You have changed the name to mine but left the old total biggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

Scroll with the most Ungendered Dragons: ZzelaBusya - 187

Thank you!

Edited by ZzelaBusya

Category: Breeders

Title of Record: Breeder with the most Shimmerscale dragons

Name of Submitant(forumname): FortyTwo

Scroll Name (link): http://dragcave.net/user/n/42

Proof for Record: Scroll. There's 54 adult Shimmerscale dragons on there as of this time. smile.gif

**DC RECORDS (MAKESHIFT) UPDATE (COMPLETE)**

New Records

- 33 Shimmer-Scales found on Sir Barton's scroll (Sorry, record beaten by Fourty-Two!)

- 590 Golden Wyverns found on Hellen's scroll

- 1420 Waters found on Leidarendi's scroll

- 56 Shimmer-Scales found on 42 (FortyTwo)'s scroll

Corrections

Thanks to Zaxian:

- PB/Perfect Alt Black iI5tD was linked to a Turpentine instead

- 4th gen PB/Perfect Royal Crimson 8VTYk was missed earlier

- 7th gen Perfect Mint MGPI0 was missed earlier

- 5th gen PB Seawyrm XHYme was missed earlier

Thanks to ZzelaBusya:

- 1202 Ungendereds record update was botched earlier

Denied

- None

Discussion?

While Million-Mile Baby has an impressive lineage, I'm not so sure how to fairly count that without opening the doors for the same thing done with every other breed.

On that note, would people want this? Staicase/V lineages would be acceptable as they're fairly well-known/common patterns that are easily limited to one (or two, in the case of Staircase) per breed. So what about these "Chevron" lines? Should those be recorded as well?

Just to throw it out there as a proposal for criteria: Longest line with no more than two (three in the case of hybrids) of a single species that isn't the same as the record-holder's?

For the non-record posts: I may end up giving them an overhaul; despite attempting to leave them untouched before.

Anyways, this should finally be caught up. Anything beyond this, I will need help for counting. My method for counting dragons is about to be disabled.

EDIT: I know I fail at wording. tongue.gif

Additions being considered currently:

- Longest PB stairtstep of breed X

- Longest PB Spiral of breed X

- Longest PB... (what are the V lineages called?) of breed X (equal generations on both sides to count)

- Makeshift (a.k.a. Dc Records)

Edited by Dc Records

Just to throw it out there as a proposal for criteria: Longest line with no more than two (three in the case of hybrids) of a single species that isn't the same as the record-holder's?

- Makeshift (a.k.a. Dc Records)[/i]

Hmmm I don't know if I got that right?

Like, I could not submit a record for the longest PB Thunder lineage, because I am holding the record of the Thunders blink.gif ?

If so, I would be against it o3o.

I mean the others who would post the highest lineage would not be the true record then xd.png.

Anyway, my suggestion have been overread again xd.png.

To split the longest lines into at least Even Generation and Stairstep Generation, because both put up a different kind of effort to achieve ^^.

Anyways, this should finally be caught up.

Not quite, looks like my PB/Perfect Flamingo record on this post was overlooked tongue.gif

Discussion?

While Million-Mile Baby has an impressive lineage, I'm not so sure how to fairly count that without opening the doors for the same thing done with every other breed.

On that note, would people want this? Staicase/V lineages would be acceptable as they're fairly well-known/common patterns that are easily limited to one (or two, in the case of Staircase) per breed. So what about these "Chevron" lines? Should those be recorded as well?

For the non-record posts: I may end up giving them an overhaul; despite attempting to leave them untouched before.

Anyways, this should finally be caught up. Anything beyond this, I will need help for counting. My method for counting dragons is about to be disabled.

- Makeshift (a.k.a. Dc Records)

I agree RE: Million-Mile Baby - it's a beautiful lineage, but so are many out there. And the idea of opening up 'records' for all combinations of 'patterned' lineages is a bit terrifying blink.gif

...Possibly it could be a general record for "longest EG, non-IB lineage with a consistent pattern, consisting of more than two breeds"?

---

I'm sortof of the opinion that staircases should be limited to one record per breed (I think the difference between an up and a down staircase is pretty trivial). Possibly having a record for perfect spirals as well? I'm also less keen on 'V' lineages, because they're significantly less common and require you to effectively 'end' the lineages ('V's aren't really continuable?). Additionally, if you have separate records for both up and down staircases, as well as 'V' lineages, I think it highly likely that the same person will end up holding all three.

