DragonRider13

Super Powers

I just remembered that I know someone who says he can see ultraviolet rays. I believe him, since I know some animals do, but I don't have any scientific explaination for it, other than some special cone cells that detect UV rays.

WHAAAAAAAAAAA!

I always dreamed of having the ability to see ultraviolet light... ninja.gif What's your friend say it's like?

I wanna be able to turn invisible and go thru anything.

Edited by davidb9

I dream of the future, I think most people do though. It's annoying.

This. I get deja vu a lot because of it. xd.png o3o Of course... I only figured that out when I went to a completely new rest area I had never seen before and my mom told me a secret about my aunt I had never heard before... and then I got deja vu. Weird damn timing. Wonder what causes it.

@Cavedragon49990: Sounds like you just have good senses and reflexes. ohmy.gif

Edited by Zovesta

Hmm, this is an interesting discussion.

When I was pretty young, I had this "theory" that deja vu was simply when a person dreams of a future event, which is usually forgotten, then when it actually happens, you, well, get deja vu. So I payed special attention to my dreams, and after a while quite a few of them came true.

I can "feel" emotions of other people too. Like, even when I am reading a book or something, I will still be acutely aware of what exactly other people are doing, and it's like the combination of how a footstep is different, or how something is set down by that person, how they breath, etc., which lets me know what kind of mood they are in. I am particularly sensitive to emotions.

I always assumed everyone had stuff like this.

Edited by Hycla

Hmm, this is an interesting discussion.

When I was pretty young, I had this "theory" that deja vu was simply when a person dreams of a future event, which is usually forgotten, then when it actually happens, you, well, get deja vu. So I payed special attention to my dreams, and after a while quite a few of them came true.

I can "feel" emotions of other people too. Like, even when I am reading a book or something, I will still be acutely aware of what exactly other people are doing, and it's like the combination of how a footstep is different, or how something is set down by that person, how they breath, etc., which lets me know what kind of mood they are in. I am particularly sensitive to emotions.

I always assumed everyone had stuff like this.

You assumed correct.

@Zovesta-No, I don't think that's it. I can sense anything in the hallway to my room...I'll vision it and turn around and see if Widget has come in. And we were playing Capture The Object in P.E. today, and walked past a kid, and I just visioned him whipping around. He did, actually, and that's a pretty good weapon-I managed to dart away in time.

On topic-I just remembered! I've got an extreme sense of hearing-it's like I'll hear a thump and run to see what's happened, going into the correct room. I can hear my computer whirring right now, and if you turn on a light, I'll hear the light.

~Cavey

I have Astral Projection. It's hard to explain but its an out of body experience, I think. I also have deja vu most days and can sometimes predict things. I don't think it's anything special though.

In my dreams I see a short senario of the next day, and then I see it really happens the next day. I don't think It's a super power though.

I doubt this counts, but I can always point to magnetic North.

I'm not entirely sure how or why, if I'm honest. Though I suspect it has something to do with my bio-magnetics. I've always stopped analogue watches as well. Can't wear the damned things for more than a couple of weeks before they simply stop working.

We tested the pointing North thing. As in blindfolded me, or done it in a room with no windows, and compared where I'm pointing with a compass. Dead on every time. Quite weird, also rather useful.

Edited by TikindiDragon

@Zovesta-No, I don't think that's it. I can sense anything in the hallway to my room...I'll vision it and turn around and see if Widget has come in. And we were playing Capture The Object in P.E. today, and walked past a kid, and I just visioned him whipping around. He did, actually, and that's a pretty good weapon-I managed to dart away in time.

On topic-I just remembered! I've got an extreme sense of hearing-it's like I'll hear a thump and run to see what's happened, going into the correct room. I can hear my computer whirring right now, and if you turn on a light, I'll hear the light.

~Cavey

Everyone can do this.

I doubt this counts, but I can always point to magnetic North.

I'm not entirely sure how or why, if I'm honest. Though I suspect it has something to do with my bio-magnetics. I've always stopped analogue watches as well. Can't wear the damned things for more than a couple of weeks before they simply stop working.

We tested the pointing North thing. As in blindfolded me, or done it in a room with no windows, and compared where I'm pointing with a compass. Dead on every time. Quite weird, also rather useful.

