Misha

Successful breeding of Metallics

If you've produced a metallic what common dragon did you use in the breeding?  

494 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I used stripes and gotten more metallics. I also used purple, waterwalker and alt vine, but never got a mettalic out of that

I haven't produced a single metallic since they made them rarer, but my most successful couple were a vine and a silver when they did.

White & Blacks. I might actually try them with stripes next time tho, seems ppl are having luck with those pairings biggrin.gif

Black and white mainly, sometimes green but black more often, because I hope to get another alt, but I haven't had any alt green for a long time. Green and gold often refuse.

In my silver's line are silver and grey and silver and sky, but they haven't produced any silver offsprings lately, though I breed them every week, I'm going to try stripes next.

My first cavepicked gold had a seasonal inbred father, and his forefather's had a wildly mixed anchestry: blue, magi, purple, stripes...

I haven't produced a metal egg for some time, I wonder if the time you breed them is more important, than the colour of the parent...

I've bred my golds with stripes. Works for one but not the other (as in, one produced a metallic and one produced a stripe). I've tried breeding my silver with a ridgewing, but hasn't worked (they have ridgewing children only).

I tried breeding my silvers with stripes and they indeed produced silver offspring, at times.

Just bred a gold with a pink, for a gold. smile.gif YAY - it was for a friend - I expect that helped !

I took a leave of absence from the cave for a while but for the few weeks I've been back, blacks have been out-performing all the other potential partners. I got a gold and a silver out of two separate pairs (the silver pair has an admittedly spectacular run http://dragcave.net/progeny/HAeo ). I've also had pretty decent luck with a gold x stripe pair but that hasn't carried over to other golds. My main go-to breed for golds is guardians and silvers...they are just weird when it comes to breeding.

I never succeeded in breeding my Gold yet. perhaps I'd better change the partner from CB Magi to CB White...

tried a CB White - no effect sad.gif but, perhaps I'm too impatient. I heard golds may breed only once or twice a year... or even more rare...

I just got a silver with a silver x summer pairing.

I just got a silver with a silver x summer pairing.

Wow. blink.gif

I'm afraid to breed my seasonals with anything unless I actually want a seasonal because that's all mine produce. dry.gif

Wow. blink.gif

I'm afraid to breed my seasonals with anything unless I actually want a seasonal because that's all mine produce. dry.gif

I was rather surprised to get a silver myself - I'd have been happy with a winter as well. smile.gif

As I continue breeding my metals it seems like metal x black/stripe produces best. I have a pair, gold x black, that has produced 2 gold children - out of two total children. And my silvers are mostly bred only with blacks and they seem to throw a silver every couple of weeks at least. o-o

Most of my other pairs only throw commons or nothing at all; I have a silver x autumn seasonal pair that hasn't produced a single silver out of like 12 breedings. >_>

As such I've decided to stick mostly to blacks and stripes when I bred my metallics at this point... sleep.gif

Rare x Rare breeding

* Breed gold x gold, gold x silver, or gold x holiday (Or any other combination of rares except holiday x holiday)

* gold x gold has the same chance of producing a gold egg as gold x pink, so this won't make rares super-easy to get.

I have taken this to mean that it doesn't matter what you pair your silvers and golds with. Your chance of getting a silver or gold egg is exactly the same no matter what the partner is.

I see a lot of people breeding golds and silvers with stripes, and even recommending that pairing or metal x black to others, as the most likely to give metallic eggs, but I don't believe your chance actually increased.

My last gold egg I bred was harvest x gold. It's a very pretty combo.

Just got two more silvers. One with a stripe mate and one with a pink.

I just got a silver from breeding with a stripe. I've taken to breeding my metals with stripes simply because any egg I get is likely to find a happy home regardless of species.

Edited by Sir Barton

Got another silver with a stripe/silver pairing. This time a red stripe mate was used. I think I'll trying pairing more silvers with stripes.

Got a shiny lil silver egg from silver X shallow water(goldfish) pair. They've been producing shallow eggs regularly, so... that might count for something?

My second silver, Vampires Curse has produced 2 silvers, not at one time, only with my alt black Emerald Sliver.

My first silver and gold however, rarely produce anymore and have never produced any metallics. They are being bred with Blunas and it never works...I guess I should change partners.

My third silver produced her first egg today, but it wasn't metalic, it was a black, and it was with a regular black.