So essentially, if it were my choice I'd suggest that the categories were added for:

- longest perfect stair (of x breed)

- longest perfect spiral (of x breed)... this would also open up the possibility of:

- longest perfect two-breed stair/spiral (of x *tinsel*/*shimmer* colour)... which in my opinion should be limited to tins/shimmers because it's basically impossible to breed a single-breed stair of them

- as well as the "general" record of longest perfect two-breed stair/spiral/checker (this would be a 'single' record, not a "for x breed" record because the combinations would be excessive otherwise).

---

I am also happy volunteer to help with counting... PM me when it needs doing?

Not quite, looks like my PB/Perfect Flamingo record on this post was overlooked tongue.gif

I agree RE: Million-Mile Baby - it's a beautiful lineage, but so are many out there. And the idea of opening up 'records' for all combinations of 'patterned' lineages is a bit terrifying blink.gif

...Possibly it could be a general record for "longest EG, non-IB lineage with a consistent pattern, consisting of more than two breeds"?

---

I'm sortof of the opinion that staircases should be limited to one record per breed (I think the difference between an up and a down staircase is pretty trivial). Possibly having a record for perfect spirals as well? I'm also less keen on 'V' lineages, because they're significantly less common and require you to effectively 'end' the lineages ('V's aren't really continuable?). Additionally, if you have separate records for both up and down staircases, as well as 'V' lineages, I think it highly likely that the same person will end up holding all three.

So essentially, if it were my choice I'd suggest that the categories were added for:

- longest perfect stair (of x breed)

- longest perfect spiral (of x breed)... this would also open up the possibility of:

- longest perfect two-breed stair/spiral (of x *tinsel*/*shimmer* colour)... which in my opinion should be limited to tins/shimmers because it's basically impossible to breed a single-breed stair of them

- as well as the "general" record of longest perfect two-breed stair/spiral/checker (this would be a 'single' record, not a "for x breed" record because the combinations would be excessive otherwise).

---

I am also happy volunteer to help with counting... PM me when it needs doing?

Which is why I suggested a split in even and stair ONLY.

Stair should not matter, if up or down - since it is a stair nonetheless.

I have a 7th even gen PB Thunder atm, that tooks WAY more effort than a stair.

Same goes for any other breed, plus you can make staircases a lot faster than even gens.

So there is not a big change to what we have now, for lineages, here atm.

Just the splitting into the biggest / most common lineage looks.

Category:

Title of Record:Most Replys Off One PM

Name of Submitant(forumname):Blackbolt101 And White1143

Scroll Name (link): Blackbolt101's Scroll And White1143's Scroll

Proof for Record: Here

Reason for submitting new Record:We Thought Our PM Was Getting Long With A Whopping 56 Replys

Edited by Blackbolt101

Category: DRAGON BREEDS

Title of Record: Breeder with the most Striped Dragons

Name of Submitant(forumname): Raphy

Scroll Name (link): http://dragcave.net/user/Raphy

Proof for Record: 484 Stripes counted. Proof on scroll. smile.gif Looks like JaneMcAsh beat me. wink.gif

Hope I did this right. Now to count colors. wink.gif

Title of Record: Breeder with the most Striped (Red) Dragons

Proof for Record: 110 Red Stripes counted. Proof on scroll. smile.gif

Title of Record: Breeder with the most Striped (White) Dragons

Proof for Record: 144 White Stripes counted. Proof on scroll. smile.gif

Title of Record: Breeder with the most Striped (Black) Dragons

Proof for Record: 83 Black Stripes counted. Proof on scroll. smile.gif

Edited by Raphy

RE: MILLION MILE BABY

This lineage took me almost an entire year to breed...but regaedless of that,it was specifically chosen to be submitted AFTER the "change in breeding " made by T.J./Forum about a year ago,where it states specifically that as of then "GEODES MAY NOW BREED WITH OTHER BREEDS OF DRAGONS IN FORUM" which made it seem as if it was all just a "first time breeding/DC submission of this TYPE of geode breeding,which is NOW perfectly acceptable" under forum/lineage breeding rules.

Im perfectly willing to name the lineage as the Mods would like,just want the lineage to be acknowledged for what it is...a NON-DESIGNER totally acceptable lineage breeding under the rules of forum itself.

Please contact me if there is a change of formatting that is needed etc;etc...

