DragonRider13

Super Powers

When I was small I used to see future things in my dreams.

For example I dreamt that a friend gives me some liquorice during the big break at school. Next day he did exactly that.

I don't have any dreams like that since about 10 years.

Edited by Lilithiana

I can see peoples' auras, and even animals' sometimes. I can also hear insanely high frequencies, like those picture tube TVs before a tape is put in them. But that could just come from being a teenager... or being short.

I can hear electricity in wires and other high-pitched noises, but that's not so much an ability but an annoyance. My hearing's also quite good for anything other than people actually talking to me. I've been told I can drain the energy out of things, whether it's the heat from an object or energy from people nearby, but I only do it when I'm tired, ill or very hungry; I also do it unconciously, without meaning to or realising that I'm doing it. I only knew about it when I was doing it to my Dad on a walk and he told me to stop.

Oh, and I can make people ignore me by concentrating or just by accident. It happens randomly, so I'll be trying to get someone's attention and it's like I'm not there. I can also sneak up on people easily. It's hilarious.

I can hear high-pitched noises. I have very good hearing in general.

I can apparently also see more colours than normal people, and I can see very well in the dark (but my eyes hurt a lot when it's very sunny or when lights inside are very bright; I wear sunglasses all the time outside).

I'm also good at reading people and manipulating them. I'm a very good judge of character, which makes it really easy for me to predict what people's thoughts and reactions to things are. My friends always come to me for advice.

I believe that people have something in their head telling them what the right or wrong thing to do is, sort of telling the future (like when you have to pick between two things, and something's telling you to pick one, but you go against it and pick another. And then, when it turns out to be the thing you didn't want, you tell yourself "I was GOING to pick the other one"). I think we should all listen to the "something" a little more.

I have a really laaame superpower.

My nose... I can smell very faint scents and can usually know when food has pepper or some other spicy thing.

Usually comes handy for knowing about a gas leak...

Mmm, not really a superpower, but most of the time animals don't attack me, I can pass close to a dog and it wont bite me or move near a beehive and the bees won't attack me (Of course I don't make any sudden moves or try to anger them)

It is not really a super power, since I got it through training myself rather than it being natural but, I can wake myself up when I want to. It is not just that I get up everyday at 7, so now I naturally wake up at 7, but if say I have to get up early, say at 5, or if I can sleep in until 10, I can 'program myself to wake up at those times. It is really handy if your alarm clock is broken, or something like that.

I read about it in a book, where one of the characters could do that, and I was like 'no way', but I tried it and I can do it now. It's kinda cool.

I'm also sensitive to high-pitched noises. Such as the sound tube tvs make when you turn them on. Again, not really a super power. Probably just normal hearing range that I haven't ruined by listening to loud music.

If I could choose a superpower, like a comic book type superpower, I would choose flight. Being able to fly would be totally cool.

I have the supreme ability to suck at everything. Does that count?

This topic reminds me of Stan Lee's Superhumans on History Channel. Cool show, although it seems like they ran out of good people REALLY fast. There were some cool ones in the earlier episodes, like the Shaolin monk whose strongest punch was the one inch punch? Makes you think.

I don't have any 'superpowers', nor have I ever seen anything like that in real life (neither unexplainable things). But I wish I did. c:

If I had to chose, I'd chose the power of telekinesis. Being able to move stuff with your mind would be so radical. <3

Telepathy, maybe?

...That reminds me; I think my mom has superpowers. She has the uncanny ability to understand my thoughts and feelings and seemingly knows all my wants, likes and dislikes. She's amazing. :3

I have the supreme ability to suck at everything. Does that count?

xd.png

I have dreamt the future a few times which makes some of my more realistic nightmares terrifying... and two have actually come true

occasional telepathy moments (just had one then) where i think about someone and get contact from them basically the moment i think about them. happens most with people close to me. so Keyon my boyfriend, Ash a close friend, zac another close friend, Kee my non biological sister and Cate one of my besties

and just to counter the argument that they contact me often, that would only rule out Ash.

It is not really a super power, since I got it through training myself rather than it being natural but, I can wake myself up when I want to. It is not just that I get up everyday at 7, so now I naturally wake up at 7, but if say I have to get up early, say at 5, or if I can sleep in until 10, I can 'program myself to wake up at those times. It is really handy if your alarm clock is broken, or something like that.

Verified. It's really useful when I'm practicing Lucid Dreaming :3

If I could choose one superpower = immortality when I can die if I choose and I don't age :3

Edited by DarkEternity

I have a few 'superpowers', if you can call them that.

I sometimes dream vividly about the future, but just the feelings, not events. Like I'll dream that something happens to make one of my parents angry or upset, but won't know what it was until it happens.

Speaking of feelings, I'm often told that I have empathy. If someone comes to me in a bad mood, I feel it. It's the same if they come to me happy. It doesn't even have to be in person. Just the tones in someone's voice can get me going.

