RheaZen

Creepy-Crawlies

I don't quite understand why, but I cringe when I think of the movie Snakes on a Plane because I saw the beginning once. I also have a tendency to hate squishing bugs even though they annoy me (seriously, who wants something not furry or human cuddling up to you when you're trying to sleep or relax?).

Also, I hate the fact that I can't kill them successfully the first try. They usually keep twitching after the first attempt and it creeps me out and makes me feel bad. The first time I killed a spider I kept expecting an army of them to come out at me. -.-; I'd rather I was able to give them a swift death if they won't go away. x:

I smacked a bug on the wall of my work today and it kind of exploded and made a gross spot on the wall. D: I felt a little bit bad but it was worse when I had to wash it off the wall >.<

Look what I caught today. :3

user posted image

Oh my squee, that is adorable o__o

I don't like insects, don't like spiders, but I love snakes <3 Cuteness personified!

Here are my little guys in their pretty new tank:

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

They look lovely with my feature wall tongue.gif

-Pokes the lovely little snake-

This spider was a lovely model: http://i56.tinypic.com/2cqgmkp.jpg

Edited by isstiautng

If spiders didn't exist, we'd all be overrun by insects. Interesting fact I've known for about as long as I can remember.

In a way, yes, but not really. Something else would fill in the gaps left by the spiders - most likely another arthropod.

Also, another adorable spider.

user posted image

Edited by RheaZen

In a way, yes, but not really. Something else would fill in the gaps left by the spiders - most likely another arthropod.

Also, another adorable spider.

user posted image

D'awww what species is that?

Also, my arthropod collection is now at:

1 unidentified spider

2 wolf spiders

deathstalker

vietnamese centipede

desert hairy scorpion

brown widow

jerusalem cricket

few thousand roaches

Quote from someone making an ID guess.

Sometimes the common name is helpful, after all... what else could you call that but a "black velvet spider"? Immediately hit family Eresidae... genus Eresus. Species is a little fishy for a female, but by range I'll guess E. walckenaeri, a.k.a. Afialakas spider. They actually have 8 eyes hiding in there.

I think bugs and spiders are interesting, but at the same time, I literally can't be in the same room with one if they aren't contained. Especially if they can fly and or bite/sting me. I have little mini panic attacks.

I love watching videos about interesting insects and stuff though.

I LOVE reptiles. I have no problem catching them when others are running and screaming.

I am doing a big 2-year science project at school on Colubridae snakes. And I'm going to work at the zoo's reptile department this summer.

I am waiting to gain some experience before getting one as a pet, tough, because I want to give my reptiles a good home laugh.gif

I hate millipedes. I usually don't even like to have to look at pictures of them.

But wow. The Bright Blue Cloud Forest millipede is... and I can't believe these words are coming out of my mouth... pretty darn awesome. And kinda pretty.

/was going to stick this in the insect thread but since these guys aren't technically insects...

I hate millipedes. I usually don't even like to have to look at pictures of them.

But wow. The Bright Blue Cloud Forest millipede is... and I can't believe these words are coming out of my mouth... pretty darn awesome. And kinda pretty.

That would make a very beautiful dragon!