at her dad and calls him out. I was really expecting her to come to her own as a leader or protector or something, but no. That was something I thought the episode was building up to and then there was absolutely no climax for it. So disappointment.

I liked the episode overall, but I do feel it is the one weak link this season has had.

Edited by SockPuppet Strangler

Ah, the irony.

This season is finally good and apparently due to sinking ratings it is being pulled from TV and will only be aired online. We should get confirmation and details soon.

Also found out that apparently they have been airing two episodes a week because several eps were leaked and nick was basically trying to release as fast as possible to manage an actual release of the season.

Hello yes I've watched most of this show.

Is anyone else...kind of disappointed by the way they handled the "good/evil spirits" thing? (Whited out in case people are super not caught up I guess) I mean I'm biased because I really hate black and white morality, but in A:TLA they were stressing so much that people are who they are because of their choices and that everyone can be good but then haha surprise!!! The Avatar is good because they literally have the embodiment of goodness lodged within their soul and not because of the choices the human being part of them make!! It's just. Even the villains now are way more clear cut and you just kind of know who's supposed to be "evil" and who's supposed to be "good" and when that one guy turned evil he just stopped doing funny stuff immediately so we could hate him more. What the heck?

Well, no, actually, I don't think it's as clear cut as you're making it sound.

Yes, its true that they had the good versus evil in very opposite, tangible characters, but the Avatar isn't good just because the good spirit fused with him. Wan had to prove himself to the good spirit over and over again before she accepted him and they finally fused-- I imagine the same happened with Unalaq and the evil spirit. So it had absolutely to do with their choices as a human being, and considering that the Avatar spirits were all reincarnations of the same person at the very basic level, it's not surprising that the Avatars would be good people. With or without the spirit. After all, the spirit was dislodged from Korra for an amount of time and her own spirit was still "good" and she made the righteous choice regardless. Unalaq made bad choices and had zero morality, thus he was able to connect to the evil spirit. It wasn't a case of "oh they're just good/bad because they have good/bad spirits inside of them".

Well, no, actually, I don't think it's as clear cut as you're making it sound.

Yes, its true that they had the good versus evil in very opposite, tangible characters, but the Avatar isn't good just because the good spirit fused with him. Wan had to prove himself to the good spirit over and over again before she accepted him and they finally fused-- I imagine the same happened with Unalaq and the evil spirit. So it had absolutely to do with their choices as a human being, and considering that the Avatar spirits were all reincarnations of the same person at the very basic level, it's not surprising that the Avatars would be good people. With or without the spirit. After all, the spirit was dislodged from Korra for an amount of time and her own spirit was still "good" and she made the righteous choice regardless. Unalaq made bad choices and had zero morality, thus he was able to connect to the evil spirit. It wasn't a case of "oh they're just good/bad because they have good/bad spirits inside of them".

I suppose that's valid. But it doesn't really counter my point? Morality is way more black and white than in ATLA, the good characters never really have to make any morally dubious choices, and Unalaq was just 100% a manipulative censorkip.gif*** and intelligent enough to know that he'd probably die along with everyone else if he became the "Dark Avatar", but he did it anyway because apparently "he's just evil" is a good enough justification for a villain. :\ And don't get me started on the utter corruption of the yin and yang ideology where neither is evil and both are necessary for the world's survival. Contrast the Fire Nation in the Hundred Year War where both citizens and antagonists were portrayed as complex multifaceted people with actual motivations and desires other than Kill Everything Because EVIL.

Also: A large part of Aang's story arc was that he wasn't the same as the past Avatars. He chose to keep his earthly attachments rather than reach enlightenment. Before confronting Ozai there was that whole scene where he consulted his past lives and they all told him it was his duty to kill him for the greater good, but he rejected it and did things his own way because he didn't believe that was the right thing to do. It's just that the Avatar's job is to bring balance to the world and that really should include positive and negative energies as well as elements and everything else, but then Vaatu was totally just left out of that.

@Fractional Pi Day: You got me lost at Vaatu. Of course Vaatu wouldn't be in ATLA. He's still trapped in his prison, bidding his time. There was mention of the balance in the energybending part becuase even after Vaatu was locked out, there was darkness still.

