Misha

Successful breeding of Metallics

If you've produced a metallic what common dragon did you use in the breeding?  

494 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

My productive Gold has refused every dragon but the two Blacks I've tried on her. (I tried... Vine, Water, Green, and Red) She's produced 5 Golds since January with her Alt Black mate.

My productive Silver (for certain values of productive) has produced 2 Silvers with a Skying. I've also gotten a Silver from a Water.

Lately, I had two succesful black/silver breedings that gave me a silver egg. I am not getting any blacks from them though ... at least at the moment.

My goldfinch/blut (gold/black) pair gave me two golds in a row, this week and last week.^^;

Randomness is helpful... but only when it feels like it.

I wonder why, because I only have three golds (counting the gold egg I just successfully bred) and two male vines.

One pairing of gold/vine didn't work, but the other did.

user posted image

I would explain it to you, but you would catch fire...

Edited by Kandycat

Last week I had a SilverxBright Pink pair give me a silver egg ^^

... I was locked at the time and breeding metallics for the lulz, so... yeah xd.png

I bred two golds successfully a couple of days ago (out of 8 pairs). They were from a gold x red pairing and a gold x black pairing.

Edited by rubyshoes

I breed about a silver a week and I've gotten twice as many silvers than blacks from my silverxblack pairs, which is most of them. Blacks are breeding rather poorly of late; I haven't gotten a blacl egg from my own pairs for a week or two now. @_@

In the entire time I've had my golds, they have only produced about three gold eggs total from the lot of them. >.> It doesn't matter WHAT I breed them with.

I've tried breeding my metallics to: Stripes, new pinks(not flamingos), alt black, purples, waters, guardians, and maybe some more but no luck with metallic eggs. Mostly commons.

Except one and the only one silver bred egg from silver x alt black smile.gif Those two get a lot of "no interest" though.

I have a Gold Egg I got today so what should i try to breed it with? (My first metallic)

I breed my golds frequently with blacks and pinks and whites; try those. smile.gif

I've produced metallics with just about any common dragon, as well as alts.

Although there was a period of time that metallics and Vine/Blacks wouldn't mate (always refuse), that is no longer the case.

Certain dragons seem to do better with certain partners, but I really don't think that any common dragon is more likely than any other to produce metallics.

Seasonals seem to produce a higher than normal number of seasonal eggs. This applies to not only seasonal/metallic pairings but pairings of any other combination.

Nowadays, I try to breed my metallics mostly to mates that are not the types clogging the AH, although I'm not strict about it.

It seems to be a random number generator, which doesn't always seem random to individual users, but nonetheless is.

Most of my successful metal breeding comes from blacks, then stripes.

Others won't give me eggs x_x

I bred a silver (CB) with a black that had a long lineage and finally got the pair to produce a silver egg earlier today (10/2). I'm not too pleased with the breeding pair I used, but after lots of earlier failures, I'm glad that I was at least able to get a silver egg.

ETA: I have a gold/mint pairing that's produced a few golds and a lot of mints. My only four egg clutch - all mints - came from this pair.

Edited by casprrr

I've produced metallics with just about any common dragon, as well as alts.

Although there was a period of time that metallics and Vine/Blacks wouldn't mate (always refuse), that is no longer the case.

Certain dragons seem to do better with certain partners, but I really don't think that any common dragon is more likely than any other to produce metallics.

Seasonals seem to produce a higher than normal number of seasonal eggs. This applies to not only seasonal/metallic pairings but pairings of any other combination.

Nowadays, I try to breed my metallics mostly to mates that are not the types clogging the AH, although I'm not strict about it.

It seems to be a random number generator, which doesn't always seem random to individual users, but nonetheless is.

Wow... your collection of metallics is pretty impressive. blink.gif

I got 2 golds from my Canopy(Ellisrei) and Gold(Ji'rin)...

None from my silver and other gold xd.png

The pairings I usually use are metallic x Black.

There are these 2 dragons: A silver male and an alt black female that pretty often gave me silver eggs. (well, like 3 silvers from that one pairing)

And another pairing: Silver female and Stripe male, that also gave me 3 (or 4?) silver eggies.

As for golds. I dunno. They are kind of chaotic. I once got a gold from a skywing, but I usually breed them with blacks. =]

It's unfortunate that the best way to get a metallic now is if you already have one to breed. I've seen more than a few people lately say it took them a year or so to get one. I know I won a contest for doing so, sat on the list for that long and never did get it.

As far as eggs, I've gotten 2 golds, one from a purple and one from a stripe. And one silver from a pink. I have an adult of each gender and each for the silver. Two more hatchlings to freeze and I'm done with them forever. And thank goodness. They are miserable as they are and contribute to too much bred trash on the AP. 90% of the eggs there aren't nice, they are just, *I'm spamming breed trying to get a metallic* lineages.

Just went through all of my metallics and their offspring

Silvers: [starting with 5 adult silvers: 1 CB Female - 3 Second Gen Silver x Seasonal - 1 Third Gen Silver x Seasonal]

via Seasonals:

produced 6 silvers [5 males|1 female]

and produced 7 seasonals [3 spring|4 winter|0 summer|0 autumn]

via Frills:

produced 0 silver [0 males|0 females]

and produced 4 frills

Golds: [starting with 3 adult golds: 1 CB Male - 1 Second Gen Red x Gold - 1 Fifth Gen, Mixed Lineage Gold x Seasonal]

via Seasonals:

produced 0 golds [0 males|0 female]

and produced X seasonals [x spring|x winter|x summer|x autumn]

via white:

and produced 1 white

via sunset:

and produced 1 sunset

via pink:

and produced 2 pinks

via red:

and produced 2 reds

via vine:

and produced 1 vine

Just successfully bred a gold with a black. This is the second time this pair has successfully produced an egg and both times it was a gold egg. smile.gif

Just got a silver from a silver with a red stripe.

Come to think of it, wasn't there a lag in breeding a few months back? Is that still happening?