And also I think I might be able to communicate with animals. I've never been bitten by a dog, and I frequently rescue insects and spiders from my house in the summer. One time I even used a flyswatter to rescue a dragonfly that was trapped in our kitchen.

Lastly, I can come up with great ideas for stories and such. Not really a superpower but it's pretty useful, especially since I plan on becoming a published author.

Sometimes I know things I shouldn't. Although that rarely happpens nowadays. There was a period where I could put myself in a sort of semi-trancelike state and predict die rolls. I can't explain it. Maybe it was a side-effect of my psychosis, although I don't know how that would work.

I get deja vu a lot. Sometimes it's pretty strong. Sometimes I even get compound deja vu, which really makes my head spin.

When I was little, I shared a room with my little sister. My big sister lived in the room next door. One night my big sister and I had the same dream, and we each remembered seeing each other. In the dream, I heard a commotion outside my room, so I opened it and saw my sister, who had ran on to the ceiling to escape what was chasing her.

Also, my Mum and my big sister have both confirmed that me and my little sister used to talk to each other in our sleep. We would often share dreams as well, but not to the extent of the example I gave.

My little sister will sometimes dream about accidents or disasters a day or two before they happen. For example, once she dreamed that Coldplay had died in a plane crash. When we woke up, she told me about it, and when we watched the morning news there had been a plane crash in which four people had died. She also dreamt about that bombing in Russia (was it in a train station?) that happened about a year ago, two nights before it happened.

I don't know how to explain these events, and they happen rarely and are impossible to predict, so I just label them "unexplained" and carry on as normal. There's nothing immediately threatening about them, and they don't affect normal life at all (apart from making me feel weird or uneasy for a short while), so I reckon I don't need an answer.

Edit: Oh yeah, and I can wiggle my ears. I can also wiggle my left one independantly of my right, but not my right of my left. That is a super-power, right?

Edited by vegetariancannibal

I've never seen any kind of superpowers in my life. I've just seen stuff from documentaries and such, but I believe that this things exist.

I think I had future dreams too, but I don't remember very well.

I remember that once a very strange thing happened. In grade 6, when I was in Italy, a man from China came to our class to talk about his country and culture. This was very interesting. Then, one tuesday, when the man talked about the cinese calendar, I started to imagine the year of the dragon(I still didn't know the animals in the calendar, It was just a guess) would happen in 2012. Next thing I remember, he gave us a sheet that illustrated the animals present in the calendar and the year.... My guess was right, the next year of the dragon will be in 2012. I told my friends, they were kind of freaked out(especially one of them who believes in the end of the world).

It was really weird to me. What do you think guys?

It could just be a coincidence though. I still guess it counts.

I've never seen any kind of superpowers in my life. I've just seen stuff from documentaries and such, but I believe that this things exist.

I think I had future dreams too, but I don't remember very well.

I remember that once a very strange thing happened. In grade 6, when I was in Italy, a man from China came to our class to talk about his country and culture. This was very interesting. Then, one tuesday, when the man talked about the cinese calendar, I started to imagine the year of the dragon(I still didn't know the animals in the calendar, It was just a guess) would happen in 2012. Next thing I remember, he gave us a sheet that illustrated the animals present in the calendar and the year.... My guess was right, the next year of the dragon will be in 2012. I told my friends, they were kind of freaked out(especially one of them who believes in the end of the world).

It was really weird to me. What do you think guys?

I haven't really experienced such things, though I wish I could fly... On second thought, probably teleport... tongue.gif

Wish I could read minds, oh well. I have had 4 premonitions before though.

Had a few precognitive dreams, if that counts. Unfortunately no lotto numbers in any of them lol.

Also occassional telepathy derps - when I think of someone important and they pop up right after (like, they text me on mobile), or they say the same thing I've just been thinking about. But that may be just coincidence as well, kind of weird but often hilarious.

Bump!

Hmm, superpowers or just awesome stuff? Well, let's see. I think the dreaming is more common. Yes. I always dream things that are to happen. Something to remind me of what I should do. These reminder dreams will give me a scenario. A drastic one. In which I will encounter something bad because I didn't do the particular task.

Other than that, there was one time that I was sleeping and I dreamt of an object. Something I lost. And when I woke up. I searched and found it as I saw where it was in the dream.

I flipped briefly through this thread and it seems to me that a lot of people just have weird stuff happen to them a lot. If you can't control it then it's not really a superpower is it? :I

When I dream it's usually weird stuff like fighting off zombies with musical instruments and minecraft weapons so I sincerely hope that I don't dream of the future. I would like to live forever though.

i was once able to smell colors

also i can make any cat like me it is a scientifically proven fact

Like if I focus really hard I can get clouds to part or make the wind or smoke blow a certain direction

I dream about the future a lot. But mostly it's about- well, I don't need to get into details.

What were you thinking when I said that? I meant just daydreaming about my crush gaiz