Misha

Successful breeding of Metallics

If you've produced a metallic what common dragon did you use in the breeding?  

494 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I've been here since December of 08 - my wife gifted me a Silver then who dutifully produced ONE Silver egg the next month. All the other Metallics on my Scroll are either AP snags or other gifts. Since then, I've not been able to breed a single Metallic egg. Once in a rare while, I'll get the Common, but most of the time it's 'no egg produced'.

And my Tinsel has bred three times now, and always it's "no egg produced".

So someone PLEASE tell me which breed to try with my Metallics.

used to be I'd get golds with my alt blacks (voted other was not sure if the alt black would be same as black?) unsure.gif

but now I get nothing sad.gif

I got gold breed with thunder it work than I had on black not work well for while.. silvers still not get new eggs yet. smile.gif

I got a lot of my metallics from seasonals and frills. Produced some from magis and skywings. Nothing recently, though. Except one silver from a frill >.<

First egg from this gold since april,

http://dragcave.net/lineage/8s6ok

All this while i must've bred him with pairings that don't lay eggs >.<

Or is this the norm for metals?

It's the norm.... (I am trying to fill an IOU for a gold. I have three golds. It's been MONTHS sad.gif I try religiously every week...)

successful breeding of metallics x holidays is inspiring ohmy.gif I tried my Gold with a Shadow Walker today but got no egg. though this was without fertility. I will continue trying...

I just bred my first silver from a shadow walker. It does seem like they do well with holiday pairings. This was probably not even my 5th attempt breeding this dragon, and only about my 2nd with this pairing. Didn't even use fertility, but I kinda think that BSA might be completely useless.

My only ever two bred silver eggs came from a random silver x green pairing (it was a complete fluke, didn't think I would get an egg - dragons' one night stand? :P) and silver x silver.

Fertility overall hasn't proved to be of much use for any of my breedings though, imo. My males probably don't like such effeminate dragons poking around in their affairs. XD

I did get a 4th gen gold by breeding with a shadow walker the other day. This is my first gold since Sept 19th. My last golds before these two were bred in March.

The last time I bred a metallic gold was May of last year. dry.gif The last time I bred a silver was February of this year. Doesn't matter what I try breeding them with or when, they don't even give common eggs.

Metals are breeding at full force. I have never been locked with all metals since the last feast. Looks like the famine is temporarily over but I dread to be throw back into it .. only time will tell. I wish we could have a more balance ratio instead of ALL or NOTHING.

The only one I've ever bred was with a bright pink, unfortunately this little lady has a pretty long and messy lineage. Never managed to breed another one and god knows I've tried MANY times with all kinds of dragons ;D

FREAKING HELL:

Week 1

2x Silvers. One from Sweetling, other from SW

Week 2

2x Silvers. One from Sweetling, other from SW

Week 3

3x Silvers. Two from SW, one from marrow.

D: D: D: biggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

Bred 700% more in three weeks than I've bred in the last year and a quater. smile.gif

3 golds in the past week from me (from frill, black, and ribbon dancer). Course, I bred on V-Day, which might explain how I magicked so many up. Less people breeding when they need their sports for the holiday~

I bred my Gold x Green Stripe to get my Gold. I know...completely random, right?

Well, I had that 1 Gold in a while. When I caught it, it was inbred and messy. About a 2 months ago, she became "orphaned." I noticed that whoever owned the parents killed them off. Now my 1 Gold is a pseudo-2nd gen.

And my only other "orphaned" dragon happens to be this Green Stripe.

I have been noticing a sharp increase in successful metallic breedings. I've given away four golds/silvers over the past two weeks, just because I'm getting so much...

Heck, one of my pairs has produced a gold egg four out of five times. It's crazy.

I'm breeding metallicXmetallic or metallicXholiday, though, for the most part.

But I'm enjoying this spell while it lasts... metallics are probably going to go extinct for a while after this. :B

While I have bred some metallics (I chose Water for the poll, though they also come from Guardian and Stone), I haven't bred any for a long, long, long, long time. When I saw this poll, I decided to check just HOW long it's been.

2.5 years. Yep. The last metallic I actually bred was on 9/9/09 - a Gold. (And I froze it! blink.gif At least I didn't freeze a CB....)

I bred 4 Golds in 2008, 2 Golds in 2009, and 1 Silver in 2008. Definitely not for lack of trying! (And trying and trying and....) I am totally overdue, dagummit! dry.gif

I've used Shadow Walkers for mine (I have one male and one female Silver, and one Gold).

They each bred on their first attempt, and then haven't been interested ever since, even with Fertility. Go figure!