This is a pretty well documented effect.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Magnetoception#In_humans

Edited by SockPuppet Strangler

I get deja vu a lot, though, I suppose a lot of people do. An old grand father clock I inherited started ticking unexpectedly. I think it's my grandma smile.gif

this is a random convo i have to say...

but i really need help hatching eggs so plz clik on them?!

~Eggspam Removed~

//PLEASE_READ_THE_RULES_BEFORE_ATTEMPTING_TO_POST_YOUR_EGGS

[/img][/url]

Edited by _Z_

You're not allowed to post eggs on the forums, litenite.

Intuition is pretty much a superpower for some people. And there's being able to read people too.

I can talk people out of whatever they're going through right now. I don't know how, or why. I've solved relationship issues, I've brought people from the bring of suicide, I've prevented disasters. All because I can sit down and talk with a person, and somehow make them feel better. I really don't know if it's a superpower, to be able to sit down with anyone who is not feeling good, and then manage to have them feel better about themselves about whatever the issue is by talking it out.

unsure.gif

I can talk people out of whatever they're going through right now. I don't know how, or why. I've solved relationship issues, I've brought people from the bring of suicide, I've prevented disasters. All because I can sit down and talk with a person, and somehow make them feel better. I really don't know if it's a superpower, to be able to sit down with anyone who is not feeling good, and then manage to have them feel better about themselves about whatever the issue is by talking it out.

unsure.gif

It's called social skills. Become a psych/counsellor/social worker.

I'm slightly psychic. :L I can sometimes predict things.

Now if only I could predict when my friend would be back ;-;

I can tell if there is water in my ear by tapping my head and feeling the vibrations/shot for lame super-powerness.

Not sure if they count, but...

My uncle is as silent as an owl. He can walk up an entire flight of stairs and not make a single noise, walk across the floor and not make it creak, and open doors without making a sound. I'm pretty sure he's a ninja, but...*shrug*

My dad has the nose of a frickin' bloodhound. He can smell things we can't. For example, he'll poke his head into my room for a second before telling me it stinks in there. I just give him a weird look, because it smells fine to me.

My sister has super strength. No, seriously. She does. She can pin my 15-year-old cousin to the ground, actually give you a bruise when she punches you, use a softball bat meant for 13-14 year-olds and hit home runs with it, and can haul my 100 pound body down the hall.

Did I mention she's only seven years old?

As for me? I have my intellect. According to my parents, I was reading newspapers by the time I was two, and actually understood the words. Now? I'm in Algebra 2 and Chemistry. Things meant for high-school students, and I'm only 13.

Another notorious ability of mine is my ability to get people around me hooked on anything. For example, I love Minecraft. I showed it to my two friends, and now, one of them owns it. The other doesn't(her computer isn't fast enough), but she constantly obsesses about it. It's not just limited to games either, I get songs lodged in their heads all the time!

I can't think of anything else yet...

I have the power to stop a speeding bullet! Once.

tongue.gif

But really, I can read people. If I know their personality really well, I can tell what they want me to do. I somehow learned it when my mother got angry for me doing something wrong...

And sometimes when I'm on the computer, I'll accidently fall asleep, and when I wake up I'll have opened up open office and had started typing things. Sometimes it's a short rant about random things, sometimes it's what happens in my dreams(Or lack-there-of). And sometimes it's a short story or a message. I've only gotten the message twice though. Weird... >.>

I am convinced I have supor powers. I have supor speed, I have xray vision, I have gills (but becuase of my sickness they're usless as of the moment). My xray vision doesnt always work tho. Only sometimes, it takes energy out of me fast. and supor speed, well I got from my bed to in the car for school (im a girl too) with my best time being 3 mins and 24 seconds. that inclueds bathroom, contacs, breakfast, make a lunch, pack my homework from last night, get dressed, brush teeth, find my phone, hair, and anything else I needed to do.

EDITED:: oh ya and supor strenghth. I stoped a 7,000 pound trailler from going down hill pretty fast. yup! It was me and no one else! All me. I was scared cuz there were people at the bottom of the hill too. that was a combo of my supor speed and supor strenghth. biggrin.gif

Edited by libby2999