RheaZen

Creepy-Crawlies

Well, don't worry about that here - there are a number of rat owners on this board (I was once one myself) smile.gif

Got any pictures? We love pictures.

Here are my babies :

user posted image

The beige one is Hazel, and the Black one is Biscuit. They decided to poke their heads out from the dresser in this photo, so I snapped a quick picture because I thought it was adorable

Those rats are definitely adorable! ^^

I love how this is supposed to be a 'creepy-crawly' thread, and most of us just end up squeeing over various insects/small mammals/arachnids etc. X3

Pfft, typos XD

Edited by SmileyPerson

I have a rat biggrin.gif

His name is Brutus. I believe he is blind, or very hard of seeing, but I am not sure. Unfortunately, anything near his cage that he can reach gets bitten, including skin. He is not a mean rat, because I can handle him with ease. But it it touches his cage, he gives it a bite. This backs up my blind theory. And I have learned not to sneak up on my Bwutus <3

I want a ball python as a pet so badly. Or a gecko, or other kind of lizard. -pokes avatar- The geckos on the big island of Hawaii are so bright and pretty-coloured.

Yaaay.

One of the many members from my thriving colony of darkling beetles.

http://i582.photobucket.com/albums/ss265/T...03Sep021810.gif (Sorry for the extremely poor quality. sad.gif ) (Linked for fears of beetles. )

The ratties. (Bella in back washing, Dott in front sniffing.)

user posted image (Not linked for adorableness. :3 )

Cynder the ball python.

Here  (Link for people with snake fears.)

Love. A lot of people question my actions while owning these animals, but I love them all. <3

Edited by TheDarkCynder

Cynder is adorable oh my goodness. I have to move out before I can find myself a ball python breeder, because my mom hates snakes D:

I absolutely love rodents. They are so cool/cute. Especially rats.

Normally bugs don't bother me, but I kind of freak out when I'm in a building with flying ones. When I'm outside I feel like there is plenty of room for both the bug and myself. But when they are inside with me and they start flying around... They just seem so frantic when they fly around a room... It gets me all worked up and freaked out. :/

I can honestly say that being closed in a room with any flying insect is my worst fear. Other than that, I don't fear much.

Weird, eh?

Not really sure if this counts as a creepy-crawly, but I recently got a new pet Venus flytrap after my other one died last winter~ <3

Oh, and I think rats/snakes/spiders are adorable. I tried to catch a leetle bullsnake about a week ago but it got away. I've had pet rats for about half my life (including the sphinx or hairless variety) and I honestly don't get why people think of them as disease-ridden, foul vermin. They spend a heck of a lot of time cleaning themselves.

I almost bought a baby corn snake from the pet store today. I know breeders are far more reliable than pet stores but oh my god it was so cute i could have fit it into my pocket.

I almost bought a baby corn snake from the pet store today. I know breeders are far more reliable than pet stores but oh my god it was so cute i could have fit it into my pocket.

Pocket monster?

... in the context of a snake, that sounds really dirty (think "trouser snake").

I want to get a reptile. ;_; We went to a zoo the other day, and they had a meet & greet with some of the small animals. Geckos, and bearded dragons are now on my want list. (+ spiny tenrecs!)

Why do people fear them? Most small lizardy things hardly ever bite unless you stick your fingers in their mouths and leave it there. :/

Spiders.

Now when they're behind a glass then I've got no problem being around them. However, when they're crawling about does give me the major creeps. The worse that I remember when I was maybe five...or six years old had visited one of my relatives for his birthday. While we waited for the rest of his guests to arrive went over to this plot where a house was going to be built to play King of the hill game. I do not quite remember precisely why, but I was moving some of the stones when I spotted this huge trantula. Spotting that thing immediately drop the stone and went running back down.

Pocket monster?

... in the context of a snake, that sounds really dirty (think "trouser snake").

LOL OH MAN. I didn't even think about that xd.png

I really do want a pet snake very badly, though. I just need to a) move out, because my mom will have none of it if I get a snake and cool.gif find a good breeder in Alberta. And probably do a lot more research, because apart from the fact that they eat rodents and like humidity I don't know much about snake care.

I never bothered learning much about reptiles since I never figured I'd really deal with any. Mum doesn't like them and all.

user posted image

Grimace, I didn't know you went on Chatroullete.

Edited by RheaZen

I'd love to have a pet reptile...but they're illegal here. -.-

I don't get what's so "gross" about them. I think they're awesome.

@Rhea

Ohmahgawd that pic is so epic. X3

I have two giant prickly stick insects smile.gif

They have just passed their first and second molt do the are still very small. Will post pictures of them soon. :3

I adore all of them. From spiders to snakes.

I don't get why some people think they are disgusting or gross. Even dangerous.

A snake strikes to protect and hunt, like we kill pigs and such for milk, also wolves or foxes for protection. Exactly like us.

It's not an animal's/insect's fault they are born like that. Think about it. God made them, it wasn't their choice to be a creepy crawly- Disagree with me if you wish, I'm Christian.

Once in year two a boy brang in a python that his uncle kept. It was excellent. Took the assistant, him, his uncle, and our teacher to hold it. x.x. We got to hold it, but at the end something was splattered on the floor o.o.

It showed no aggression what so ever.

I think they are excellent. Personally, snakes are my favourite animal :3, next to lizards.

I kept a Common Garden Skink for a few days as it was wounded and kept it from birds and such, so it stays in my garden. I remember he had the end of his tail lost, but that's grown back. One of his toes is missing from birth; or it looks like that. Today he's still in my garden. "Slinky" is his name :3.

My six fruit flies massively bred.

I've got this mass of larvae and pupa all over my jar. (I had to kill the adults)

Horrifying and fascinating at the same time.

We are now working with the emerald cockroach wasp.

I once had 2 snakes and 3 lizards at the same time. Wonderful little things. One was a garter snake rescue, he'd been stepped on and had a huge gash in his side. He died inside of a week xd.png oh well, I tried. The other was a rat snake that I fed frozen baby mice from the pet store to xd.png had him for awhile. Great little guy. His name was Bob.

!!!!

My brother just found a massive spider outside our back door... probably the largest I've ever seen here (body-size-wise, not necessarily leg-span). It looked... like a little tarantula, really. All thick and hairy. And the hair on the legs wasn't the fuzzy-hairy kind, but more - spiny.

I thought it was dead... didn't find out otherwise until after I'd poked it with my finger. o.o

I'd go get a picture to post, but I think my brother's smashed it out of existence by now. Not 'cause spiders are awful, but because if something like that ever got in the house, my sister would probably have a breakdown. Srsly.

I think it maaaay have been a type of Barn spider, though, 'cause it looked rather like the pics here and here. (Pics very much NOT SAFE for the arachnophobic.)

Rather awesome, in a freakish kind of way. *g* I just hope its siblings aren't planning to move into our house, with this recent cold snap we've gone into.