Misha

Successful breeding of Metallics

If you've produced a metallic what common dragon did you use in the breeding?  

494 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I'm just curious as I've produced two golds and two silvers with two whites and two blacks. I've tried others such as magi, reds, pinks etc. but nothing comes of it. So I thought I'd see if anyone else had produced metallics out of what might be referred to as not your run of the mill pairings.

I've bred metallics with Pink, Stone and Striped dragons and gotten metallics out of them. Black and White dragons have worked too, though.

I've produced silvers with pink, black, stripes, sunsets, dark green, purple dorsal and I'm sure others I can't remember right now.

I've produced silvers with pink, black, stripes, sunsets, dark green, purple dorsal and I'm sure others I can't remember right now.

Wow, Ruby I'd never even thought about using stripes. Since my stripes won't breed with each other *at all* maybe I'll try them with my metallics. biggrin.gif

Wow, Ruby I'd never even thought about using stripes. Since my stripes won't breed with each other *at all* maybe I'll try them with my metallics. biggrin.gif

I like using stripes since if they produce an egg and it isn't metallic, it is still a "desired" egg.

My male gold has *only* produced more golds with this Red Striped; they've got two Gold children together.

I haven't had any luck with breeding my female at all, though. Still trying to find her a good breeding partner. *shrugs*

~Feathers

My golds have yet to produce any golds at all using hellfire and goldfish partners. I think I'll switch to some other partners.

My male gold has *only* produced more golds with this Red Striped; they've got two Gold children together.

I haven't had any luck with breeding my female at all, though. Still trying to find her a good breeding partner. *shrugs*

~Feathers

Eh, same here except its with my cb silver. He's only produced one common egg for me so far in all his breedings. I like the idea you and Ruby had of a stripe though. They are desired by me (and a lot of players) and I'm getting no where fast trying to breed them to each other.

That was my reasoning. =] Though my silvers have never given me any metallics. They seem to really hate the stripes, for some reason. *shrug*

~Feathers

i have produced metallics with seasonals, pinks, white but mostly with blacks. 4 of 5 golds i managed to breed so far were with blacks

That was my reasoning. =] Though my silvers have never given me any metallics. They seem to really hate the stripes, for some reason. *shrug*

~Feathers

Edit: My silvers and golds have only produced 1:1 to both white and black for the two each for produced golds/silvers. Most of the time of course they just don't produce or produce a common.

Edited by Misha

I breed one of my silvers with a guardian, who sometimes gives me a metallic, I breed another with a purple who does the same, my magi and silver pair is the best silver-making pair I have, I breed my golds with a vine, a nocturne, a white, and a black, and all but the nocturne and white have made a gold.

The progeny tool helps a lot with this.

I've had metallics produced from Skywing, Vine, Bright Pink, Black, Red, Seasonal, Sunrise, and Striped (white and red) matings. A frill is also included, but that was before they were discontinued.

I tend to have bad luck, though, so only two golds have actually produced more than a single metallic offspring thus far. If I had to guess, I'd have to say that stripes have given me the best results.

All about the Pinks...I am a bit shocked they are not listed up there...

All about the Pinks...I am a bit shocked they are not listed up there...

I think I was running out of space you're only allowed thirty lines for the poll. that's why I created an other category. wink.gif

I bred my Silver with a vine once and got a silver, but other than that they either fail or come out common :\

I haven't bred most of my metallics in a long time, since I'm hoping for CBs, so I don't feel qualified to vote in the poll.

However, I've bred metallics from Blacks, whites, magi, pink, guardian, seasonals, and a few more breeds I can't remember right now.

I think my most recent metallic was from a silver x water pairing, although I've gotten golds and silvers from pairings with many other breeds.

I haven't bred most of my metallics in a long time, since I'm hoping for CBs, so I don't feel qualified to vote in the poll.

However, I've bred metallics from Blacks, whites, magi, pink, guardian, seasonals, and a few more breeds I can't remember right now.

I think my metallics *hate* magis or, at least, my magis. No outright refusals just multiple failures. After about three or four I'm afraid to try a certain breed again although I know that means really nothing in terms of metallic breeding because the success rate is so low anyway. blink.gif

Edited by Misha

I've managed to breed 4 gold and 4 silver eggs since Christmas.

The last two gold eggs I got were from gold/black pairs.

The other two were from seasonal/gold, and gold/stripe.

The most recent silver egg came from a water/silver pair.

The other 3 silver were from daydream/silver (two, from different pairs) and vine/silver.

I don't breed mine often, but I have gotten a silver from a white parent and a gold from a Sunsong parent When they were new. That gold had previously produced four Neotropical children and then I switched to a Sunsong and got a gold on the first try. I haven't bred that particular gold since :/