Misha

Successful breeding of Metallics

If you've produced a metallic what common dragon did you use in the breeding?  

494 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Well, I got some golds from Black x Gold pairings, but as I work on Gold x Red lineage for awhile, that is the most successful type of pair for me.

What about silvers, I never tried to make a lineage with them; yet, I recall breeding some silvers from Sunrise'Sunset and Black partners.

My best pairings tend to be silver X pebble, gold X seasonal, and gold X vine. I have had no luck with metallic X blacks, unlike a lot of people apparently, even when metallic breeding was easy.

I've bred well over 100 golds crossing with blacks.

2 from stripes, 2 from suns & 1 nebula.

But then, I've been breeding many, many more times with black than with other colors.

I've had my 3 golds since March-ish and My 2 Silvers before that.

I have yet to get a single gold or silver egg.

I haven't gotten any metallics since last summer in my breeding, though they're managed to produce common eggs pretty well. I use a variety like Pinks, Vines, Blacks, Whites, etc.

Well, personally, I don't think the pairing actually matters, as far as metallic production goes, since I believe it's more a question of whether you happen to breed at the moment when the system decides another metallic of that type can be produced.

If you breed a more common species, though, you're more likely to have a common egg produced, depending on what the system decides at that moment.

I think it'd be more productive to burn incense at an alter devoted to the system, (which I term the 'Dragon Gods',) but this also assumes that you have incense, an alter, and nobody hanging around uneasily eyeing you and fingering a nice, white straitjacket...

Wish there really was something we could do to increase chances, lol.

Many forum members seem to be chronically living in doubt as to whether metallics are rare or endangered.

Well, personally, I don't think the pairing actually matters, as far as metallic production goes, since I believe it's more a question of whether you happen to breed at the moment when the system decides another metallic of that type can be produced.

The pairings don't matter I think, but I like to time my breedings at a time when most people won't be breeding their metallics as much, such as, right after a release. A Holiday release would be even better :3

While pairing may not matter, I've gotten quite a few metallics from

Silver x Red

Silver x White

Gold x Pink (Bright Pink)

Gold x Storm

I don´t this this represents the breeding statistics correctly:

A lot of people specifically try Black x metals for what ever reason. So if that pairing is over-represented in the attempts already naturally it will result in more metals with those parental breeds.

What would show the success rates with breeding mates better is:

try for every breed 100 metal X breed tries then count of each metalX breed combination the metal eggs and then you will probably see that it is not much of a difference what partner you use.

I've tried both my golds with two different reds each and while they'll give me commons, I get no golds. I find my blacks and whites equally unproductive. The only gold they've give me was from a vine.

My silvers are more generous, and I've gotten shinies from waters, whites, and a daydream, but their best mates (most likely to give me silver) are blacks despite trying with various purples and pinks.

When I bred my Gold with a Black it produced another gold egg. But i've only bred my golds 1-2 times since I'm usually scroll locked.

ive gotten a gold with red stripe and a silver with an alt black. only one of each though. it usually fails. :|

My most recent was gold/black.

I wonder if the huge amount of metallic/black pairings is because people want alts, or they like the way metallic/black looks. I have a few gold/black pairings, because I keep some of the blacks to see if they're alts.

Too bad the poll doesn't allow multiples. I have gotten metallics from many combinations

Black

Sunrise

Seasonal

Skywing

Red

Stone

Stripe

Pink

Purple

Mint

Vine

Dorsal

Magi

Fog/Storm/Grey

just about anything metallics can breed with biggrin.gif

I've bred two Gold eggs: one with a Red and one with a Nebula.

The only Silver I ever bred had a Red mother.

It has been a while since I successfully bred any Metallics. One of my Gold has produced four Golds with a Red and one Gold with a Pink. The child of that Gold produced a Gold with a White. My female Silver has produced a Silver with a Guardian and two Silvers with a Skywing. Her one son produced four Silvers with a Pink, her other son produced seven Silvers with a Mint.

I haven't been breeding my metallics lately but my best results come from goldxguardian, goldxdorsal, goldxstripe, silverxpurple, silverxmagi, and silverxblack. I would include my frillxgold line but frills don't breed anymore.

i had my gold dragon for nearly 10 months now, breeding almost every week and so far... 0 sucessful gold offspring :/ unlucky much?

Before the metallic breeding "fix", I bred metallics with literally everything. Post that..

The breeds that I have /not/ produced a metal with are:

hellfire, sunsong, terrae, dorsal, purple, dragonhorse, waterhorse, waterwalker, balloon, electric, canopy, deepsea, daydream, bbw, frill, nocturne

Everything else I have has produced at some point.

Honestly, this info is useless if you don't also collect info on how many of each pairing has been tried and what failed for each particular person.

I often get a silver egg from my silver x black pairs. My Gold dragons don`t produce gold eggs it doesn`t matter with which mate I try it.

Mt last successful metal breeding was the beginning of June with a Black.

For a few months there, I was getting quite a few, mainly from Blacks & Vines.

I have one inbred silver male that I mated with a purple twice (got a purple both times), tried a white dragon (got a white), tried a pink (got a pink), tried a vine and got two silver's I kept one and sent the other one to the AP. So for me my vine works, though I haven't bred them since Mar 21, 2010 they could give me a vine egg, just tried and got no egg was produced, I may try again next week.