Misha

Successful breeding of Metallics

If you've produced a metallic what common dragon did you use in the breeding?  

494 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

looks like my metallics will never produce shiny eggs sad.gif I tried several partners - and no result... and I want so much to gift Gold and Silver eggs!

My silvers have had silver eggs from alt blacks, stripes, seasonals(I use an autumn seasonal), skywings, Vines and Electrics x3

i'm currently trying to produce one with a magic.

My Golds have only produced golds when matched with CB Stripes.

My Silvers are less picky... they have produced from black, horse, pink, sunset. water. stripe, daydream and purple ridgewing.

My so far only Silver egg bred on my scroll was by SilverxStripe.

(The person getting it gifted, vamped it because it was inbred which slightly annoyed me because I told them before, and a lot of others would have taken it to grow up Silver no matter what.) dry.gif

My so far only Gold egg bred on my scroll is GoldxPink.

Tried a silver/pink pairing and a silver that had giving a lot of non-silver eggs finally gave me a silver.

I just got a sucsessfull breeding right now with silverxblack and my one and only gold breeding was goldxwater smile.gif

My one gold has yet to produce anything shiny, though he has coughed up two electrics (he's 8th gen and mated to my CB electric). People tend to want them, so I don't feel bad about breeding and abandoning them. I don't want to pair him with something like a pebble, because they clog the AP anyway...

I don't think this poll is really accurate. I get metallics from breeding to whites/blacks because that's pretty much all I breed metallics to. A lot of other people do the same, so it's going to look like blacks and whites are SUPAH BREEDERS when in reality it's just a much larger percentage of people breeding them for something that's probably close to the same ratio of breeding a metallic at all.

I do think it's wise to breed metals to desirable things such as stripes or blacks, however. Whether or not a pair breeds is determined separately from what egg is generated (or so it used to be), so when you breed such pairings you have a far better chance of getting a stripe or black than you would if you bred them with another common, in which case the other type's egg would be far more likely to be generated.

I just had a successful gold breeding with a gold and hellfire.

Almost all of them except Mint, Dorsal, Neotropical, Seasonal, Water walker, and Whiptail.

Those always produce their own kind.

All my metallics are paired with various species, so I couldn't really say what gives me the most success... Except that I've had a higher success-rate with stones than most people have.

My metallics successfully breed every week, and all I do is pair a random stripe with them. It works for my trios and everything else on my scroll too.

I breed all but one of my golds with whites. I get more white eggs than I can handle, but no golds.

My silvers breed much better. I got a female silver last week.

I get a better ratio of metallics vs. commons when I breed my metals with black or stripe smile.gif but I've gotten metallic offspring from almost all the commons in existence at one time or another (with the exception of whiptail, spitfire, neotropical and waverunner, maybe nocturne)

Just tried a gold x marrow dragon, produced successful xd.pngtongue.gif seems most of my dragons agree with holidays for some reason. Is it just me or does this happen to others as well?

I've been breeding my CB gold with both a CB non-alt nebula and a CB Vine for some times. However, her first pairing I attempted was between her and a CB Purple.

After she reached adulthood, that was when my idea for a lineage would work. However, the breeding between the Gold and the Purple never produced anything. Not even a purple. I ended up dropping the idea with the Purple and tried others.

Even at times when I've bred her with the CB Vine, there's been a Vine, which I waited patiently to see what it was going to be. I would abandon them if the Vine babies don't hatch as an alt and someone else can have a 2nd generation Vine.

Aside from one success of getting another gold egg from my pairing with the Gold and the Nebula, there has mostly been 'no egg' message.

Edited by Kamoodle

Just tried a gold x marrow dragon, produced successful xd.pngtongue.gif seems most of my dragons agree with holidays for some reason. Is it just me or does this happen to others as well?

I've also noticed dragons seem to be breeding really well with holidays. Especially my tinsels.

I bred a gold egg from a gold x bluna pair last week, which shocked me lol.

I am using my CB golds to try a goldxgold so far nothing and nothing with my other bred ones xd.png

Same goes with my silvers.

No, all Tinsels breed insanely well. Just look at Terraes, they are extremely common and yet many Tinsels are produced. In one day, the number of tinsels a person can own can literally double o.o;;

I haven't managed to breed any golds yet, though I've been using blacks.

But one of my silvers is very producive: 4/8 offsprings are silvers. And all of my silvers have produced at least one silver offspring with a black or alt black. :3

They haven't been producing anything in 2 weeks now though.

I did manage to breed a Gold to a Geode of all things (hey, I was getting desperate okay?) and it worked and I was able to gift my sister-in-law a nice Gold Egg the first in like what seems forever. On the downside I have, through gift, for the first time have a CB Gold and I think somehow it'll never breed for me (the gold I successfully bred was fourth gen).

No, all Tinsels breed insanely well. Just look at Terraes, they are extremely common and yet many Tinsels are produced. In one day, the number of tinsels a person can own can literally double o.o;;

Really? I've bred all my tinsels (3) twice, but always got the no egg message or a tinselfail.