Misha

Successful breeding of Metallics

If you've produced a metallic what common dragon did you use in the breeding?  

494 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Deffinitely a blacks&gold pair gave me all of my gold dragons.I have only one silver produced by a drake&silver pair.And lately I can't even produce a black - they are awfully hard to breed nowadays

My most successful silver breeding pair is silver and white, with two silver eggs out of eleven successful breedings. My most successful gold pairing is a gold and white stripe, with two gold eggs out of ten successful eggs.

Got another silver egg from a silver x red stripe pairing

These are from back in 2009, but hopefully they're still relatively relevant.

Silver x Bright Pink (not helpful, I know)

Black x Silver

Red x Gold

Red x Silver

Just bred a silver from Silver x Purple Dorsal ♥

Their first silver offspring, woohoo smile.gif

Grats! I have a female silver and a male dorsal, so I may have to try that pairing next. Even if I don't get a silver, I might get a red dorsal :B

Bred another gold this week. My golds seem to bred golds better than my silvers breed silvers. This gold was from a gold x black pairing.

You name it, I've probably used it. I've had success with mostly blacks, whites, and vines, but I've also used whiptails, mints, waters, magis, cb yule (when you still could), pinks, greys, and I think stripes.

My metallic self bred eggs have come from Purples, Pinks, and a Black inbred Alt

Edited by Ryoneko

From my experiences, Guardians make HORRIBLE mates for metallics. I have one pair (Silver x Guardian) who has given me 13 Guardians and no Silvers. I have switched around mates every once in a while but this particular Silver hasn't given me even ONE Silver in the two years I've had her... X|

I have another Silver whom I've mated with a Guardian and he's given me 8 Guardians and only 2 Silvers.

And a Gold x Guardian pair that has given me 10 Guardians... no Golds.

On the other hand, I have a Gold who has given me 8 Golds (the most a metallic has ever given me). All but one came from a Stripe. The other was from a White.

I have to say that I've gotten the most metallics out of Stripes though. They are great partners for shinies. tongue.gif

Mine have amost always been with a black for my golds any ways. My silvers havent produced any silvers period since i have had them

I've had my best luck with Stones and Blacks. One of my golds just keeps churning out the golds with his Stone mate.

I think I've bred metals out of black, stripe, vine, white, pink, nebula and hellfire. smile.gif

I never succeeded in breeding my Gold yet. perhaps I'd better change the partner from CB Magi to CB White...

I have bred 2. Both were from different silver & black pairings.

The other one gave it right away(inbred though), and with the other pairing it took a while.

All of my golds breed with a white and one of mine has produced 2 gold eggs until now.

My silvers are more random:

One silver breeds with a fellfire. He produced one silver egg.

My first silver breeds with an Alt Black. He produced three silvers.

Another silver produced two eggs with a summer.

Another breeds with an albino and just produced his first silver egg.

My first female silver produced one egg with a daydream.

None of mine metallics have produced any metallics in more than one year or so (though, I haven't bred them all too much to be honest, they're horrible to produce metallics, but in the beginning of December I started to bred them again, no success with a metallic yet)... But I used to bred them with mints, skywings, seasonals, stripes, and blacks most of the times.. Most success to get a metallic for me was with mints and skywings as their mates, but it took a long time in the beginning and when they finally got a metallic offspring it took even longer until they produced another one...

I recently acquired a gold and it just grew up today *YAY* so I decided to breed him and chose a white stripe and just got a white stripe. I want to try and get a few golds. smile.gif