Rorschach

How many of your bred eggs do you keep?

About how many do you keep  

535 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I keep about 90% of the eggs I breed the other ten percent I gift. I usually don't breed unless its an egg/lineage I specifically want or if I know it has a home waiting for it so as not to add to the AP clutter.

Pretty much this smile.gif

Once or twice i have abandoned a bred egg to make room for a gift or trade, or if i am trying for a bluna from my CBs, but get a skywing/water/deepsea i usually abandon it.

Sometimes I'll keep them, sometimes I drop them. I like to breed Terra Khan (Magma) regularly and drop the eggs in the AP- I've kept a couple of eggs from him but as I'm lackng a project I'm sort of just randomly breeding and dropping. I try to make the eggs I toss out desirable- like a second gen purebred or something.

I like to breed my two Hellfires together, mainly because I like their names. I usually drop the eggs.

Edited by Khymarea

All the eggs I breed are MINE!

I only bred on rare occasions, and when I do, I like to keep all the resulting eggs |3

I only breed when I'm after something specific, whether a lineage or a specific offspring. Once in a rare while, I'll breed to gift. Usually, if a mating gives the wrong breed of offspring, I'll sic a vampire on the egg, which I'll keep if it lives, and not worry about it if it repulses. So basically, if I breed it, it's miiiiiine, except for an occasional exception.

Only once have I had a multi-egg clutch - fortunately, the one I had to drop went to a good home.

I try not to abandon a lot. I occasionally breed something I think people will like, like my snow angel/white lineage or my val/electric lineage, but I typically try to keep what I breed. If I have a failboat rare breeding, it gets bitten (usually) and occasionally abandoned after biting.

I really only keep the first egg of dragons I breed, or if they breed a rare, I will keep that also. But I also don't breed all of my dragons that often so as not to overload the AP.

Almost all of them. I have a conservative approach to breeding. If I want a certain egg, I breed two of the same species together. If I don't have a pair or it's a dragon that can't breed with its own species, I'll breed one species I want with another breed of dragon I want, that way no matter what egg I get it's something I want.

I try to only breed eggs that will be seen as desireable or rare, and I give away or drop most of them. I have a couple of breeding projects in mind, but I haven't started them yet. I think I only have two eggs that I bred that I have kept for myself.

I mostly breed my golds/silvers/other rare dragons. I abandon most of what I breed. This week I bred 1 gold and 1 silver and sent them happily to the AP. 8D

(I also bred 2 or 3 goldfish dragons and send them to the AP for people; hopefully their owners will take care of them)

I am only interested in vines/collecting at least 4 of each dragon sprite except dinos and chickens. I am pretty much only missing commons now. (:

Edited by Resix

I only keep a handful of the eggs I breed and only if I need that particular breed of dragon. I also tend to only breed dragons people want. However, most of mine are paired with breeds people consider undesirable so I have an agreement with friends, siblings, and my husband that, as long as I don't lock their scrolls, I can distribute the "unwanteds" through them in exchange for occasional rare I can't find a home for for whatever reason. Most of the time I'm sitting next to whoever is getting the egg. On a few occasions, I've gotten the password to access their scroll and transfer an egg or two over myself. As with any other abandoned egg though, I don't mess with the eggs/hatchies without permission after they're off my scroll.

Edited by demonicvampyress

I usually breed to complete my collection. When I get an unwanted egg out of a pairing, it gets shoved to the AP. Other than that, I'll breed 2nd gen Silvers or Golds whenever I want to trade for something I'm having trouble getting.

So I'll put the percentage at 18% kept in all and 92 percent kept in the past month or so...

I breed for my projects, I breed on request, and sometimes I try to get special lineage, or alt eggs, some of those I offer for trade or I release on the AP. Usually they are picked up really fast.

And I love to find special lineage eggs on the AP. If they hatch into alts I might offer them in trade.

I keep about 90 percent of the eggs I breed. (Didn't vote, no option for that tongue.gif )

I usually only breed when I want a particular egg. Of the eggs I breed to abandon, they're usually those that are rarer and more sought after.

Of the ones that dont auto abandon, I usualy keep about half, gift a few (mostly vamps or linage eggs) and abandon the rest.

But then again, I dont breed my dragons that offten, and those I do breed are usualy for linage eggs, or eggs that are destined to be Vamps...

I don't randomly breed, so all of my eggs are either for a purpose for my scroll, or for someone else.

When I breed I tend to try to breed 2 for which Id keep the egg if one produced. I do also breed for people on request. I try not to abandon my little eggs that I breed but I do abandon them. Sometimes when I am scroll locked I will look at whats not in the ap and breed just to give others a chance to get something they may be looking for. Maybe I shouldnt do that but I look at it as spreading the love around a little. Today I bred 2 cb splits and produced an egg So someone caught a nice little split that is not inbred which for me is a hard thing to find in the ap

It depends on the eggs. As Morgan said, I always breed dragons with a purpose, but if the egg produced isn't what I was looking for, then I'll just abandon it.

All of them, even if it wasn't the egg I was trying to get. I only breed dragons if I actually want the result of the breeding or I know someone else does and I'm planning on giving the offspring to them.

I took the responsible breeder oath, so I only breed when I have a reason to do so. I don't just breed for the sake of breeding and I take responsibility for the eggs I produce, even the ones I wasn't trying to get.

I keep nearly all the eggs I breed, since I only generally breed if I plan on keeping. For new releases however, if I have a pair and people are still trying to get them, I'll breed PB second gens and abandon them.

Of course, if I breed a black to my gold I probably won't keep a black if I get one (since my only gold's lineage is pleh). But for most of my pairs, I keep the result no matter what it is. <3

It is very unusual for me to keep an egg that I have bred. I am not much of one for carefully checking lineages before breeding my dragons and don't want to mistakenly inbreed one of my dragons. My solution is to only keep very, very special dragons that I have bred (such as my 4th gen silver Thuwed, etc).

Usually I breed for hubby or gifting. If I do breed for myself and it comes out wrong I abandon it.

I only breed when I need the egg or know someone who wants it.

And I do one test breeding to see if a pair like each other. I try to gift those, if no one wants them, I either abandon or freeze the hatchling.

I keep almost all the eggs I breed or I gift them in the TGT. I hardly ever abandon an egg, unless there are new eggs out that I'm dying to have.