Thank You,

Rockin' on

Three updates:

Category: Dragon Breeds

Title of Record: Breeder with the most Striped Dragons

Name of Submitant(forumname): JaneMcAsh

Scroll Name (link): JaneMcAsh

Proof for Record: 552 Stripe Dragons counted

What has changed?: update # of Stripes

Title of Record: Breeder with the most Striped (Green) Dragons:

Name of Submitant(forumname):JaneMcAsh

Proof for Record: 225 Green Stripes (Adults) counted

What has changed?: update # of Green Stripes

Title of Record: Breeder with the most Striped (Blue) Dragons

Name of Submitant(forumname): JaneMcAsh

Proof for Record: 143 Blue Stripes (Adults) counted

What has changed?: update # of Blue Stripes

Edited by JaneMcAsh

Category: Breeder with the most...

Title of Record: Breeder with the most Sunsong Amphipteres

Name of Submitant(forumname): ubbydubby

Scroll Name (link): Scroll

Proof for Record: Scroll. My PB's are up closer to the front and my non-PB's are later on, about the 2cd page.

What has changed?: 111-128 sunsongs

Im perfectly willing to name the lineage as the Mods would like,just want the lineage to be acknowledged for what it is...a NON-DESIGNER totally acceptable lineage breeding under the rules of forum itself.

The discussion of this lineage has nothing to do with whether this lineage is 'acceptable under the forum rules' or whether you are 'permitted' to breed your dragons like this - of course you can breed anything you want :S.

There seems to be some misunderstanding going on here over the meaning of the word "designer"? This is a "designer lineage", in that it was "designed" by yourself, to follow a particular pattern that you chose (and I note that it was you yourself that called it a "designer lineage" first, in your original post, so I'm confused by why you're now so vehemently insisting it is "non-designer").

Many other people have spent comparable amounts of time creating lineages for their own purposes with different patterns and designs, so the real question is:

a) whether the lineage is sufficiently noteworthy to warrant having a record, and if so

B) what category said record might fall under.

IAM IN AGREEMENT!!(Honestly,I dont want this thing getting so O.T...but its my baby!

You can understand fighting for something youve worked hard for

Im merely stating it was MISTAKENLY formatted as a DESIGNER lineage(which has its own rules under DC Records),not that I didnt DESIGN lineage tongue.gif !

And all I want is to be told what format it falls under so everybody wont be making all the fuss about it.I believe in its validity to be in DC Records,but I cant get the straight answers re: format it falls under...exactly what you are saying.No argument here!

Rockin' On

Edited by Rockin' On

Category:Dragon Breeds

Title of Record: Breeder with the Most Vampire Dragons

Name of Submitant(forumname): Starscream

Scroll Name (link): http://dragcave.net/user/Starscream

Proof for Record: Scroll: Growing / 2 vampires in the holiday collection and the rest just below

What has changed?: Now at 640 vampires and growing.

Vampires: 605 found on Starscream's Scroll. (One page had frozen hatchlings hiding in the middle)

the frozen hatchlings are sorted by gender so that would be the female frozens. Are they not to be included with the count?

AH just found where that is. I'll adjust count next time. I will be well over this by your next update anyway.

Edited by Starscream

Category: LINEAGES - PUREBRED // LINEAGES - PERFECT

Title of Record: The Sunstone Lineage

Name of Submitant(forumname): Zaxian

Scroll Name (link): Zaxian

Proof for Record: http://dragcave.net/lineage/O6YeN

Reason for submitting new Record: No record for this breed yet.

Category:

Title of Record: Breeder with the most soulpeace dragons

Name of Submitant(forumname): kerrikins

Scroll Name (link): http://dragcave.net/user/kerrikins

Proof for Record: See previous record, still accurate

What has changed?: My scroll name is wrong tongue.gif It's listed and linked as 'kerriken'

I'm not sure if this was the correct form but I didn't see anything for typos. tongue.gif

Category: Dragons - offsprings

Title of Record: Couple with the most Children

Name of Submitant(forumname):Ilune Willowlef

Scroll Name (link): http://dragcave.net/user/Ilune%20Willowlef

Proof for Record: dragcave.net/progeny/Q7Cg

What has changed?: 131 --> 135

Category: BREEDERS - DRAGON BREEDS

Title of Record: Breeder with the most Spitfires

Name of Submitant(forumname):Ilune Willowlef

Scroll Name (link): http://dragcave.net/user/Ilune%20Willowlef

Proof for Record: http://pastebin.com/2tqcEVp9

What has changed?:740 --> 789

I rather like Zaxian's "longest EG, non-IB lineage with a consistent pattern, consisting of more than two breeds" tag since that seems to be the most simple solution to how to classify Rockin' On's Geode lineage. *two cents*

comments for new catagories:

Perhaps first would be to define the two catagories you have now:

Lineage - Purebred and Lineage - Perfect.

