RheaZen

Creepy-Crawlies

xd.png *Hates spiders, but luffles Spiderman.* <3

Oh! I like frogs! 8D But maybe not huge frogs... o_o

Whoa! That's such a weird picture. xd.png What are the bugs around? It looks like Jell-O or something.

Aren't they those types of ant that when there is little food, several workers just collect a load of nectar so they're swelled up, for other ants to feed off of? I remember seeing a picture/documentary where the ant looked like it had been filled with honey...

user posted image

These?

Honeypot Ants, from Australia. Apparently they taste nice :D

user posted image

Hehehe colorsss. I wonder what kind of ant these guys are.

That is so epic.

C'mon, don't tell me you weren't even a little freaked out.

That was, wow. xd.png Epic video. I mainly think of snails like this:

user posted image

I knew some seaslugs 'n' stuff were carnivores, but not land snails.

Snails are quite badass though:

user posted image

xd.png

That was, wow. xd.png Epic video. I mainly think of snails like this:

user posted image

I knew some seaslugs 'n' stuff were carnivores, but not land snails.

Snails are quite badass though:

user posted image

xd.png

D'aww, that's adorable. Poor snail xd.png

Centipedes.

the Amazonian Giant Centipede to be exact, scare the hell out of me

Bees attack to defend the hive, ants swarm to protect a queen, spiders bite when they are threatened, so do snakes, but the centipede... the centipede only want to hurt you. They are the only insect capable of hating your guts. Doesn't matter if you are minding your own business, it doesn't even matter if you see it, they will come after you. Not only do they want to hurt you, they can pretty easily. They have venomes fangs that cause painful swelling, fever, chills, and weakness, as well as anaphylactic shock for those allergic to bee stings as well as there front two leg containing vemon as well. They are armor plated so the little censorkip.gif and near imposable to squash. and they can run up to 10 mph.

scary little buggers

Um, no. Specifically, no no no hell no.

Centipedes are just the same as any other bug, and they'll only attack if they have a reason - they feel threatened but can't escape, perhaps you're a threat to their young (some care for their young, did you know that?)... rarely if ever do they attack unprovoked. And they don't have two sets of fangs, their only venomous parts are their modified front legs that act as fangs.

Um, no. Specifically, no no no hell no.

Centipedes are just the same as any other bug, and they'll only attack if they have a reason - they feel threatened but can't escape, perhaps you're a threat to their young (some care for their young, did you know that?)... rarely if ever do they attack unprovoked. And they don't have two sets of fangs, their only venomous parts are their modified front legs that act as fangs.

This.

Also, centipedes have insanely horrible eyesight, so one wouldn't be able to chase you if it wanted to.

Look at this thread and all the glorious pictures in it! Wish I had something to contribute, but unfortunately my favorite ultra-creepy crawler, the Mongolian Death worm, is camera shy.

You always hear people raving about how Bigfoot and Nessie exist, but what about the poor MDW? Why doesn't the acid-spewing cryptid have his own show on Animal Planet too?! Pfft =p

Ah well. To anyone who hasn't gotten their fill of giant killer worms, I'd recommend the game 'Death Worm' if you're bored enough.

Adding onto what grim said, that's why many centipedes are so leggy - they've got to have a long reach in order to "see" around them well.

Nine, yusss. I made a sprite of one, but it looks like a reddish earthworm.

... those two sites back up grimace and me, rather than you...?

And, well, yeah, if you get too close they probably feel threatened - that's not "without reason".

Never said you were wrong. All you guys did was back up my fear of the little monsters smile.gif

And a man was arrested for assault with a deadly weapon because he put giant centipedes in another man's bed. I found that interesting

I have two pet rats and it sucks that people always jeer and make fun of me because they think they're disgusting and stuff.