Yeah, I should probably stop talking..

Anyway, comment on second season; Unalaq: ohmy.gif I thought he became evil as he grow older. I never expected him in the flash back as "being upto something". He was looking.. tongue.gif feminine. You know, with the scared expression, "Brother, we're being attacked."

Regarding Vaatu: I didn't say he was supposed to be in ATLA. I'm just mad because the Avatar is supposed to be a force of balance, but then the creators introduced two opposing spirits and gave the Avatar the "good" one and locked the other one up in a tree. What happened to everyone being capable of great good and great evil? Geez.

I mean don't get me wrong, I really love TLOK's aesthetic (it's basically CHINESE DIESELPUNK, how do you not love that) and most of the non-one-dimensionally-evil characters, but the S1-2 plots were basically complete contradictions of ATLA's philosophy. S3 looks promising so far, though! Ming-Hua and P'Li are such queens I love them. Although hopefully they actually do reveal the Red Lotus's motives because otherwise this entire thing will become a confusing non-sequitur.

Edited by Fractional Pi Day

Ah, the irony.

This season is finally good and apparently due to sinking ratings it is being pulled from TV and will only be aired online. We should get confirmation and details soon.

Also found out that apparently they have been airing two episodes a week because several eps were leaked and nick was basically trying to release as fast as possible to manage an actual release of the season.

So at Comic Con they explained that Nick kinda threw this at them. It was something that had been discussed, but kinda shoved to the wayside and then all of a sudden Nick was like "eyup, doing this" because the TV presence wasn't very large, but the online presence was tremendous. Nick had never had a show streamed so popular as Korra was when it was released online. So this Friday will be the last ep that airs on TV and the rest will be online.

Makes sense, but it sounds like Nick is having troubles communicating with everyone - fans and creators. >.>

GUYS LOOK AT WHAT I MADE

So unless the Korra animators just did whatever they wanted with the heights (which I doubt since they told us P'Li's exact height), this means that neither of the Red Lotus men clear six feet. This is. This is utterly hilarious to me oh my god.

Also Ming-Hua is super tiny and adorable and will probably murder you in your sleep. Perfect.

@Fractional Pi Day - oh my god i am dying hahaha what a terrible height difference.

----

Anyways, yeah at ComicCon, they basically explained that Korra always did better online than it did on TV, and that they had (supposedly) already planned the move beforehand, but it was sort of thrusted upon them now. But there's some speculation going around, that I somewhat agree with, that the show is becoming a bit too dark for Nickelodeon. Like Bryke said, "Avatar has never been usual Nickelodeon fare." I mean, take a look at Friday's episode. they threw Ai Wei off into the Fog of Lost Souls, which is like pratically killing him off.

---

@ uh too lazy to scroll up to see who this was but about the whole black/white good/evil thing:

I actually agree and disagree with your point. I felt as if Book 1 and Book 3 of Korra had so much areas of gray in it, with no exact view of good/evil. Like with the Equalists, I always thought their arguments and the protests were very relatable and it made me question the whole bending = awesomeness idea. And then with book 3, the Red Lotus just introduces a whole nother palette of gray because Zaheer makes a lot of convincing arguments that makes you question order/disorder, good/evil. But when it comes to season 2, yes, I see where you get your point from.

Hello yes that is also me. (Also did anyone else notice the fact that yin is supposed to be associated with femininity and logic while yang is associated with masculinity and emotion? Because that's a thing, yeah. I'm actually really glad that in the new episode Zaheer at least brought the issue up, but I'm pretty sure no matter how they retcon this now it's not going to make any sense.)

But yeah I think mature themes do have something to do with it - season one ended with a murder-suicide for heck's sake. I mean ATLA dealt with some heavy themes too, but Korra is actually way more cynical. But then again Spongebob has murdered, like, dozens of men and the hyperrealistic close-ups have probably given thousands of children nightmares. It still feels like they just pulled it off the air so they could have even MORE Spongebob reruns every day.