It seems they are both meant to be for purebreds and one is for

stairstep/spiral/V's, and the other is for even gens. I would keep Stairstep/Spiral/V's in the same place they are now. I would

suggest adding "even gen" to the Lineage - Perfect heading to be more clear.

For the PB overall longest lineage (suggested BlueIce): it is in the

thread's title heading "the longest" so it would seem that single record

should be added to each the Lineage - Purebred and the Lineage- Perfect catagory.

Neglected records: Are you going to include a "first Neglected from

xyz breed" for each breed of dragon on the Dragcave? And how

does one prove what breed a cb Neglected came from, or must this

be designated as 2nd gen or higher qualification?

Zaxian's suggestion: the "general" record of longest perfect two-breed stair/spiral/checker (this would be a 'single' record, not a "for x breed" record because the combinations would be excessive otherwise) seems very reasonable.

Also Zaxian makes a very good point there are many admirable

lineages deserving recognition.

I agree with a new catagory such as Zaxian has suggested:

"longest EG, non-IB lineage with a consistent pattern, consisting of more than two breeds"

comments for new catagories:

Perhaps first would be to define the two catagories you have now:

Lineage - Purebred and Lineage - Perfect.

It seems they are both meant to be for purebreds and one is for stairstep/spiral/V's, and the other is for even gens.  I would keep Stairstep/Spiral/V's in the same place they are now.   I would suggest adding "even gen" to the Lineage - Perfect heading to be more clear.

I think that adding a clarification of what the 'perfect' lineage means to the FAQ at least would be a good idea - I'm pretty sure that the terminology of 'perfect' lineage (meaning PB and EG) is pretty common, but I can see that some people may be less familiar with it.

The "Lineage - purebred" is not just for spirals/stairs, it's for any PB line (no matter the pattern). There will always been some crossover between the Perfect and PB (as a perfect lineage is by definition PB), and there would be similar crossover for PB and Spiral/Stair.

For the PB overall longest lineage (suggested BlueIce):  it is in the thread's title heading "the longest" so it would seem that single record should be added to each the Lineage - Purebred and the Lineage- Perfect catagory.

I agree.

We cant get CB Geodes - so Geodes are still PB for me!

To follow up from this and my comment above - it might also be worth adding a part to the FAQ to say that for hybrids (and possibly stripe colour variations), PB records hold even if the CB dragons are a different breed/colour.

---------

Category:

Reason for submitting new Record:We Thought Our PM Was Getting Long With A Whopping 56 Replys

Aside from the fact that that scribd doc isn't really proof (you could type that sort of thing up easily) this record doesn't meet the requirements for a record - see the following rule:

Note: to be suited for the Book of DC Records, your record must be directly linked to DragonCave (the game). Records linked to, for example, the DC forum will not be taken into account.
Edited by Zaxian

Category:

PM arent supposed to get online for others to read!

Thats why its called _private_ message!

edit: misspelling

Edited by tridymite

I have to agree that I think the Records pertain to the dragons, and would

not include the PM's in it.

"Perfect" was never meant to imply purebred, but perfectly ordered, unless you are not intending to use the definition begun in the Even Gens thread.

What is Perfect Generation?

Perfect Generation is when you have reached a specific goal with your Even Generation-breeding. A Perfect Generation is always an Even Generation but with a bonus. For example; each and every dragon in the line is a Magi, or it’s all made up of Water/White-couples. A special goal has been achieved, more than just being Even Generation.

That definition may have evolved over time but limiting it to purebreds is too limiting and purebred already has a clear definition. A purebred even gen is always perfect, but not all perfect gens are purebred. Does that make sense? He is considered Perfect, because the lineage is specifically ordered to be a perfect checker.

Edit: I'm not sure you alll are aware, but I'm one of the two people who originated the Even Gens craze, and the thread.

Edited by Fiona BlueFire

Fiona BlueFire, thanks for that clarification.

It would be nice for there to be same definitions used in all threads to

prevent misunderstandings.

Since the Records' lineages are of one breed, then it would appear the title for the FAQs should be clarified more as:

lineage-purebred should be: Lineage - purebred Stairstep/Spiral/V's

and

lineage-perfect should be: Lineage - purebred Even Gen

Do you agree?

Edited by grammydragon